Login | Register

Some history and breakdown of traditional Muay Thai
11-16-2017, 10:58 PM
On request i collected some interesting Muay thai vids wich shows Muay Tha as whole and in the form of Martial Art instead of competing sport. The traditional Muay Thai is called Muay boran and was originally developed for self-defense and also taught to the Thai military for use in warfare. Muay Boran originally is a martial art system which also has deadly techniques, grappling techniques and ground fighting techniques apart from its stand up techniques and is different from the modern day Muay Thai which is stand up only ring sport.

Here is some display of the techniques used in Muay Boran

Muay Boran fights are still going in Thailand and even the biggest stars like Saenchai (multiple weightclass world champion and legend) compete in them. For Western boxers (called Nak Muay Farang) it's about as good as it gets to compete in these brutal fights

Saenchai PK VS Morgan Adrar, (70kg)

Here's a breakdown of Saenchai, the guy is a legend in Thai boxing

Another Muay Boran (or Burmese) boxing fight

Buakaw Bamchamek vs Enriko Kehl

This is just a excellent fight to watch on full Muay Thai rules with knees and elbows where both fighters are really going for it. Needles to say Buakaw is the uncrowned king of Muay thai and Enriko is definetly no pancake

Some background info on the history of Muay Thai
Quote:In the late eighteenth century, during one of the many wars between the Kingdom of Burma and the Siamese kingdom of Ayutthaya (in modern-day Thailand), a famed Thai boxer named Nai Khanomtom and several of his comrades were captured and held in Burma. After seven years of captivity, the Burmese king organized a festival. He wanted to see his Burmese boxers fared against the Thai boxers. Nai Khanomtom was chosen to represent the Thais against the Burmese champion. As is custom, Khanomtom opened the fight with his Wai Kru dance—this mystified the Burmese, who had never seen one before. He then brutally knocked out the Burmese champion. The Burmese thought the Wai Kru was some sort of black magic which had aided him, and the king ordered that he face more Burmese boxers. Man after man fell. The tenth Burmese boxer to face Khanomtom was a champion, but was mangled by Khanomtom's kicks and was knocked out just as the previous nine had been. After seeing this, no Burmese fighter dared step into the ring with him. The Burmese king was impressed with Nai Khanomtom, and is believed to have said, "Every part of the Siamese is blessed with venom. Even with his bare hands, he can fell nine or ten opponents. But his Lord was incompetent and lost the country to the enemy. If he had been any good, there was no way the City of Ayutthaya would ever have fallen." The Burmese king granted Nai Khanomtom his freedom along and his triumph is celebrated every year on March 17 in Thailand as National Muay Thai Day. However, the martial art that Khanomtom used was not called Muay Boran. There are several old styles that were developed in various regions of Thailand that are now lumped into the term Muay Boran (literally "Ancient Boxing"), such as Muay Chaiya, Muay Thasao, Muay Lopburi, and Muay Korat. But regardless on which regional variant it was, both have been driven to near-extinction due to the popularity of the stand up only ring sport we now know as Muay Thai (or, "Thai Boxing").

Ask for the blue pill. The rabbit hole isn't that nice
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-2017, 11:13 PM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2017 11:14 PM by Glimmer.)
RE: Some history and breakdown of traditional Muay Thai
Some insights how Muay Thai works and how a legend like Saenchai crafted and perfected his techniques

Southpaw Breakdown: Saenchai - The Technical Genius

Saenchai's Epic Flying Scissor-Kick Knockout

11-17-2017, 08:18 PM
Checkout the weigth difference

11-18-2017, 09:08 AM
Saenchai vs. Tenshin.

MAKE IT HAPPEN
11-18-2017, 09:24 PM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2017 02:31 AM by Glimmer.)
(11-18-2017 09:08 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  Saenchai vs. Tenshin.

MAKE IT HAPPEN

The kid is a beast. Great timing and power delivery. Has to put on a little weight in te coming years i think to compete in a challenging poule of fighters but is definetly talented.

In this form against Saenchai he wouldn’t stand a chance. To light, to little experience, to little power. Give him a few years, kilo’s and fights and he could be the next champ to beat at 65kg

Saenchai fought a really talented fighter Eddy Nait Slimani at Glory 31. The guy got played like an amateur

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

11-19-2017, 07:29 AM
yeah but he beat the current Lumpinee champ already, but at a lower weight class

it seems he got a bit taller I estimate he's around 5 foot 6-7 now
11-20-2017, 05:13 AM
(11-19-2017 07:29 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  yeah but he beat the current Lumpinee champ already, but at a lower weight class

Didn’t know that. Gonna look up that fight for sure! I am curious how he holds himself

11-20-2017, 05:15 AM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2017 08:46 PM by Glimmer.)
This is called Lethwei or burmese boxing where headbuts are also allowed

Umar semata vs Soe lin

12-30-2017, 01:53 AM
Advanced Attacks in Muay Thai

Here are some of the techniques and other explained by the trainers of Tiger Muay Thai and MMA Training Camp in Phuket, Thailand.

They also give a great insight in the kinetics used in Muay Thai used to create power, speed and agility

01-03-2018, 12:42 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2018 12:44 AM by Glimmer.)
(11-19-2017 07:29 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  yeah but he beat the current Lumpinee champ already, but at a lower weight class

So Tenshin was on fire again..

Tenshin Nasukawa vs. Yamato Fujita Rizin 2017-2018 New Year

Tenshin looks like a new breed of fighters. A different type of training.. He is clearly well trained in multiple styles with Karate as his baseground seeing how easy he kicks and effective they are. But also easily bobbing and weaving like a boxer inlcuding his judgement of timing and distance. Above that, his Muay Thai game is very much on spot and a second nature seeing him make good use of hip rotation, knees and balance. Karateka's tend to keep a more rigid style once they are schooled in that form. Tenshin doesn't.. Also he has an excellen fight rythm that is way above what a 19 yo should have..

I believe this is the match you reffered to right?

Found another one fighting a thai an finishing him of with a liver shot.. You where right EY, this kid is real

What a beautiful finish on a seasoned fighter like that.. impressive

Can't wait to see him up against the big household names in Muay Thai and Glory

You wouldn't give him an inch if you look at that pic
[Image: Tenshin-Nasukawa.jpg]

Textbook Muay thai technique.. very impressive
[Image: Tenshin-Nasukawa.jpg]

And this is just f*cking awesome.. in the middle of a fight haha.. He is sure about himself
[Image: C12GB1jUUAAKAhy.jpg]

01-03-2018, 04:54 PM
tenshin is the truth. best standup fighter alive imo
01-03-2018, 06:14 PM
glad u found out about him
01-04-2018, 10:24 PM
(01-03-2018 04:54 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  tenshin is the truth. best standup fighter alive imo

Wouldn't call him the best yet, but he definetly has potential to become indeed. I would like to see what he will do as he is up to a Robin van Roosmalen, Sittichai, Georgio Petroysian or Saenchai for that matter.

The current best in the game in my opinion

I'l keep my eye on him, hoping to see him sign at Kunlun or Glory

01-05-2018, 01:44 PM
i have not seen this kind of KO power for his size. True one shot KO power at around 130 lbs. i think that's pretty amazing

his MMA needs TONS OF WORK though.
01-05-2018, 01:48 PM
he might not be the best under full thai rules with extensive clinching i think that's a diff. game then K1 rules.

under k1 type rules I think he is the best p4p

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  This is supposed to be the hardest puncher in boxing history. Redneck 4 444 03-02-2019 03:03 PM
Last Post: karasu
  sneaky thai fighting pug-thug 2 704 09-26-2018 08:18 PM
Last Post: pug-thug
  Latest Tenshin fight against Muay Thai fighter pug-thug 4 1,018 06-25-2018 03:08 PM
Last Post: pug-thug
  The Dutch Muay Thai Style Glimmer 3 1,127 05-18-2018 09:26 PM
Last Post: Glimmer