Login | Register

Cinema | Series | Documentary | tips & discussion thread
09-18-2017, 09:51 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2017 10:21 PM by Glimmer.)
Cinema | Series | Documentary | tips & discussion thread
I was reading EY post about hollywood crashing and producing bad movies and thought about the good and interesting movies i have seen in all my years. I came to this Top 5 and not in particular order.

1. J.F.K.
Very interesting movie. I think it sheds some light on how secret services would work and i know Oliver Stone doesn't take the shadow world lightly. Must See

2. The Matrix
Blown away in the theatre and still love it. Holds so much truth about our current society and show's a lot of parallels if you think about it. Haven't watched it? Shame on you

3.The Devils Advocate
The subtle faces of evil. I think this is a great movie with a lot of truths in it about how the world works

4.Ex Machina
I waited a long time to see this movie and didn't dissapoint. the second time i watched it it even got better. Must watch If you like intelligent si fi movies

5.Whiplash
Psychological warfare in optima forma. Very interesting movie and great acting!

Bonus
Dreamcatcher
Didn't know what to expect when it came on TV, just watched it and really liked the way the plot develops. Maybe not the best movie but i like a surprising plot and it's good fun to watch

I just like good movies, i know i've seen more but these just came up to me thinking about interesting and good movies i watched over the years and stood by me.

If you have your own top 5 or comments about my choices i'd be happy to discuss it

Ask for the blue pill. The rabbit hole isn't that nice
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-18-2017, 11:22 PM
RE: My Cinema top 5 movies
1. The House that Screamed

Terrible name, I know. This movie takes a while for the plot to really get moving but then there's a bunch of plot twists and it becomes very Hitchcockian. Unfortunately the official trailer gives away a major plot twist so I'll post this clip instead.

2. Minority Report

Great movie that explores the idea of free will.

3. 12 Monkeys

I'm a sucker for time travel movies. The American remake is much better than the French original.

4. Fight Club

Didn't know what to expect going into the movie but it was well worth it.

5. Jacob's Ladder

One of those movies that you just can't explain without giving away the ending. Has you guessing what's going on the whole time.

6. Saw

Was expecting a crappy mad slasher flick, but it was filled with good plot twists.

7. The Call of Cthulhu

Based on the story by H. P. Lovecraft. It's done as a silent movie which is weirdly perfect for the story.

8. Scream

Good mix of horror and comedy which uses horror movie cliches to great effect.

9. The Boys from Brazil

The plot is cheesy and so is the trailer, but the movie actually pulls it off.

10. It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World

Probably the funniest movie ever made.

09-18-2017, 11:35 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2017 12:00 AM by Glimmer.)
(09-18-2017 11:22 PM)Count Iblis Wrote:  1. The House that Screamed

Terrible name, I know. This movie takes a while for the plot to really get moving but then there's a bunch of plot twists and it becomes very Hitchcockian. Unfortunately the official trailer gives away a major plot twist so I'll post this clip instead.

2. Minority Report

Great movie that explores the idea of free will.

3. 12 Monkeys

I'm a sucker for time travel movies. The American remake is much better than the French original.

4. Fight Club

Didn't know what to expect going into the movie but it was well worth it.

5. Jacob's Ladder

One of those movies that you just can't explain without giving away the ending. Has you guessing what's going on the whole time.

6. Saw

Was expecting a crappy mad slasher flick, but it was filled with good plot twists.

7. The Call of Cthulhu

Based on the story by H. P. Lovecraft. It's done as a silent movie which is weirdly perfect for the story.

8. Scream

Good mix of horror and comedy which uses horror movie cliches to great effect.

9. The Boys from Brazil

The plot is cheesy and so is the trailer, but the movie actually pulls it off.

10. It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World

Probably the funniest movie ever made.

2,3 and 4.. Could have been in my top 5 easy. With fightclub being the first memorable mindfuck movie for me. Still love it and it is a true classic! Minority report is also great, i believe we are coming closer to these kinds of arrest every day.

12 monkeys is just a crazy ride. Remember it watching it after it came out on DVD or VHS and turned it off about halfway in. Can't remember exactly why but i guess it had something to do with the group we where watching it with. Maybe too far fetched for us back then. Later i've seen it on TV and liked it very much, made me a fan of Brad Pitt's acting

09-18-2017, 11:35 PM
11. What Have You Done to Solange?

Forgot to mention this one. There's a serial killer on the loose killing women and mutilating their genitals. The killer ends up being a pretty sympathetic character.

09-19-2017, 12:02 AM
(09-18-2017 11:35 PM)Count Iblis Wrote:  11. What Have You Done to Solange?

Forgot to mention this one. There's a serial killer on the loose killing women and mutilating their genitals. The killer ends up being a pretty sympathetic character.

Have you seen Looper? If you are in to timetravel movies

09-19-2017, 12:03 AM
The Butterfly effect is also a great one with excellent acting from Ashton Kutcher

09-19-2017, 02:44 AM
The Last Emperor. Probably the best set design and cinematography ever. A complete movie.

[Image: 52107_front.jpg]
Snowpiercer, one of the few movies that exposes the world conspiracy/chemtrails etc.
[Image: Snowpiercer-94b87bd1d572f3f5ce71c974a03206a8.jpg]

Departures. good film about life, death and tradition.
[Image: departures-movie-poster.jpg]

Class-A entertainment. Spielberg's best.
[Image: 16_3_Totaro1.jpg]
Truman Show. People say this film predicted the reality TV culture, but IMO it was more about exposing how the avg dupe's reality is constructed by powers behind the scenes. Good entertainment and thought provoking.
[Image: The-Truman-Show-1998.jpg]
09-19-2017, 06:47 AM
I enjoyed the Butterfly Effect. Didn't see Looper though.
09-19-2017, 09:10 PM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2017 02:03 AM by Glimmer.)
Still got to checkout Snowpiercer one of these days. The last emperor i saw ages a go. Remember it being a good movie but can't recall what it was about.

This guy has an interesting pick on the Truman Show

OK. So, as many of you are now (painfully) aware, I've been looking into this whole globe vs enclosed earth models issue. Among other things, it is giving the terms "globalism" and "globalist agenda" a whole new meaning. LOL!

Last night, I watched The Truman (read "true man") Show again. WOW! Did it take on a whole lot of new meaning for me. Let's just ASSUME for a minute that the enclosed model is true. If you can start with that premise, while this movie is totally written from Satan's point of view, it is quite eye-opening.

[Image: 11164664_10153322560412754_1317281126142...e=5A5CCA4D]

Why do I say that it is from Satan's point of view? Because Act 1 of the movie ends when a "light" falls from the sky labeled, "Sirius." Too much to go into on that, but it is a representation of Lucifer (light bearer) falling as Sirius, which is a star in Canis Major. The number "9" is depicted on the label of the light, which is also quite telling. But that's another story too. Suffice it to say, the film makers new EXACTLY what they were depicting with that scene. As a side note, it puts "SiriusXM Satellite Radio" into an interesting "light" too. Wink Anyway...

[Image: 10419555_10153322564587754_4580687757197...e=5A3F1CD5]

The people watching the show are the angels. The woman Truman never gets to be with is Satan. She is against the CHRISToff character, who is the "Creator of the dome" world Truman lives in. Now, watch the Christoff character. He clearly loves (though tests) Truman, watching every detail of his life from his mother's womb even. Thousands of cameras track his every move, thus Truman is in a confined though carefully cared for environment. People in Christoff's studio are even wearing shirts that say "LOVE HIM. PROTECT HIM." On the surface, it seems Christoff is being very mean to put Truman through the storm at the end of the movie, until you realize he never lets it go too far (not giving more than Truman can handle) and is only doing this to get Truman to "turn back" from a destiny that can only hurt him. But in the end, Truman chooses to step out of that loving and protected environment into what is literally depicted as "outer darkness" outside the dome. He steps out of the brightly lit realm into a door of total blackness, turning his back on his "creator."

[Image: 11150308_10153322567922754_8912002099309...e=5A43048D]

As a side note, also of interest, is the scene where Truman is looking in the mirror. He draws an astronaut helmet around his head with soap. Then draws a flag and states "This is TRUEmania" referencing also the name Burbank. Implication? The moon landing was shot in Burbank. LOL! Nice touch.

[Image: 11156413_10153322600012754_6888227223301...e=5A5FB07C]

Pay close attention to the significance of the numbers on his sailboat: "139" and how it is depicted during the storm. Then, read Psalm 139. The writers really did their homework on this one. It was a BRILLIANT scene in light of Psalm 139.

[Image: 10422357_10153322624367754_3779734845323...e=5A534FB0]

Overall, it is great movie, but with a wrong conclusion concerning Truman choosing to leave the careful love and protection of CHRISToff (and Moses actually too) in favor of stepping into outer darkness. Of course in a real world scenario, it makes sense that we would want to see Truman set free from his captivity, but that's the real trick of the movie. It generates sympathy for the Devil and his perspective, while attempting to paint YHWH as the bad guy. YET, the "creator" is never really depicted that way in the movie. In fact, the film makers actually go out of their way to show just how much Christoff really does love and care for Truman.

Just read Psalm 139 again. I really do have to wonder what perspective the writers/film makers had. Because if they took enough time to look this up and make a point of including it on the sailboat that gave Truman his free will AND the warning to try and get him to turn back (repent), it may be that they pulled a fast one on the audience. I don't know. What has the appearance of a "good ending" leading us all to cheer for Truman, means the joke is on us if we missed the "signs" given all along the way. Consider...

Psalm 139:
1 O Lord, You have searched me and known me.
2 You know my sitting down and my rising up;You understand my thought afar off.
3 You comprehend my path and my lying down,And are acquainted with all my ways.
4 For there is not a word on my tongue,But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether.
5 You have hedged me behind and before,And laid Your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;It is high, I cannot attain it.
7 Where can I go from Your Spirit?Or where can I flee from Your presence?
8 If I ascend into heaven, You are there;If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning,And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 Even there Your hand shall lead me,And Your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall fall on me,”Even the night shall be light about me;
12 Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You,But the night shines as the day;The darkness and the light are both alike to You.

That last line is quite interesting too, because Truman goes missing at night. So, Christoff causes the sun to come up way early, thus causing the "night to shine as day" in that scene.

13 For You formed my inward parts;You covered me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;Marvelous are Your works,And that my soul knows very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You,When I was made in secret,And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.And in Your book they all were written,The days fashioned for me,When as yet there were none of them.
17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!How great is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;When I awake, I am still with You.
19 Oh, that You would slay the wicked, O God!Depart from me, therefore, you bloodthirsty men.
20 For they speak against You wickedly;Your enemies take Your name in vain.
21 Do I not hate them, O Lord, who hate You?And do I not loathe those who rise up against You?
22 I hate them with perfect hatred;I count them my enemies.
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;Try me, and know my anxieties;
24 And see if there is any wicked way in me,And lead me in the way everlasting.

The end of the movie shows Truman turning his back on the "way everlasting" choosing instead the darkness. So, the movie actually has a sad ending not a good one.

This is brilliant thought-provoking film making at its best in my opinion. BOTH sides of the story are fairly well presented, with the "true man" caught in the middle, but when you realize you are cheering for the wrong conclusion, it really gives you pause to think.

- Rob Skiba
Source: https://www.facebook.com/notes/rob-skiba...899862506/

09-19-2017, 11:28 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2017 11:59 PM by Glimmer.)
Kingsman The Secret Service has some weird double layered occultism incorparated in the story. I watched it yesterday and altough it's a fun and surprising movie there is a occult undertone in the film

Vigilant Citizen wrote a piece on the movie

https://vigilantcitizen.com/moviesandtv/...ite-youth/

Quote:Galahad then explains how from tailors, Kingsman became a powerful actor on the international scene.

“By 1919, a great number of powerful individuals had lost their heirs to World War One. That meant a lot of money going uninherited. And a lot of powerful men with a desire to preserve peace and protect life.

Our founders realized that they could channel that wealth and influence for the greater good. And so began our other venture: An independent, international intelligence agency operating at the highest level of discretion, above the politics and bureaucracy that undermine the integrity of government-run organizations.”

This origins story cannot better describe the occult elite. Backed by the incredible fortune of a few elite families, Kingsman operates on a level that is “above” democratically-elected government, and acts in total secrecy (you will notice that, throughout the movie, there is absolutely no respect for democratic governments). Like the occult elite that decides world policies at secret meetings such as the Trilateral Commission and the Bilderberg conference, Kingsman operates on that above-government level. If Kingsman had evolved in the “real world”, their major contributors would mostly likely be the Rothschillds, Rockerfellers and Duponts, bloodlines of extreme wealth who shaped the world using a level of power that goes way beyond national governments and political parties.

The concept of “bloodline” is extremely important for the Kingsman. When Arthur discusses the death of a Kingsman agent with Galahad, he says:

“But he wasn’t exactly one of us, was he?”

This implies that the Kingsman that died was an “outsider” and not a descendant of the “privileged” bloodline that makes up Kingsman. Is this why these agents appear to have special powers?

09-20-2017, 12:51 AM
very interesting post GLIMMER
09-20-2017, 04:02 AM
Very diverse spread.
The Last Emperor was excellent.
09-20-2017, 06:11 AM
(09-19-2017 09:10 PM)Glimmer Wrote:  ...
This is brilliant thought-provoking film making at its best in my opinion. BOTH sides of the story are fairly well presented, with the "true man" caught in the middle, but when you realize you are cheering for the wrong conclusion, it really gives you pause to think.

- Rob Skiba
If that analysis of the movie is right, it implies that the Creator is making the character/people live in a make-believe world, and that Lucifer/the snake gives Man the true knowledge of reality. So ultimately it is a gift to understand reality, because it is major wisdom. A loving creator would want his created being to be wise too and to have this knowledge, right?

In the Biblical view though, the Creator doesn't have his created beings trapped in a fake world as opposed to the "real" world. He also bestows wisdom on his created beings. One example of that is the revelations in prophecies. Another is the "spirit of wisdom", as well as conscience and gifts of understanding that the Bible discusses.

It's true that there is an issue where the serpeant tells Man to eat the forbidden "fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil" (whatever that means), in order to become like God. And then Man is forced from the Garden of Eden. But the Garden of Eden is not really a "fake world" and a trap or prison like the Truman Show is. It's just a protective, bountiful part of the rest of the real world. And the real world suffers dramatically due to the Fall, but I think that the world does not really severely suffer as a result of Truman's decision.

So there are similarities between the Truman Show and the Biblical Garden of Eden story, but I don't trust modern Hollywood's metaphors very much to give an accurate spiritual rendition of the Biblical ones. I think you really need a full understanding if the Biblical story first.
09-21-2017, 09:39 PM
(09-20-2017 06:11 AM)Rako Wrote:  
(09-19-2017 09:10 PM)Glimmer Wrote:  ...

- Rob Skiba
If that analysis of the movie is right, it implies that the Creator is making the character/people live in a make-believe world, and that Lucifer/the snake gives Man the true knowledge of reality. So ultimately it is a gift to understand reality, because it is major wisdom. A loving creator would want his created being to be wise too and to have this knowledge, right?

In the Biblical view though, the Creator doesn't have his created beings trapped in a fake world as opposed to the "real" world. He also bestows wisdom on his created beings. One example of that is the revelations in prophecies. Another is the "spirit of wisdom", as well as conscience and gifts of understanding that the Bible discusses.

It's true that there is an issue where the serpeant tells Man to eat the forbidden "fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil" (whatever that means), in order to become like God. And then Man is forced from the Garden of Eden. But the Garden of Eden is not really a "fake world" and a trap or prison like the Truman Show is. It's just a protective, bountiful part of the rest of the real world. And the real world suffers dramatically due to the Fall, but I think that the world does not really severely suffer as a result of Truman's decision.

So there are similarities between the Truman Show and the Biblical Garden of Eden story, but I don't trust modern Hollywood's metaphors very much to give an accurate spiritual rendition of the Biblical ones. I think you really need a full understanding if the Biblical story first.

Nice interpretation Rako. I agree with you but also think that Hollywood uses mythical stories and events loosely in movies like this. More as inspiration or somewhat

09-21-2017, 10:15 PM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2017 10:15 PM by Glimmer.)
Interesting fact about the movie Suckerpunch

Quote:There are a striking number of coincidences between events in the movie and musical cues (and lyrics) on the 1973 Pink Floyd album, "Dark Side of the Moon". A fan discovered the synchronicity and has revealed all details including the compilation itself through the internet. In a phenomena known as 'synchronicity' the album is played as an alternate soundtrack for the entire film that not only works as a metaphorical piece to the themes shared between the film and music, but also sound cues that act as a sound effect or inner monologues spoken out loud for the characters through the album. A few of the too-numerous-to-name coincidences include (but are not limited to):

Climactic screams to the reveal of the dead mother and the gunshot that kills Amber.
Heartbeats as the girls are at high risk of getting caught or dying as they enact their plan.
"Run, rabbit, run" is heard as the door is kicked down at the beginning and end of the film, mirroring the stepfather kicking the closet door open to reveal the little sister (the beginning) and Babydoll kicking Blue down as the door opens to reveal Sweet Pea in the closet (the end). Babydoll is also running another time this is spoken.
"Don't be afraid to care" as BabyDoll looks through the peephole worried about her little sister.
"Look around..." as BabyDoll turns her head to "choose your own ground." As BabyDoll realizes what she's done after firing the gun, the music shifts mirroring her descent into madness.
The song "Money" plays as Madame Gorski and her counterpart, The Wise Man, gives BabyDoll advice much as the song does.
The three samurai appear to speak as drunken men on the album.
When the main samurai takes a step forward, a loud sound of a footstep is heard as the screen shakes right in tune.
Bells are heard when the cafeteria/theatre is revealed to BabyDoll and later as the bell rings for dismissal of class.
The increasing cries for 'The Great Gig In The Sky' are heard as BabyDoll is crying at night in the asylum and as the baby dragon's throat is slit. The woman's voice seems to mirror the fury of the mother dragon after discovering the dead child.
"I never said I was afraid of dying" Rocket defying the cook and the baby dragon's lifeless body is lifted by its mother.
"Eh" Babydoll appears to say this right in tune with the album.
'Us and Them' as Babydoll takes on the three samurai and the girls take on the train of robots.
As BabyDoll takes center floor to "dance" and the plan is initiated, a heart beats as Babydoll imagines herself in a different place - "The lunatic is on the grass.... remembering games and daisy chains and laughs, got to keep the loonies on the path."
"The lunatic is in my head" as a pilot flies into the head of a blimp with a face.
Many allusions to Rocket's death. There are a couple of instances where Rocket seems as if she is saying things like "I never said I was afraid of dying" and "Why should I be afraid of dying..."
When Rocket is on the train that explodes in the city, drum beats are to the tune of a succession of glass breaking from the blast. BabyDoll looks in in disbelief as the city goes dark (an allusion to the death of her sister) as "I'll see you on the dark side of the moon" is said. Said again as Sweet Pea watches Rocket die in her arms.
"You raise the blade, you make the change..." as the cook raises his knife out of Rocket.
"You rearrange me 'till I'm sane." happens as all the girls walk side by side (all representing different aspects of the "star of the show") and later as their group is torn apart.
"Home, home again" Babydoll closes her eyes and imagines herself (Sweet Pea) going home to her own "paradise."
This phenomenon is known as "Dark Side Of The Sucker Punch". Similar to The Wizard of Oz (1939) in "Dark Side Of The Rainbow".

Did some research about this phenomenon and it seems it only works with a cam version in a certain framerate. Still it's very cool i think. It would be very disturbing if it would match it by the second..

Awesome movie with great visuals, excellent acting and a deeper meaning to the story than you can imagine

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Coronavirus Covid-19 Official Discussion Thread The Diet Butcher 1,141 21,679 05-29-2020 05:40 PM
Last Post: pug-thug
  Netflix Series "the family" about conservative Christian cabal that pulls the strings pug-thug 5 146 05-27-2020 04:39 PM
Last Post: THE_DEAN
  Democratic primary thread now that Yang thread gone. pilgrim 144 3,328 05-26-2020 06:53 AM
Last Post: pilgrim
Video New Amazon series mocks the Holocaust CTsar 11 224 05-25-2020 07:08 PM
Last Post: Redneck