Login | Register

The Great Crypto Crash
08-15-2018, 05:39 AM
The Great Crypto Crash
Any one following devastation currently underway in crypto markets, specifically Ethereum, but also Bitcoin?

I think it is a harbinger of what is coming to stock markets in the next 6-8 weeks, but I suppose we will see.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-15-2018, 05:51 AM
RE: The Great Crypto Crash
there was a persian kid named SHAH on this forum that was bashing me non-stop when I told him Crypto wouldn't triple by Summer.

I have studied price action and markets for years and this guy is telling me how I'm dumb for not dumping all my cash into ETH and BTC
08-15-2018, 05:57 AM
people try to get money for nothing

BTC and ETH may survive but there are 100s if not more ICOs that are failing or have failed

huge crash grab

even Sensei Steven Siegel was involved with one
08-16-2018, 02:54 AM
Damn. I've lost some money. What is driving this?
08-16-2018, 02:57 AM
^ did you buy because of Shah's pumping?
08-16-2018, 03:05 AM
Well, cryptos are up today. For a long time I have said I think there is a future for cryptos, but who knows if it will be the cryptos that currently exist, or a new one that hasn't even been released to the public yet? Which would make sense, IMO, if you think back to the Internet boom years, where everything was going up wildly, but where is Geocities and Yahoo and AOL and Hotmail today (I know most got bought up and that Yahoo and AOL as companies are still big)?

Apparently ICOs trying to conserve capital is one of the driving factors. They raised Ethereum, but when the price started dropping they had to cash some or most of it out, because the USD value of their holdings was dropping by the minute.

And also, same as how people get in at the wrong time (at all time highs), people sell at the wrong time (when there is panic selling). As the saying goes, though, he who panics first, panics best! So if you panicked when Bitcoin hit $18000, after hitting $19.x00 you did real well!
08-16-2018, 03:09 AM
this whole thing is a test run and acclimation period for the digital currency that will record everything you do

cold hard cash is the only real crypto

the ledger is there for them to trace everything. When this thing gets legitimized, people will truly be controlled in terms of all types of compliance issues.

every transaction you make will be put into your file.. to be recalled later.

This is a test run, yet libertarian whackos are calling this some anti-establishment shit

same thing people said about the internet.. IT WILL FREE US! INFORMATION WILL MAKE US FREE

nope you dipshits.... there has never been a time when we are more controlled and more watched. Only the net could make this possible.

their strategy is to ALWAYS make it seem free and anarchic in the beginning to build momentum and "COOLNESS"

but then they will pull the rug when they have stability.
08-16-2018, 03:31 AM
this crap is simply a UN test run

there is no SATOSHI NAKAMOTO

it's all BS

it's a conglomerate of programmers backed by the UN or UN-like groups to create a one world digital currency

they are testing the ins and out of this thing.. and just getting people used to the idea

they'll turn a blind eye to certain things for now to ensure MASS ADOPTION

then when it hits critical mass.. you will see how CRYPTO CURRENCY will be a critical component of the 5G beast system

I'm just glad that for at least 1/3 to half my life, I knew a life without internet. it will be the years I cherish the most

payphones... 25 cents
08-16-2018, 03:48 AM
(08-16-2018 03:31 AM)pug-thug Wrote:  this crap is simply a UN test run

there is no SATOSHI NAKAMOTO

it's all BS

it's a conglomerate of programmers backed by the UN or UN-like groups to create a one world digital currency

they are testing the ins and out of this thing.. and just getting people used to the idea

they'll turn a blind eye to certain things for now to ensure MASS ADOPTION

then when it hits critical mass.. you will see how CRYPTO CURRENCY will be a critical component of the 5G beast system

I'm just glad that for at least 1/3 to half my life, I knew a life without internet. it will be the years I cherish the most

payphones... 25 cents

There definitely are some interesting theories out there. That an AI was involved in programming Bitcoin, for example. This goes hand in hand with the idea that the blockchain serves as neurons for a computer brain.

I also think that the price run up (last year in particular, from about June to December) was designed and implemented by computer algorithms, for maximum human interest (the parabolic spike from October through the end of November?).

This was when all the cryptokiddies started talking about how soon they would all be driving Lambos, and to HODL! And as soon as HODL became a meme, I knew these kids were being primed to get fleeced!

[Image: chart.png?width=940&m=bitstampUS...0&]
08-16-2018, 03:50 AM
https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=hodl&geo=US

I mean, just look at that! HODL was at its most trendy right when it was the best time to sell!
08-16-2018, 03:57 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2018 03:57 AM by kungfool.)
(08-16-2018 02:57 AM)pug-thug Wrote:  ^ did you buy because of Shah's pumping?

It wasn't just Shah. It was obvious he had his expectations a little too high when he started talking about becoming a billionaire. I had another friend who made $30k. Guys at the gym we're making money too.

I didn't invest more than would hurt to lose, and am using the account to donate / support to certain content creators and causes.
08-16-2018, 04:00 AM
(08-16-2018 03:57 AM)kungfool Wrote:  
(08-16-2018 02:57 AM)pug-thug Wrote:  ^ did you buy because of Shah's pumping?

It wasn't just Shah. It was obvious he had his expectations a little too high when he started talking about becoming a billionaire. I had another friend who made $30k. Guys at the gym we're making money too.

I didn't invest more than would hurt to lose, and am using the account to donate / support to certain content creators and causes.

The only people actually making money are traders. Buying and selling upwards of 100 times a day, in my estimation. And there is always someone with a little help, some inside knowledge, friends with a whale or ten, faster internet connection, algorithms doing the trading for them, etc.

I have heard LOTS of stories of these guys waking up with sweats in the middle of the night, to check the price.
08-16-2018, 04:08 AM
yeah also very few people actually made HUGE money

even if you bought at like 30 bucks.. you really think someone would keep it until 18,000?

a lot of people prob saw it going from 30 to 1000 and cashed out

and even then, it prob wasn't big sums of initial investment
08-16-2018, 04:14 AM
More shocking than the price is the change in market capital.

BTC had like $440 BN invested at one point. Now it's barely over $100 BN.

Since BTC is the leader, it's very doubtful that much of that money was put back into other Cryptos.
So overall, that's A LOT of money pulled out of the Crypto Market this year.
08-16-2018, 04:17 AM
it is building a strong base in the 6000-7000 region, AS I PREDICTED

almost every prediction I made on that bitcoin thread materialized

i said it was going to keep building a base in this range.

but now we are seeing a DESCENDING TRIANGLE FORMATION.. which usually leads to a continuation breakout.. meaning big moves down

[Image: desctri-conti-dd.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The great american prison chain gang, inhumane pug-thug 44 956 10-27-2018 02:53 PM
Last Post: pug-thug
  Strange limo crash kills 20. Owner was FBI informant involved in fake terror plots pug-thug 72 1,614 10-27-2018 08:36 AM
Last Post: pug-thug
  It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown karasu 0 250 10-19-2018 11:48 AM
Last Post: karasu
  What Made Bruce Lee GREAT.....the 'CoolFactor'??? karasu 122 19,784 08-31-2018 03:40 AM
Last Post: karasu