Login | Register

Shaking my head at Exodus 35:2
01-30-2017, 07:49 PM
Shaking my head at Exodus 35:2
Exodus 35:2

Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day it shall be to you a holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever does work on it shall be put to death.

---

[Image: 1399345730231.gif]

Those who know, know! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2017, 10:56 PM
RE: Shaking my head at Exodus 35:2
Keep on reading. There's a story about a guy who picks up sticks on the sabbath so is put to death.
02-16-2017, 08:56 AM
Quote:Exodus 12:29-32English Standard Version (ESV)

The Tenth Plague: Death of the Firstborn
29 At midnight the Lord struck down all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh who sat on his throne to the firstborn of the captive who was in the dungeon, and all the firstborn of the livestock. 30 And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he and all his servants and all the Egyptians. And there was a great cry in Egypt, for there was not a house where someone was not dead. 31 Then he summoned Moses and Aaron by night and said, “Up, go out from among my people, both you and the people of Israel; and go, serve the Lord, as you have said. 32 Take your flocks and your herds, as you have said, and be gone, and bless me also!”
12-05-2017, 08:30 AM
crickets
12-05-2017, 08:36 AM
(01-30-2017 10:56 PM)Count Iblis Wrote:  Keep on reading. There's a story about a guy who picks up sticks on the sabbath so is put to death.

Quote:Penalty for Violating the Sabbath
32 Now while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day. 33 And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron, and to all the congregation. 34 They put him under guard, because it had not been explained what should be done to him.

35 Then the Lord said to Moses, “The man must surely be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.” 36 So, as the Lord commanded Moses, all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him with stones, and he died.

seriously.. and Christians have the gall to bash the KORAN as a violent book?

12-05-2017, 08:37 AM
this is why I applaud Catholicism for not strictly going by book but also going by tradition.

whoever thinks this book is the literal word of a "loving god" is deluded
12-05-2017, 08:40 AM
Numbers 21:5-9

And the people spake against God, and against Moses, Wherefore have ye brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? for there is no bread, neither is there any water; and our soul loatheth this light bread. And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died. Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, for we have spoken against the LORD, and against thee; pray unto the LORD, that he take away the serpents from us. And Moses prayed for the people. And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live. And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.
12-05-2017, 08:40 AM
what kind of god would order a man be put to death for gathering sticks on a day of rest?

LMFAO even the NWO govt. wouldn't do that to you.
12-05-2017, 08:41 AM
Old testament, brah.

I do agree that the bible is pretty meh.
12-05-2017, 08:50 AM
yeah but it's a continuation:

Quote:the New Testament has more than 4,000 references to the Old Testament; thus the books of the Old Testament have been important for Christians and remain, in the words of the Second Vatican Council’s Dei Verbum (Dogmatic Constitution on Divine Revelation), “permanently valuable” because they were “written under divine inspiration.”

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se...rsion=NKJV
12-05-2017, 09:08 AM
Virtually everything that Christians hate about the Quran is also found in the Old Testament.
12-05-2017, 09:28 AM
(12-05-2017 09:08 AM)Count Iblis Wrote:  Virtually everything that Christians hate about the Quran is also found in the Old Testament.

yep. I'm surprised these things aren't more well known.

why would god be this vengeful?

also the god of the OT and the NT is the same god!

12-05-2017, 11:15 AM
The first human beings seemed to be very dysfunctional.

Eve is seduced by a snake, convincing Adam to blatantly disobey their CREATOR. The first born children on Earth faced a violent and vengeful murder. Cain is not punished by death, instead he is just banned from Eden. Why would that matter? Eden is no longer a Paradise? Doesn't seem like much of a punishment. Also, it was not explained how Cain was able to procreate. Why was Cain so evil? Had he been influenced by the Devil? Is certainly does not mention so.

Then You have the story of Abraham, being told he needs to prove his loyalty by killing his son, Isaac.

Pretty scary if you think about this stuff with question.
12-05-2017, 11:48 AM
that's why it's called the greatest story ever told.

i don't discount it all.. but a lot of it does seem to be nonsensical and random.

it's not very coherent, yet bible thumpers insist that it's a book that can't be contradicted.

If the OT is the real Christianity or true torah Christianity.. then there should be no surprise that the Catholic Church would subvert it and infuse with spiritualized paganism
12-05-2017, 11:49 AM
I think the standard answer is that Cain married his sister. However, one need not make that assumption. There are actually two creation accounts in Genesis. The most famous is about Adam and Eve in Eden. The other is less colorful and simply talks about God creating people, male and female. There's no indication of how many he created. So one could easily read the bible to mean that God created many humans, but Adam and Eve were two who were in Eden. They are prominent because humanity was wiped out in the Flood, except for Noah and his family. Noah was a descendant of Adam and Eve so their line is what matters.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Exodus: Jews Flee Paris Suburbs over Rising Tide of Anti-Semitism pilgrim 26 1,065 04-01-2018 11:55 PM
Last Post: Redneck
  Kathy Griffin shaves her head in desperate attempt for attention jho 22 1,500 12-07-2017 03:44 AM
Last Post: EVILYOSHIDA
  Was moses a self hating jew? Exodus 32 EVILYOSHIDA 5 514 06-05-2017 08:04 PM
Last Post: Redneck
  Pedos Starting WW3 B4 Arrest: RUS UN Head Dead/Mysterious Heart Attack At NY Embassy Dagwood 3 742 02-22-2017 04:43 AM
Last Post: EVILYOSHIDA