Login | Register

Court ruling, no BREXIT unless Parliament approves.
01-24-2017, 08:09 PM
Court ruling, no BREXIT unless Parliament approves.
This is breaking news. The UK Court has ruled that Brexit cannot pass unless a vote in Parliament approves it.

So much for democracy.

I'm just trying to figure this shit out like you are.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2017, 08:19 PM
RE: Court ruling, no BREXIT unless Parliament approves.
The UK Supreme Court has ruled that Prime Minister Theresa May must get parliament's approval before she begins Britain's formal exit from the European Union.

The UK's highest judicial body dismissed the government's argument that May could simply use executive powers known as 'royal prerogative' to invoke Article 50 of the EU's Lisbon Treaty and begin two years of divorce talks.

However, the court rejected arguments that the UK's devolved assemblies in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales should give their assent before Article 50 is invoked.

'The referendum is of great political significance, but the Act of Parliament which established it did not say what should happen as a result,' said David Neuberger, President of the Supreme Court which ruled by 8-3 against the government.

- See more at: http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stori...e95LU.dpuf
01-24-2017, 08:32 PM
something I predicted. Just a symbolic thing.

they will drag this on and on until it loses steam.

or they will pass some neutered "in name only" version
01-24-2017, 10:35 PM
(01-24-2017 08:32 PM)PUG-THUG Wrote:  something I predicted. Just a symbolic thing.

Parliament will pass it, but yes it's being dragged out. If Hillary had won, I would say maybe there is some kind of hope for the remainers. With Trump in, they have to trigger article 50. To not do so would be disastrous.

It is interesting to note that the unelected high court is almost half Jewish.

EvilYoshida.com, winning hearts and minds since 2013.
01-25-2017, 06:43 AM
Nothing too surprising there. They tend to get those unelected top positions a lot.

[Image: QDyvjCTk0jMyey6104nGZcsiJv7VrGlr1LHgIu3P...c40b3f38ef]
04-15-2019, 03:02 PM
(01-24-2017 08:32 PM)pug-thug Wrote:  something I predicted. Just a symbolic thing.

my prediction true.

Those who know, know! Big Grin
04-15-2019, 03:03 PM
Let's Be Honest: Barring a Revolution, Brexit is Unlikely to Happen
COLUMNISTS
20:20 11.04.2019Get short URL
Neil Clark
So now it's the 31st of October. Does anyone, whether they're a Brexiteer or Remainer, seriously believe that Britain will have exited the EU by the latest 'deadline' agreed by Europe?

Theresa May, lest we forget, assured us repeatedly that Britain would be leaving the EU on 29th March 2019. Then when that didn't happen she said it would be by June 30th. Now she has agreed to an extension until Halloween. How appropriate, because the whole thing has turned into Nightmare on Downing Street.

It needn't have been such a horror movie. The basic problem has been that while the public (17.4m of them) voted Leave, the political Establishment has been largely in favour of Remain.

That Establishment includes the Prime Minister who supported Britain staying in the EU in 2016, albeit from behind the sofa. As I tweeted earlier in the week, you could say that she has handled Brexit disastrously. But that's only if you accept the premise she wanted the UK to leave. If her aim was to sabotage Brexit, while appearing to be in favour, you'd have to admit that she's played an absolute blinder.

https://sputniknews.com/columnists/20190...remainers/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Gilad Atzmon: Brexit is All About Making Israel Greater pug-thug 8 181 06-06-2019 04:37 AM
Last Post: Chaos Reigns
  Christchurch Killer Brendon Tarrant appears in Court making handsign pug-thug 78 1,436 04-03-2019 06:12 AM
Last Post: Chaos Reigns
  your prediction BREXIT??? karasu 5 484 01-18-2019 07:52 AM
Last Post: Count Iblis
  UK to vote on Brexit, no EU? kanotoa 10 1,905 07-27-2018 12:56 PM
Last Post: Skookum Charlie