Login | Register

Is Trump a WAR PROFITEER?
07-13-2018, 01:17 AM
Is Trump a WAR PROFITEER?
The article headline made me laugh but then I read the details and Trump is really pushing the military spending/build-up and so I am curious if there is some ulterior motive of PROFIT?

Is there some financial interest behind his promotion of defense spending?

"NATO goes to emergency session after Trump reportedly gets undiplomatic with Merkel

NATO leaders entered a special emergency session on Thursday after President Donald Trump was said to have spoken very bluntly about his demands that the countries spend more on defense.

During the summit, Trump broke diplomatic protocol by calling German Chancellor Angela Merkel by her first name, saying, "Angela, you need to do something about this," a source told Reuters.

"The language was much tougher today," a source told Reuters. "His harshest words were directed at Germany, including by calling her Angela — 'You, Angela.'"-----

http://www.businessinsider.com/nato-goes...ela-2018-7
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2018, 01:20 AM
RE: Is Trump a WAR PROFITEER?
I have no reason to believe that he is. I just think that he sees a strong military as the best defense for the nation. He's more old school and thinks differently than say Barack Obama who seemed to despise the military.
07-13-2018, 03:23 AM
(07-13-2018 01:20 AM)pilgrim Wrote:  He's more old school and thinks differently than say Barack Obama who seemed to despise the military.

Weak men despise the military.

Myself, I never joined, and TBH probably would have been afraid to at 18. Now, with a little more wisdom, I see how important a national defense is to the confidence and self-determination of a nation, and see how trans-formative military service can be on peoples lives; especially damaged people or people raised in broken, dysfunctional households.

If the military spent 80% of its effort guarding the border, as they do in small nations like S.Korea or Hungary, I'd be its biggest cheer-leader.
07-13-2018, 07:21 AM
Good post, KF.
07-13-2018, 08:45 AM
Only thing America still manufactures (well, until the tariffs came into effect, they will bring other manufacturing back) is weapons.

So it makes sense to pressure other countries to spend on 'defense'. It means they have to buy from either America, or Russia, and Europe has made a big spiel about how bad Russia is (muh human rights violations, muh LGBT). So he is basically promoting American exports.

But the MIC is also THE biggest special interest group. I know EY will be looking at the shareholders and executives of the big MIC companies, but I think the real story is in who is lending them money! Big Grin
07-13-2018, 11:46 AM
(07-13-2018 03:23 AM)kungfool Wrote:  
(07-13-2018 01:20 AM)pilgrim Wrote:  He's more old school and thinks differently than say Barack Obama who seemed to despise the military.

Weak men despise the military.

Myself, I never joined, and TBH probably would have been afraid to at 18. Now, with a little more wisdom, I see how important a national defense is to the confidence and self-determination of a nation, and see how trans-formative military service can be on peoples lives; especially damaged people or people raised in broken, dysfunctional households.

If the military spent 80% of its effort guarding the border, as they do in small nations like S.Korea or Hungary, I'd be its biggest cheer-leader.

I will offer a "other-side-of-the-coin" counter-perspective:

weak men-----ChickenHawks

trans-formative------homeless veterans/high-rate-of-suicide/ptsd/Pat Tillman

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Haaretz: A Successful Trump-Kim Summit Could Be the Prelude to War With Iran pug-thug 0 208 06-12-2018 04:00 PM
Last Post: pug-thug
  Trump’s New Security Adviser McMaster Led Secret Study About a New War with Russia jho 4 836 02-24-2017 05:50 PM
Last Post: jho
  JFK Dangerous? Trump At War On Twitter With CIA Chief: "Was He Leaker Of Fake News?" Dagwood 8 1,320 01-17-2017 02:29 PM
Last Post: BRIC Countries
  E. Michael Jones on Neocons, CIA, Cold War and the Catholic Church + TRUMP NEW pug-thug 15 5,506 12-28-2016 06:22 PM
Last Post: pug-thug