Login | Register

Glory 49 - Rotterdam - GLORY heavyweight championship bout Rico vs Jamal
12-11-2017, 10:31 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2017 10:32 PM by Glimmer.)
One of the greatest kickboxers of all time kept things rolling earlier tonight (Sat., Dec. 9, 2017) at GLORY 49: Redemption from inside Ahoy Rotterdam Arena in Rotterdam, Netherlands.

Rico Verhoeven - Jamal Ben Saddik

Before the fight there was a incident at the weigh in with Jamal, things got heated and Jamal spit Rico in the face. This landed badly in the fight community but did raise the expectations of the fight!

Weigh in spit incident

Results:

Heavyweight champion Rico Verhoeven put a brutal end to Jamal Ben Saddik via fifth-round knockout.

While Saddik, who previously defeated Verhoeven back in 2011, put early pressure on the heavyweight king, Verhoeven ultimately regained momentum in the later half of the main event bout and piled the punches on in the fifth and final frame. Saddik tried to stomach the damage along the ropes, but Verhoeven’s pressure was not to be denied.

With this performance, Verhoeven not only retains his GLORY heavyweight championship but avenges his previous loss to Saddik. Verhoeven has now won nine fights in a row (a career best) and has finished six of those victories by way of knockout or TKO. Needless to say, Verhoeven should continue his legendary reign atop the GLORY heavyweight ladder come 2018.

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives . . . by maniacs for maniacal purposes"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2017, 02:38 AM
RE: Glory 49 - Rotterdam - GLORY heavyweight championship bout Rico vs Jamal
I watched this streaming on Saturday, then the shitty UFC Fight Night afterwards.

The main event was brutal. Both fighters took a lot of damage.
12-12-2017, 05:59 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2017 07:43 PM by Glimmer.)
(12-12-2017 02:38 AM)kungfool Wrote:  I watched this streaming on Saturday, then the shitty UFC Fight Night afterwards.

The main event was brutal. Both fighters took a lot of damage.

Yes, did all what was expected! Rico proved himself a true champion after he got rocked in the first round and Sadik is one to not under estimate.

Although you could speak of a mismatch, the Thai Petchpanomrung Kiatmookao showed again why Thais must be feared in the ring

He did excellent in establishing his left Kick and set a trap for Zakaria ending him with a left high kick from hell..

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives . . . by maniacs for maniacal purposes"
12-12-2017, 06:23 AM
RE: Glory 49 - Rotterdam - GLORY heavyweight championship bout Rico vs Jamal
I had never heard of him until Saturday. Last night I watched some of his old fights. He really got pwn3d by Schemmy Schiltz in his early days.

I also realize I am a terrible judge of Kickboxing talent. Watching Schiltz in MMA, I thought his striking was really unspectacular.
12-12-2017, 06:58 AM
(12-12-2017 06:23 AM)kungfool Wrote:  I had never heard of him until Saturday. Last night I watched some of his old fights. He really got pwn3d by Schemmy Schiltz in his early days.

I also realize I am a terrible judge of Kickboxing talent. Watching Schiltz in MMA, I thought his striking was really unspectacular.

I grew up with Semmy back in the days, then he whas a Kyokoshinkai Karateka soon becoming european champion. Very nice softharted guy but intimidating height and strong built.

Then and now his fighting style isn’t very nice to watch, slow, crafted, calculated but very effective and powerfull as 5 times K1 champion.

As for Rico, excellent fighter. Grew a lot over the years, is still young.. But i don’t think he would have Made it against guys like Hunt, Le Banner, Ignashov, Aerts, Hoost etc in their primes. Glory is a shadow of the K1 prime days.

Will see how he hangs when Badr Hari or Tyrone Spong steps up next year. Until then there is no real danger for him in the heavy weights

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The best Heavyweight that never was Sylvester Terkay Todd Atkins MMA Show 0 517 06-05-2021 02:46 PM
Last Post: Todd Atkins MMA Show
  Pride Resurrection #27 - Pride FC 23 "Championship Chaos 2!" Review Skookum Charlie 8 1,527 04-17-2020 11:58 PM
Last Post: EVILYOSHIDA
Video Bigfoot vs Gonzaga : Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship CTsar 5 1,330 03-16-2020 11:28 AM
Last Post: Beefsteak Charlie
  Crazy Horse Bennett joins Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship Redneck 3 1,376 07-02-2019 03:28 AM
Last Post: Chaos Reigns