Login | Register

Rex Tillerson hearing underway
01-12-2017, 12:51 AM
Rex Tillerson hearing underway
Just tuned in. Jeff Sessions killed it yesterday. The line of questioning is all about Russia, about the unsubstantiated claims of Russian hacking.

Just smile, nod, tell them what they want to hear, then continue your agenda.

Sent from my Z716BL using Tapatalk

"True love is eventually measured by your willingness and ability to become a MONSTER to defend those you love"
- Kai Murros
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2017, 03:27 AM
RE: Rex Tillerson hearing underway
video?
01-12-2017, 09:33 AM
Quote:Marco Rubio Lectures Rex Tillerson: Vladimir Putin Is a War Criminal
[Image: AP_17011511445080-640x480.jpg]
Sen. Marco Rubio challenged Donald Trump’s pick for Secretary of State Rex Tillerson for his views on Vladimir Putin, demanding to know whether he thought the Russian president was a war criminal.

“I would not use that term,” Tillerson replied.

Rubio listed public reports of Putin-linked bombings and attacks on civilians as well as public reports of civilian dissidents, political opponents and journalists dying under mysterious circumstances.

“I would want to have much more information before reaching a conclusion,” Tillerson replied, calling Rubio’s concerns “very serious charges.”

Rubio specifically referred to Russia’s actions in Syria, describing Putin’s actions as “war crimes.”

“I find it discouraging your inability to cite that, which I think is globally accepted,” Rubio replied.

Tillerson said he would like more detailed information about Russia’s action before advising the president.

“I look forward if confirmed to becoming fully informed, but I am not willing to make conclusions on what’s only publicly available,” Tillerson replied.

“None of this is classified, Mr. Tillerson,” Rubio replied. “These people are dead.”

Tillerson shot back that he didn’t dispute that the people were dead, but wanted more information before advising the president’s reaction.

Rubio also challenged Tillerson’s response calling economic sanctions of countries “troubling,” after he also said he would need more information before advising the president on such issues.

Rubio’s aggressive stance was not unexpected after he signaled in December that he was concerned about Tillerson’s closeness with Putin, while the nominee did business with Russia as the CEO of ExxonMobil.

Republicans and Democrats are likely to use the Tillerson hearings to highlight their differences with President-elect Trump on Russia.
01-12-2017, 10:07 AM
(01-12-2017 09:33 AM)kungfool Wrote:  
Quote:Republicans and Democrats are likely to use the Tillerson hearings to highlight their differences with President-elect Trump on Russia.

Is Trump de facto head of Republicans now that he got elected?
I mean, is the POTUS commonly considered head of his party? (I know he's not chairman)
01-12-2017, 01:22 PM
There's an unwritten rule that the party follows the president. I'm not sure if the GOP is going to stick to it now. Trump is going to be fighting the neocons the whole way.
01-12-2017, 11:30 PM
(01-12-2017 09:33 AM)kungfool Wrote:  
Quote:Marco Rubio Lectures Rex Tillerson: Vladimir Putin Is a War Criminal
[Image: AP_17011511445080-640x480.jpg]
Sen. Marco Rubio challenged Donald Trump’s pick for Secretary of State Rex Tillerson for his views on Vladimir Putin, demanding to know whether he thought the Russian president was a war criminal.

“I would not use that term,” Tillerson replied.

Rubio listed public reports of Putin-linked bombings and attacks on civilians as well as public reports of civilian dissidents, political opponents and journalists dying under mysterious circumstances.

“I would want to have much more information before reaching a conclusion,” Tillerson replied, calling Rubio’s concerns “very serious charges.”

Rubio specifically referred to Russia’s actions in Syria, describing Putin’s actions as “war crimes.”

“I find it discouraging your inability to cite that, which I think is globally accepted,” Rubio replied.

Tillerson said he would like more detailed information about Russia’s action before advising the president.

“I look forward if confirmed to becoming fully informed, but I am not willing to make conclusions on what’s only publicly available,” Tillerson replied.

“None of this is classified, Mr. Tillerson,” Rubio replied. “These people are dead.”

Tillerson shot back that he didn’t dispute that the people were dead, but wanted more information before advising the president’s reaction.

Rubio also challenged Tillerson’s response calling economic sanctions of countries “troubling,” after he also said he would need more information before advising the president on such issues.

Rubio’s aggressive stance was not unexpected after he signaled in December that he was concerned about Tillerson’s closeness with Putin, while the nominee did business with Russia as the CEO of ExxonMobil.

Republicans and Democrats are likely to use the Tillerson hearings to highlight their differences with President-elect Trump on Russia.

Rubio is such a worthless f*ggot

I guess it didn't matter whether we elected Clinton or Trump.
01-13-2017, 12:45 AM
did they discuss soros the war criminal who actually has an arrest warrant out for him?

yeah i didnt think so
01-13-2017, 02:56 AM
General Mattis confirmation hearing live now:

It's just a bunch of senators kissing his ass, lol.

The man is a true General's General. Trump wasn't wrong.
01-13-2017, 06:10 AM
They can't even pronounce his name correctly. More than one were fumbling with it saying Voldmere or Voldimore.

--I Eat Grits--
01-18-2017, 01:14 PM
During confirmation Tillerson showed himself to be the Perfect pick for Secy. Of State. It is refreshing (understatement of the day) to see someone speak with a level-headed, clarity regarding Russia and China.
When was the last time we've seen someone at this level with a backbone??

America has become much too accustomed to spineless bureaucrats, diplomats and leaders who are only skilled at double speak, giving non-answers and arrogantly lying to the American people.
Distract. Lie. Blame. Repeat.

This is a good watch - Well worth the time!

Just try not to throw something at your screen every time a senator, true to form, wants Tillerson to "just say it was Russia", "admit it's Russia" "Why can't you just say it's Russia?!", "Why won't you call Putin a war criminal??"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  1999 Washington Post article: When Seeing and Hearing Isn't Believing pug-thug 6 5,037 05-18-2019 06:39 AM
Last Post: jho
  Soros funded freaks handing out money to paid protestors @ kavanaugh hearing pug-thug 2 911 09-06-2018 10:12 PM
Last Post: pug-thug
  AJ's son, rex jones challenges David Hogg to a debate pug-thug 23 4,291 03-31-2018 03:53 PM
Last Post: Ghost of Hellfire Awaits
  Croat general drinks poison on live TV after hearing his sentence for war crimes pug-thug 11 3,273 12-02-2017 07:54 AM
Last Post: pug-thug