Login | Register

Would you group Astrology with the new age?
05-13-2013, 05:52 PM
Would you group Astrology with the new age?
seems like astrology books are always in the "new age" book section.. although I imagining astrology is older than organized "legit" religion itself.

Those who know, know! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2013, 05:55 PM
RE: Would you group Astrology with the new age?
Quote:The New Age movement is a Western spiritual movement that developed in the second half of the 20th century. Its central precepts have been described as "drawing on both Eastern and Western spiritual and metaphysical traditions and infusing them with influences from self-help and motivational psychology, holistic health, parapsychology, consciousness research and quantum physics".[2] The term New Age refers to the coming astrological Age of Aquarius.

05-13-2013, 05:55 PM
the new age:

[Image: Katie_Walking_Labyrinth_2.jpg]

05-13-2013, 06:04 PM
I think astrology fits in with the new age because in a way, it attempts to tell a person who they are. This alligns well with certain nwo factions that seek to control everybody and tell them who they are and what they should be.

I guess it didn't matter whether we elected Clinton or Trump.
05-14-2013, 10:13 PM
Yes. And it's bollocks.
05-15-2013, 01:24 AM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2013 01:26 AM by Redneck.)
It's an old age practice, probably the very first science (and yes, it was a science back then), that has been re-introduced to the new age. The shit you read in the newspaper columns is bollocks, but the movements and plotting of the constellations is very real, and requires a lot of skill and study.

The bioweapon is not the virus, the bioweapon is the fake vaccine - David Icke
05-15-2013, 07:09 AM
I agree with redneck. Its an ancient practice like the iching

05-15-2013, 08:22 AM
I'm going from memory here, but astrology now, which i take to mean horoscopes and divination based on the 12 celestial bodies or zodiac is fairly new because the zodiac is a relatively new creation.

astrology has been around for a long time but wasn't based on the zodiac. splitting hairs but while they share the same basic premise, they also are based on different things.
05-15-2013, 09:04 AM
^ welcome to the forum VASH.

05-15-2013, 11:07 AM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2013 11:08 AM by DONG JOHNSON.)
It's real but it isn't aligned with the illumanati movement to dumb down the population.

they want people operating in a box of clusterfuck that is the education system.

you'd think people that went to medical school or obtained PHD are the most brilliant minds. They are the people most likely to stay contained in the box and to give those people authority on knowledge and power keeps the population stupid.
05-15-2013, 03:46 PM
Astrology is 'old age' and more closely associated w/ occult belief.

But the 'New Age' draws from many sources randomly, astrology just being one of them.
05-15-2013, 03:56 PM
(05-15-2013 03:46 PM)THE_DEAN Wrote:  Astrology is 'old age' and more closely associated w/ occult belief.

But the 'New Age' draws from many sources randomly, astrology just being one of them.

yes. the new age is all inclusive.. it's just a gumbo mix of everything.

usually people who say "i'm not religious, but i'm spiritual" are new agers.

those who believe in everything believe in nothing.

05-15-2013, 04:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2013 04:21 PM by Redneck.)
(05-15-2013 08:22 AM)Vash Wrote:  I'm going from memory here, but astrology now, which i take to mean horoscopes and divination based on the 12 celestial bodies or zodiac is fairly new because the zodiac is a relatively new creation.

astrology has been around for a long time but wasn't based on the zodiac. splitting hairs but while they share the same basic premise, they also are based on different things.

How long would you say the zodiac had existed for?

[Image: whenti81.jpg]

Overwhelming evidence demonstrates that the Sumerians were cognizant of the zodiacal ages - not only the names and images but the precessional cycle thereof - when the calendar was begun in Nippur, circa 3800 BC., in the Age of Taurus.

Willy Hartner, in his study titled "The Earliest History of the Constellations in the Near East" (Journal of Near Eastern Studies), analyzed the Sumerian pictorial evidence and concluded that numerous depictions of a bull nudging a lion (Fig. 93b, from the fourth millennium BC.) or a lion pushing bulls (Fig. 93c, from about 3000 BC.) are representations of the zodiacal time when the spring equinox, at which time the calendrical new year began, was in the constellation Taurus and the summer solstice occurred in the sign of Leo.

[Image: whenti82.jpg]

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sitchi...egan07.htm

05-15-2013, 04:26 PM
this new poster vash seems interesting. I wonder if he is from the OG

05-15-2013, 04:39 PM
(05-15-2013 03:56 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  
(05-15-2013 03:46 PM)THE_DEAN Wrote:  Astrology is 'old age' and more closely associated w/ occult belief.

yes. the new age is all inclusive.. it's just a gumbo mix of everything.

usually people who say "i'm not religious, but i'm spiritual" are new agers.

those who believe in everything believe in nothing.

New agers are mostly losers and misfits, who cling to the new age because they've finally found something that they feel comfortable with.

They should not be confused with serious occultists, or mystics.

The new age was created by Freemasonry, to give the profane a taste of Masonic/Luciferian philosophical beliefs. It's a scam mostly.

[Image: New-Age-Magazine.jpg]

[Image: masons-on-the-moon.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Been Studying Astrology Lately DONG JOHNSON 754 258,438 04-16-2022 09:41 AM
Last Post: jho
  Global Warming Proof: Rising Sea Levels Before/At Beginning Of Auto Age To Now Dagwood 2 272 01-01-2022 01:23 PM
Last Post: Redneck
  The New Age Deception Exposed EVILYOSHIDA 52 3,580 08-31-2021 09:25 AM
Last Post: EVILYOSHIDA
  What Is Spiritual Bypassing? the whole problem with the new age movement EVILYOSHIDA 2 574 08-18-2021 03:35 AM
Last Post: EVILYOSHIDA