Login | Register

Mike Tyson vs Steven Seagal. 2017 Movie
05-23-2018, 09:55 PM
Mike Tyson vs Steven Seagal. 2017 Movie
The Movie is called 'China Salesman'.

I'm just trying to figure this shit out like you are.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-23-2018, 10:02 PM
RE: Mike Tyson vs Steven Seagal. 2017 Movie
(05-23-2018 09:55 PM)Redneck Wrote:  The Movie is called 'China Salesman'.

Nice clip man. Tyson can't act but he does have real screen appearance. I think because you know he's legit and can bite your head off that you keep watching him. I really thought Seagal would win this, how nice Lol! To bad it isn't on netflix though

Ask for the blue pill. The rabbit hole isn't that nice
05-24-2018, 02:47 AM
That is entertaining. And finally someone using boxing skills in a beat em up movie.
05-24-2018, 03:35 AM
(05-24-2018 02:47 AM)CTsar Wrote:  That is entertaining. And finally someone using boxing skills in a beat em up movie.

To each their own. I prefer Seagal invincible slap-fighting buffoonery.
05-24-2018, 04:17 AM
most people are unable to appreciate the ART in martial ART until they are of an age to understand its value

Seagal Sensei has impressively graceful and elegant movement for a man of his imposing stature which is a result of martial ART mastery
05-24-2018, 04:32 AM
the stuff that was taken for granted by mid 90s looks so cool now. this scene was a million times more entertaining than cartoon Hulk jumping into the Stratosphere.
05-24-2018, 11:53 AM
Lol, did Iron Mike flex his way through hits to the back of the head?

For unrealistic, senseless combat I really liked the John Wick series.

05-24-2018, 05:26 PM
good boxing choreography shitty dialogue. would watch
05-25-2018, 07:21 AM
(05-24-2018 03:35 AM)kungfool Wrote:  
(05-24-2018 02:47 AM)CTsar Wrote:  That is entertaining. And finally someone using boxing skills in a beat em up movie.

To each their own. I prefer Seagal invincible slap-fighting buffoonery.

That was great when he slapped Mike's ear. Seagal is the Jerry Lewis of action stars.

“Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.”
― Confucius
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-26-2018, 01:43 AM
much is made of how the Oriental Arts are designed so a small man can fell a big man.....but I think Aikido is a great Big Man's Art which he can smartly use his size to his advantage like how I can imagine it's origins going back to some large Samurai warrior applying this strategy.

It is not an art like boxing which requires more endurance and athletic capability. If you watch Seagal, the goal is to confidently move in with good timing/distance judgment, get your hands on the opponent, and then use size to violently defeat him.....intelligently beautiful, very impressive.

Of course there is the "small man's" manipulation of leverage but if you combine that with size/weight against then it is a fantastic formula for a Plus Size Fellow.
05-28-2018, 04:38 PM
(05-26-2018 01:43 AM)karasu Wrote:  much is made of how the Oriental Arts are designed so a small man can fell a big man.....but I think Aikido is a great Big Man's Art which he can smartly use his size to his advantage like how I can imagine it's origins going back to some large Samurai warrior applying this strategy.

It is not an art like boxing which requires more endurance and athletic capability. If you watch Seagal, the goal is to confidently move in with good timing/distance judgment, get your hands on the opponent, and then use size to violently defeat him.....intelligently beautiful, very impressive.

Of course there is the "small man's" manipulation of leverage but if you combine that with size/weight against then it is a fantastic formula for a Plus Size Fellow.

Interesting interpretation. People often say "Oh but it works for Bouncers, Cops, or against untrained people."

Yeah it's a set of hands-off control techniques that only work when you completely outmatch your opponent.
05-29-2018, 01:02 AM
(05-28-2018 04:38 PM)kungfool Wrote:  
(05-26-2018 01:43 AM)karasu Wrote:  much is made of how the Oriental Arts are designed so a small man can fell a big man.....but I think Aikido is a great Big Man's Art which he can smartly use his size to his advantage like how I can imagine it's origins going back to some large Samurai warrior applying this strategy.

Interesting interpretation. People often say "Oh but it works for Bouncers, Cops, or against untrained people."

Yeah it's a set of hands-off control techniques that only work when you completely outmatch your opponent.

I always thought the idea of the "untrained" menace was absurd! Many of the "fighters" I knew were wrestler/boxer types.

As for the effectiveness of Aikido, it is an art which requires a true lighter's nature(not a "I need 3 month's prep-time sport fighter) for it to work as a "fighting art".......but as a self-defense art, a surprise Aikido defense could be enough to cooly extricate oneself from some unwanted aggression and of course the tumbling skills of Aikido are Top Notch defense against the daily threat of taking an unwelcome tumble at some inconvenient moment......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Iron Mike Zambidis Just Be Small! karasu 22 501 10-01-2019 09:33 AM
Last Post: karasu
  JRE - Teddy Atlas on Mike Tyson CTsar 0 653 09-28-2018 04:32 AM
Last Post: CTsar
  Mike Tyson vs Donnie Yeng - Ip Man 3 Redneck 17 9,984 04-12-2018 07:52 PM
Last Post: Redneck
  Rizin 2017 GP Redneck 15 2,526 01-02-2018 05:23 AM
Last Post: kungfool