Login | Register

MORE CHINESE SHRIMP
05-02-2017, 02:40 PM
MORE CHINESE SHRIMP
[Image: ayi_battle.jpg]

chinese fight over free gifts

A video has gone viral on Chinese social media showing what happened when a company in Changzhou, Jiangsu province tried to giveaway some small gifts to the public.

[Image: ayi_battle3.jpg]

watch video here:

http://shanghaiist.com/2017/05/01/auntie...or-all.php

Those who know, know! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2017, 04:02 AM
RE: MORE CHINESE SHRIMP
LOL.

I wonder if Costco Taiwan gives away free food samples like they do in the US.

https://www.costco.com.tw/
05-03-2017, 06:35 AM
And you think China could overtake the US??

--I Eat Grits--
05-04-2017, 05:32 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2017 07:11 AM by Commoner.)
People with detestable behaviors almost strictly belong to the cultural revolution generation, and to less extent, rural rich who sustained that habit from that era.

Yeah it's unpleasant, and u see why anti-china protest is so easily instigated in nearby regions like Hong Kong, Taiwan, Indonesia. The general negative attitude people already harbor against Chinese manners is an easy ammunition for establishment controlled press to rally premeditated political sabotage.

As you can imagine, detestable behaviors should be just as hated within China whenever such "evil uncles and aunties" decide to show their force.

I think this expat is respectable to try to make sense of it from a human angle, rather than dehumanizing the subject and pointing fingers from afar:

05-07-2017, 03:03 AM
[Image: C_Jl9CEUMAAU53n.jpg]
05-13-2017, 07:11 AM
(05-07-2017 03:03 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  [Image: C_Jl9CEUMAAU53n.jpg]

Lol at Janet Reno's triggered granddaughter.

I guess it didn't matter whether we elected Clinton or Trump.
05-13-2017, 08:25 AM
(05-04-2017 05:32 PM)Commoner Wrote:  

What is his accent?
Maybe he is English-Italian?
05-13-2017, 09:16 AM

Interesting video. Thanks.
05-13-2017, 09:34 AM
He is scottish iirc
05-13-2017, 10:42 AM
The expat is from South Africa, so his ancestry gotta be one of the U.K., scot if EY rc.

I can add to the video that regular joes are afraid to help because they would always assume bullies must be connected in some ways (politicians, gangs), and if they don't like you, their powerful affiliates can ruin you.

I was once in a nice restaurant in shanghai, the gang of middle age customers kept on bullying and harassing a waitress in tears. Whenever the waitress threatens to call the police, these uncles kept daring her because all those officials and officers are their mates. Lo and behold, the officers arrive and are all cool with the bullies. Bullies bully on. I remember the poor waitress just sat down in a corner, kept crying until the dudes did everything they wanted and all left in triumph. (Meanwhile we all kept enjoyin our meals and helplessly watched.)

At local levels, under the old social system, there's just no justice, there's only connection. The central govt had been trying to change that, yes, but on the ground, the young folks will just have to wait till the old gen and their nonsense die out.

I'd say police brutality in America is just as bad, honestly. Harassment, beatings, and even killings get swept under the rug or unreported. Would you go help out a innocent victim in face of popos messing with them? In America, the insanity sticks with cop/authoritarian power, whereas in third world countries, anyone can be associated with random gangs/scams.

As for the shrimp fights, I'd just say the Marxists and revolutionaries had trained them well! Cool
05-13-2017, 10:50 AM
^ that would not happen today. Officials are watched closely for corruption abusing their power.
05-13-2017, 11:09 AM
(05-13-2017 10:50 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  ^ that would not happen today. Officials are watched closely for corruption abusing their power.

Yeah, that was fairly recent being 2011. While the government cleansing of recent years had actively tackled these issues, I'm highlighting how various kinds of disgusting attitude of that lost generation remain and is still a nuance for young ppl. That's how the uncles were wired growing up.

Government crackdowns are effectively enforced at municipal levels, I suppose a lot of these uncles still get away with it in other capacities esp in rural places.
05-13-2017, 11:37 AM
making threats using the names of govt officials will not fly in China these days. the officials are even afraid of getting treated to dinner that is how serious the crackdown was. I was eating with a high level govt official one time and he wouldn't even accept a gift from another guest at the dinner. they are seriously scared of getting cracked down upon
05-13-2017, 02:43 PM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2017 02:44 PM by Commoner.)
Yeah, the crackdown was def a good first step in the right direction.

When it gets to the point where regular joes will have confidence in the system of due process that can offer anyone protection and vindication, then they would likewise behave more by their own natural instincts, thus "humane".

People's behaviors are often largely result of the society's conditioning through reward and punishment. The western world simply have another set of conditioning which sometimes would shock the Asians just as much, esp if u dig deeper (which we tend to do around here Smile

Perhaps there's no perfect world, but conscience is still pretty prevalent I'd say, even if sometimes misguided. i.e. Sjw. I believe most people are innocent and want to have good hearts, even if some have not been conditioned under the most palatable value system.
05-13-2017, 10:02 PM
(05-13-2017 08:25 AM)Rako Wrote:  

What is his accent?
Maybe he is English-Italian?

It sounds like the famous McClarenism dialect of North Yorkshire, England.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  SHRIMP'n'Grits karasu 19 1,153 10-15-2021 03:37 AM
Last Post: EVILYOSHIDA
  Imagine if the food served was SHRIMP EVILYOSHIDA 4 1,074 12-30-2019 01:08 PM
Last Post: karasu
  Chinese eating the shrimp at da Thai buffet. All U CAN EAT BABY! More embarrassment EVILYOSHIDA 107 32,879 11-11-2019 03:17 AM
  What's he saying in Chinese re: odd Chinese traffic incident???!!! ba_dass 4 2,767 11-26-2016 03:46 AM