Login | Register

Khabib vs Conor
10-06-2018, 03:43 AM
Khabib vs Conor
Who ya got?

I didn't want to get excited too early for this one, because I have been burned WAY too many times in the past, but it is real, guys!

It will take a meteorite strike now to postpone this fight. Both guys made weight, from the looks of it. And both are probably sitting cooped up in hotel rooms for the next 32+ hours, so what is the worst that can happen?

I take Khabib. Wrestler vs striker, in MMA history, has tended to favor the grappling arts. Of course McGregor could land a shot, but if he wobbles Khabib does he stay patient or does he rush in, and Khabib manages to tie him up?

I think Khabib will be able to stay very patient on the outside, and should be able to get a hold of Conor at some point in the first 3 minutes, and take him down. Won't mean he will finish him if he only has two minutes to GnP, but does Conor save energy at that point, and risk getting pummeled, or does he fight for position (and play into Khabib's hands)?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2018, 03:44 AM
RE: Khabib vs Conor
i hope khabib wins

conor fleeced the public big time with that farcical fight with Mayweather
10-06-2018, 04:15 AM
This is not gonna play out like the Aldo/McGregor fight. He hasn't got in Khabib's head AT ALL, IMO. Khabib will fight calm, and calculated. Maybe he has something up his sleeves, some leg kicks or something, because it is not like he will be afraid of Conor taking him down.

The straight left is obviously the big weapon, so no real point to throw combos or slug it out. Maintain distance, lots of feints, commit to the take downs.
10-06-2018, 07:58 AM
After 25 years of evolution, the Striker vs Grappler face-off returns.
It's a fascinating matchup because each competitor will be 100% dominant in their realm.

My heart is with Conor but my head is with Khabib.
Don't underestimate how many openings Khabib leaves when he charges in.
He was exposed in his last fight and no one can reinvent their approach in 3 months.

Also, there is 0% chance McGregor will survive the heavy riding and GnP of Khabib.
Once he gets flattened, exhausted and can't stop the strikes, he will quit mentally.
10-06-2018, 07:59 AM
(10-06-2018 03:43 AM)Chaos Reigns Wrote:  I think Khabib will be able to stay very patient on the outside

That could also become a problem for Khabib:

“What was unique about fighting him, something I maybe haven’t felt before, was he has this calmness that kind of hypnotizes you into feeling calm, and safe,” former opponent, Eddie Alvarez, told ESPN.com. “So, rather than going in there and moving like I normally do, I feel his calmness made me feel like, ‘Oh, I’m not in danger. He feels fine, I feel safe.’ He does this good job of hypnotizing you into this relaxed state, and then striking quickly.”
10-06-2018, 08:28 AM
(10-06-2018 07:59 AM)kungfool Wrote:  
(10-06-2018 03:43 AM)Chaos Reigns Wrote:  I think Khabib will be able to stay very patient on the outside

That could also become a problem for Khabib:

“What was unique about fighting him, something I maybe haven’t felt before, was he has this calmness that kind of hypnotizes you into feeling calm, and safe,” former opponent, Eddie Alvarez, told ESPN.com. “So, rather than going in there and moving like I normally do, I feel his calmness made me feel like, ‘Oh, I’m not in danger. He feels fine, I feel safe.’ He does this good job of hypnotizing you into this relaxed state, and then striking quickly.”

Geez, that is an embarassing admission by a fighter if I have ever heard it. Tongue
10-06-2018, 12:17 PM
(10-06-2018 08:28 AM)Chaos Reigns Wrote:  Geez, that is an embarassing admission by a fighter if I have ever heard it. Tongue

It's so true though. Conor was like a serpent hypnotizing him. Eddie looked lost and just stood there after getting hit. Like he was 3 moves behind.

My buddies at the gym all thought the fight was worked. They were wrong. It was just hard to compehend how 1-sided it was.
10-06-2018, 12:19 PM
For the Record I am not betting $1 on this fight. I have no idea who is going to win.

What I am sure of, is that the only way Conor wins is by keeping the fight in the center of the octagon, where Khabib will have to expose himself over and over to close distance.
10-06-2018, 01:28 PM
(10-06-2018 07:58 AM)kungfool Wrote:  After 25 years of evolution, the Striker vs Grappler face-off returns.
It's a fascinating matchup because each competitor will be 100% dominant in their realm.

My heart is with Conor but my head is with Khabib.
Don't underestimate how many openings Khabib leaves when he charges in.
He was exposed in his last fight and no one can reinvent their approach in 3 months.

Also, there is 0% chance McGregor will survive the heavy riding and GnP of Khabib.
Once he gets flattened, exhausted and can't stop the strikes, he will quit mentally.

Cool post.

good analysis

Those who know, know! Big Grin
10-06-2018, 05:36 PM

10-07-2018, 01:22 AM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2018 01:24 AM by kungfool.)

10-07-2018, 05:40 AM
the question is, will the UFC really let Conor Lose? Is there another SuperStar which can carry the organization to capture general public sport-fan interest?

If the UFC thought Conor will lose would they have made this match?
10-07-2018, 08:36 AM
Khabib vs Conor
(10-07-2018 05:40 AM)karasu Wrote:  the question is, will the UFC really let Conor Lose? Is there another SuperStar which can carry the organization to capture general public sport-fan interest?

It would mean a hell of rematch with big money for all

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Ask for the blue pill. The rabbit hole isn't that nice
10-07-2018, 11:00 AM
logic deems that Khabib will win. BUT... connor needs one shot.
10-07-2018, 11:16 AM
(10-07-2018 05:40 AM)karasu Wrote:  the question is, will the UFC really let Conor Lose? Is there another SuperStar which can carry the organization to capture general public sport-fan interest?

They do seem to let Conor take extra punishment to mount a comeback, they do seem to stop some of his fights early.

Maybe Jon Jones can get wmg their 4 billion back sooner than later, which is may be why he is back so soon?

We also got company man Herb Dean reffing the fight.

I'm hoping Khabib wins but I'm usually wrong.

I also want to see the old show time Pettis show up. I like Tony as well and I wanna see a great fight there.

Stitches has K-1 Level Striking

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  UFC flyweight div scrapped; Conor blames ONE FC CTsar 8 260 11-10-2018 07:09 AM
Last Post: Chaos Reigns
  Khabib vs Conor with One FC or Rizin rules Dale Gribble 0 332 10-09-2018 06:37 PM
Last Post: Dale Gribble
  UFC 229 Press Conference: Khabib vs McGregor pilgrim 8 433 09-26-2018 03:54 AM
Last Post: Mad Mike
  Chicken labeled ‘Conor McGregor’ appears in Russian supermarket jho 3 543 07-18-2018 01:43 AM
Last Post: Glimmer