Login | Register

Elon Musk on Rogan Podcast
09-08-2018, 01:59 PM
Elon Musk on Rogan Podcast
This is why Rogan doesn't care about burning his conspiracy fans. He's now interviewing people like Musk.

I've never seen Musk talk before, his mannerisms and the way he interacts, are very unusual, he's obviously highly intelligent, he responds more like AI than a human.

I'm just trying to figure this shit out like you are.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2018, 02:08 PM
RE: Elon Musk on Rogan Podcast
He says that AI will quickly become out of human control and that it will out evolve us in a few short years.

He tried to warn people about the threat of AI and no one listened to him, now he says that it can't be stopped.

He also says that the best hope for the future of the human race is to merge with AI, and he's behind a big project to help enable this.

"If you can't beat it, then join it", he said.
09-08-2018, 02:09 PM
well MUSK is sort of REAL relative to other businessmen

he at least mixes things up a bit
09-08-2018, 02:10 PM
I couldn't watch it. Elon is incapable of forming sentences that are longer than 10 words, literally. Supposedly one of the brightest people alive. Autism is truly fascinating.
09-08-2018, 02:10 PM
his conspiracy fanbase is probably smaller than his regular fanbase at this point

but he made his name with conspiracies.. and this can be seen as selling out.

There is a balance.. he can cover both.. but I guess it's not prudent for him for a variety of reasons
09-08-2018, 02:11 PM
(09-08-2018 02:10 PM)CTsar Wrote:  I couldn't watch it. Elon is incapable of forming sentences that are longer than 10 words, literally. Supposedly one of the brightest people alive. Autism is truly fascinating.

haha

speaking skill isn't correlated with intelligence as much as people think

good speaking doesn't imply good DOING

Musk is a DOER

I also think he's nervous because he's in front of one of the smoothest talkers in recent history, JOE ROGAN

Those who know, know! Big Grin
09-08-2018, 02:16 PM
(09-08-2018 02:10 PM)CTsar Wrote:  I couldn't watch it. Elon is incapable of forming sentences that are longer than 10 words, literally. Supposedly one of the brightest people alive. Autism is truly fascinating.

He seems to be carefully choosing his words, and his mind is processing multiple different scenarios in response to whatever he says. Maybe it's autism or asbergers but he just seems like a very deep and abstract thinker to me.

He warned Obama and Congress, and he met with 50 Governors to warn them about AI, and nothing happened. So now he's like "fuck it, might as well try and make the best of it then.".

09-08-2018, 02:17 PM
the days of speaking smoothly and fooling people are over.

It's good that there are bad public speakers like MUSK doing big things.

I think MUSK and KANYE have the greatest potential out of the household names to TURN on their masters
09-08-2018, 02:19 PM
yeah he and Joe had very poor chemistry together. Joe's whole life is just speaking in front of cameras, on stage, at home doing his podcasts. Their minds are almost polar opposites.

Ali supposedly had an IQ of 81 but you can listen to his interviews for hours.

09-08-2018, 02:19 PM
He's wearing an Occupy T-shirt.
09-08-2018, 02:22 PM

09-08-2018, 02:22 PM
(09-08-2018 02:19 PM)CTsar Wrote:  yeah he and Joe had very poor chemistry together. Joe's whole life is just speaking in front of cameras, on stage, at home doing his podcasts. Their minds are almost polar opposites.

Ali supposedly had an IQ of 81 but you can listen to his interviews for hours.

IQ tests are inaccurate, and you can't tell if someone put effort into it

ALI was definitely intelligent, esp. high on verbal IQ

also ATHLETICISM itself is intelligence, people don't realize this

the body takes order from the mind and light speed .. making thousands of calculations a second.

So IQ test does not tell the whole story.

Kanye would probably not score high on a standard IQ test, but his musical intelligence is through the roof.

IQ as we know it is most predictive for engineering type of jobs.

Those who know, know! Big Grin
09-08-2018, 02:26 PM
IQ tests are based heavily on someone's mathematical skills and the ability to see patterns and solve puzzles.

I don't see how they can test someones ability to analyse a real world situation that involves human interaction and the communication of ideas.
09-08-2018, 02:43 PM
(09-08-2018 02:26 PM)Redneck Wrote:  IQ tests are based heavily on someone's mathematical skills and the ability to see patterns and solve puzzles.

it's interesting how that ability to see patterns sometimes doesn't translate well into picking up social cues, or detecting sarcasm and other aspects of human interaction.
09-08-2018, 02:52 PM
(09-08-2018 02:43 PM)CTsar Wrote:  
(09-08-2018 02:26 PM)Redneck Wrote:  IQ tests are based heavily on someone's mathematical skills and the ability to see patterns and solve puzzles.

it's interesting how that ability to see patterns sometimes doesn't translate well into picking up social cues, or detecting sarcasm and other aspects of human interaction.

Very few people seem to have strengths in both areas.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Joe Rogan opposes the VAX, H3 podcast idiots are pissed EVILYOSHIDA 3 177 02-15-2021 12:52 PM
Last Post: EVILYOSHIDA
  Elon Musk throws up Hand Sign in front of "seige of alamo" painting EVILYOSHIDA 2 142 02-05-2021 01:44 AM
Last Post: jho
  Elon Musk becoming richest man in the world destroys 2 of the biggest copes on planet DonJohnson 15 441 01-10-2021 06:46 AM
Last Post: DonJohnson
  A Podcast You Guys Might Like dustynothing 2 425 12-09-2020 03:06 AM
Last Post: EVILYOSHIDA