Login | Register

Meryl Streep says martial arts are not "art"
01-10-2017, 02:05 AM
Meryl Streep says martial arts are not "art"
Wtf is this senile hag talking about?

Quote:'Viola (Davis) was born in a sharecroppers cabin in South Carolina, came up in Central Falls, Rhode Island. Sarah Paulson was born in Florida, raised by a single mom in Brooklyn,' she said.

'Sarah Jessica Parker was one of seven or eight kids from Ohio. Amy Adams was born in Vicenzia, Italy, and Natalie Portman was born in Jerusalem.

'Where are their birth certificates?' she asked.

'The beautiful Ruth Negga was born in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and was raised in Ireland and she's here nominated for playing a small-town girl from Virginia.

'Ryan Gosling, like all the nicest people is Canadian. Dev Patel was born in Kenya, raised in London, is here playing an Indian, raised in Tasmania.

'Hollywood is crawling with outsiders and foreigners and if you kick them all out, you'll have nothing to watch but football and mixed martial arts, which are not the arts,' Streep said to loud applause.

First of all, I haven't heard Trump talk about kicking out any of these people or anyone like them. To my knowledge, they are all legal immigrants. Davis and Paulson were born in America, not sure why she's even mentioning them. Very strange.

As far as martial arts not being an art, I wish she would've corrected us about this earlier so we could stop calling them the "martial ARTS." Certainly these systems of combat that have been developed and refined over thousands of years do not rise to the level of putting on a costume and pretending to be someone else in front of a camera.

I wonder if Streep would tell Hollywood darling Muhammad Ali that what he did wasn't an art, but a barbaric waste of time.

Meryl Streep has designated herself the arbiter of what is and isn't "art". And these people wonder why they are seen as out of touch elitists. The average American doesn't have the opportunity to get on a stage in front of millions of people and refute the silly and condescending statements Streep makes. But they were able to get in a voting booth and stick it right up her ass.

EvilYoshida.com, winning hearts and minds since 2013.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2017, 02:19 AM
RE: Meryl Streep says martial arts are not "art"
A conservative with a good amount of followers on twitter of fb should call for a boycott of Hollywood movies, because this is just getting ridiculous. Set it up like they did with the Target transgender bathroom boycott, where you sign a pledge not to spend your money with these people. I think it would be successful, and I think it would make Hollywood squirm.
01-10-2017, 02:30 AM
Here's Ms. Streep accepting a Golden Globe and whining and bitching about Trump with her crackling, used up old voice box. Pathetic

She takes herself a wee bit too seriously doesn't she?
01-10-2017, 02:33 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2017 02:36 AM by Winnson.)
5:44 is a close up of Vince Vaugn and Mel Gibson listening to the old hag prattle on and on and on. Classic.
01-10-2017, 02:51 AM
(01-10-2017 02:33 AM)Winnson Wrote:  5:44 is a close up of Vince Vaugn and Mel Gibson listening to the old hag prattle on and on and on. Classic.

LOL!

[Image: CoA9pfv.jpg]
[Image: ESW87u3.jpg]
[Image: GWwzPx4.jpg]
[Image: 0JcAbNm.jpg]
[Image: 8xlVshA.jpg]

“Reality denied comes back to haunt.”
― Philip K. Dick, Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said
01-10-2017, 04:04 AM
Haha yeah. At first everyone was in love, but after she prattled on and on and on and on, even that crowd started getting a little tired of the old windbag.
01-10-2017, 04:26 AM
Meryl Streep is one of the worst actresses I've ever seen.

She was probably good in Kramer vs. Kramer and Ironweed.

But I can't remember a movie in the last 20-30 years that wasn't nearly ruined by her being in it.

A truly terrible actress.
01-10-2017, 04:35 AM
MMA in the US isn't art I agree with her. it's science. scientific conditioning and extreme weight cutting.

now Pride I believe that is quasi-art. More spirit involved and the environment is more festive.
01-10-2017, 04:41 AM
It's questionable whether "acting" is an art as well I suppose.

All you really have to do is mimic real emotion.

It takes some skill to do well, much like learning mixed martial arts.

But I'm not sure why one is art and the other one is not.
01-10-2017, 04:43 AM
(01-10-2017 02:30 AM)Winnson Wrote:  Here's Ms. Streep accepting a Golden Globe and whining and bitching about Trump with her crackling, used up old voice box. Pathetic

She takes herself a wee bit too seriously doesn't she?

She shows all the signs of a complete and total ego-maniac.
01-10-2017, 04:45 AM
Sorry if I'm a bit fiery and over-the-top with my opinions.

I'm trying to quite smoking right now. The slightest thing has a tendency to set one off.
01-10-2017, 04:46 AM
acting and martial arts are both quasi arts.

both are mostly functional.

if art is defined as expression of the self than maybe acting isn't really an art since it's all about mimicking or feigning.

true art is more like music, visual art, architecture etc. where design and pure creativity is involved.
01-10-2017, 04:46 AM
(01-10-2017 04:45 AM)THE_DEAN Wrote:  Sorry if I'm a bit fiery and over-the-top with my opinions.

I'm trying to quite smoking right now. The slightest thing has a tendency to set one off.

why are you trying to quit? the easiest way is to do the e-cigs.

the addiction is more to do with the habit of taking the smoke break rather than the nicotine itself imo

Those who know, know! Big Grin
01-10-2017, 04:49 AM
Sheer force of will if you really want to give them up for good.

Good luck Dean. Do or do not - there is no try.

come for the calo, stay for the yoshida brotha
01-10-2017, 04:51 AM
Quitting smoking is easy. I've done it dozens of times.

“Reality denied comes back to haunt.”
― Philip K. Dick, Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Young man disappears in Brazil leaves behind weird art, 20,000 cryptic messages jho 14 833 07-24-2017 03:27 PM
Last Post: Texas Samurai
  LOL art EVILYOSHIDA 9 176 07-17-2017 11:24 PM
Last Post: CTsar
  Rosie O'Donnell Calls for MARTIAL LAW to Stop Trump BRIC Countries 10 897 01-16-2017 02:49 PM
Last Post: EVILYOSHIDA
  Meryl Streep defends convicted child rapist Roman Polanski BRIC Countries 4 766 01-13-2017 11:20 PM
Last Post: GMB13