Login | Register

China to Ban People With Bad ‘Social Credit’ From Flights and Trains
03-24-2018, 01:04 AM
China to Ban People With Bad ‘Social Credit’ From Flights and Trains
China’s “social credit” system, which the government has said it is planning to implement sometime in 2020, is already slowly taking shape.

The National Development and Reform Commission reportedly announced via its website that beginning in May, individuals deemed to have committed serious acts of “dishonor” will no longer be allowed to travel on trains or flights for up to one year.

According to Reuters, a total of eight ministries signed the memo, including the country’s aviation regulator and the Supreme People’s Court.

Based on the announcement, infractions such as using expired tickets or not paying social insurance will warrant temporary bans on travel via airplane or train. Refusing to pay a debt or spreading false information about terrorism can also result in being one of the “discredited” members of society.

President’s Xi Jinping’s social credit system, which has drawn a comparison to the terrifying “Black Mirror” episode “Nosedive” about a dystopian future, is intended to penalize citizens who commit a variety of violations. Unlike the popular episode, however, it is the government which determines a person’s rating, instead of one’s social circle.

The policy has been explained to be based on the principle of “once untrustworthy, always restricted” as noted in one of its notices. Its system involves government bodies being able to share information on its citizens’ trustworthiness score and having the authority to issue what they may deem to be “appropriate” penalties.

This is made possible by the government’s highly centralized database of its citizens who are required to use their personal ID card number for tasks, such as booking a flight or even signing up for a social media account.

https://nextshark.com/china-ban-people-b...ains-2020/

Those who know, know! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2018, 02:56 AM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2018 02:56 AM by kungfool.)
RE: China to Ban People With Bad ‘Social Credit’ From Flights and Trains
Are you sure this is legit? The website looks SUPER click-baitey.
03-24-2018, 02:57 AM
nextshark is actually a pretty good site.

it looks like a clickbait site but they collate some of the most interesting stories coming out of asia

the thing about the social credit is true though
03-24-2018, 03:05 AM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2018 03:06 AM by kungfool.)
The #2 article on NetShark:

Quote:Don’t Suspend Doctors for Fighting White Supremacy

[Image: Eugene-Gu-MD-768x406.png]

A few months later I was racially and physically assaulted in the hospital’s parking garage. Nothing made me feel more horrified and humiliated than hearing my attacker say, “Hey chinaman, you can’t fucking drive.” My assailant then choked me using my own medical identification lanyard hanging around my neck. After I broke free, he stalked me to the main hospital entrance and up nine flights of stairs, where he stole my patient lists. As an Asian American physician in the Deep South, this scenario had been a nightmare in the back of my mind. But now it was real, and it turned my whole world upside-down.

The trauma of that incident still haunts me. As the months passed, I decided that I wanted to take back what was so savagely torn from me — my personal dignity. So when I saw NFL players like Colin Kaepernick and Michael Bennett taking a knee on the football field to fight racial injustice, I knew what I had to do.

Dressed in the same white coat and scrubs as I was the day I was attacked, I took a knee in the same hallway where my assailant once stole my patient lists. As an Asian American doctor, I was confronting White supremacy — not just for myself, but for all victims of racial violence. I posted a photo of this on Twitter, which unexpectedly went viral.

https://nextshark.com/dr-eugene-gu-vande...r-suspend/
03-25-2018, 11:31 PM
(03-24-2018 03:05 AM)kungfool Wrote:  The #2 article on NetShark:

A few months later I was racially and physically assaulted in the hospital’s parking garage. Nothing made me feel more horrified and humiliated than hearing my attacker say, “Hey chinaman, you can’t fucking drive.” My assailant then choked me using my own medical identification lanyard hanging around my neck. After I broke free, he stalked me to the main hospital entrance and up nine flights of stairs, where he stole my patient lists. As an Asian American physician in the Deep South, this scenario had been a nightmare in the back of my mind. But now it was real, and it turned my whole world upside-down.

The trauma of that incident still haunts me. As the months passed, I decided that I wanted to take back what was so savagely torn from me — my personal dignity. So when I saw NFL players like Colin Kaepernick and Michael Bennett taking a knee on the football field to fight racial injustice, I knew what I had to do.

Dressed in the same white coat and scrubs as I was the day I was attacked, I took a knee in the same hallway where my assailant once stole my patient lists. As an Asian American doctor, I was confronting White supremacy — not just for myself, but for all victims of racial violence. I posted a photo of this on Twitter, which unexpectedly went viral.

Lol poor dopey EY
03-26-2018, 01:27 AM
Now thats creative writing. guy finds a couple random pics on instagram and creates a virtue signaling parable around them.
03-26-2018, 04:26 AM
Uh oh... They've got a story about John Searle groping an Asian-American Research Assistant.
03-26-2018, 09:10 AM
(03-25-2018 11:31 PM)Shahanshah Wrote:  
(03-24-2018 03:05 AM)kungfool Wrote:  The #2 article on NetShark:

Lol poor dopey EY

how do you know this is fake dipshit?

prob just another deluded sjw, but nextshark IS NOT a fake news site. its inforainment with some good scoops

03-26-2018, 10:27 AM
The china social credit story is a re-post from Reuters, so most likely it's true.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china...SKCN1GS10S
03-26-2018, 01:12 PM
nextshark IS NOT some fake news site.

sensational yes, but most of the stories are REAL

they post zany stories from all over asia

the SJW doctor may be a real story, or if the doctor made it up next shark was just reporting on it
03-26-2018, 01:24 PM
(03-26-2018 10:27 AM)CTsar Wrote:  The china social credit story is a re-post from Reuters, so most likely it's true.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china...SKCN1GS10S

yep. SESAME credit is a real thing. everyone knows about it yet SHAH is acting like I'm spreading fake news. LMFAO

same dude that said bitcoin or bitcoin derivatives would triple by the end of february. LMFAO.

03-26-2018, 03:58 PM
I didn't think that story was fake, but when I clicked the site I saw articles like "How this Asian-American 18 year-old turned $10,000, in to $4.3 BN!!!"
03-28-2018, 12:28 AM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2018 12:43 AM by Glimmer.)
(03-24-2018 01:04 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  China’s “social credit” system, which the government has said it is planning to implement sometime in 2020, is already slowly taking shape.

The National Development and Reform Commission reportedly announced via its website that beginning in May, individuals deemed to have committed serious acts of “dishonor” will no longer be allowed to travel on trains or flights for up to one year.

According to Reuters, a total of eight ministries signed the memo, including the country’s aviation regulator and the Supreme People’s Court.

Based on the announcement, infractions such as using expired tickets or not paying social insurance will warrant temporary bans on travel via airplane or train. Refusing to pay a debt or spreading false information about terrorism can also result in being one of the “discredited” members of society.

President’s Xi Jinping’s social credit system, which has drawn a comparison to the terrifying “Black Mirror” episode “Nosedive” about a dystopian future, is intended to penalize citizens who commit a variety of violations. Unlike the popular episode, however, it is the government which determines a person’s rating, instead of one’s social circle.

The policy has been explained to be based on the principle of “once untrustworthy, always restricted” as noted in one of its notices. Its system involves government bodies being able to share information on its citizens’ trustworthiness score and having the authority to issue what they may deem to be “appropriate” penalties.

This is made possible by the government’s highly centralized database of its citizens who are required to use their personal ID card number for tasks, such as booking a flight or even signing up for a social media account.

https://nextshark.com/china-ban-people-b...ains-2020/

I wrote about this system sometime ago.. Then it was still more a thing of speculation. Given that the min. pres. Xi Jinping has given himself unprecedented power with the latest change in constitution and is set to rule his country for life. This system creates a very dangerous precedent for the rest of the world. Nothing will escape the allseeing eyes and ears of the state

Mark my words, the EU and US are watching closely as China is testing the waters..

Ask for the blue pill. The rabbit hole isn't that nice
03-28-2018, 12:54 AM
China is going overt with the 5G beast system.

US and western countries are more covert.

I am very surprised though because up until a few years ago I have always claimed China as being more free on a day to day level than the US.

the thing is Chinese have no expectation of privacy though.
03-28-2018, 01:50 AM
FORTUNE MAG:

Quote:The Chinese government publicized its plans to create a social credit system in 2014. There has been speculation that the government’s system is entwined with China’s private credit scoring systems, such as the Alibaba-affiliated Zhima Credit, which tracks users of the AliPay smartphone payment system. It evaluates not only individuals’ financial history (which has proven problematic enough in the U.S.), but consumption patterns, education, and even social connections.

A Wired report last year found that a user with a low Zhima Credit score had to pay more to rent a bicycle, hotel room, or even an umbrella. Zhima Credit denies any government relationships, saying the system “does not share user scores or underlying data with any third party, including the government, without the user’s prior consent.”

But its CEO has said, in an eerie prefiguring of the new travel restrictions, that its system “will ensure that the bad people in society don’t have a place to go, while good people can move freely and without obstruction.” An Ant Financial spokesperson described that statement as referring to “the common good that a high trust-based society can bring in a generic sense. This is a widely used phrase in Chinese culture.”

Though the travel restriction policy has only now become public, Reuters says it may have come into effect earlier — in a press conference last year, an official said 6.15 million Chinese citizens had already been blocked from air travel for social misdeeds.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  more bad PR from China.. using live pigs as crash test dummies pug-thug 8 187 11-11-2019 01:15 AM
Last Post: Coffee Guy
  Andrew Yang attacks the NWO fear culture, pushes to ban school shooting drills! pug-thug 3 87 11-05-2019 02:47 PM
Last Post: pug-thug
  Twitter to ban all political advertising pilgrim 1 55 10-31-2019 09:49 AM
Last Post: pug-thug
  Intriguing Social Study/Commentary of KKKW karasu 15 247 10-29-2019 01:21 AM
Last Post: karasu