Login | Register

Alcoholics Anonymous and the Occult
05-08-2013, 08:09 PM
Alcoholics Anonymous and the Occult
I ran across this the other day and thought that Yoshida and Redneck may find it interesting.

Quote:http://mywordlikefire.com/2010/12/28/ran...d-history/

According to his official AA biography, Alcoholics Anonymous co-founder Bill Wilson states, “The ouija board began moving in earnest. What followed was the fairly usual experience-it was a strange melange of Aristotle, St. Francis, diverse archangels with odd names, deceased friends–some in purgatory and others doing nicely, thank you! There were malign and mischievious ones of all descriptions telling of vices quite beyond my ken, even as former alcoholics. Then, the seemingly virtuous entities would elbow them out with messages of comfort, information, advice—and sometimes just sheer nonsense.” (PASS IT ON, pg. 278)

From another page on the same site:

Quote:http://mywordlikefire.com/2009/11/27/har...anonymous/

Hard Truth About Alcoholics Anonymous

In Seances, Spirits, and 12 Steps (Here), we examined the spiritualism of Alcoholics Anonymous cofounders Bill Wilson and, to a lesser extent, Dr. Bob Smith.(Dr. Bob was a proctologist who once said that alcoholism was caused by an allergy to alcohol...more proof that the "Big Book" is a crock of shit. Yet Steppists take this postulation as gospel because he was a doctor!--DC) We observed that Bill Wilson, the man who wrote the 12 Steps, was involved in psychic activity for decades. While some may attempt to claim Wilson as Christian or insist he was used by Jesus Christ, his spiritual service was in reality to the god of this world.[1] He was a man who cared deeply about his fellow alcoholics, but he was never a Christian.

Bill Wilson was a member of a sect called The Oxford Group, which was founded by a Nazi sympathizer named Frank Buchmann. It's now widely considered a cult, but it had a lot of traction in the 1930's. AA's Twelve Steps are taken directly from the Oxford Group's seven steps that were believed to bring a man closer to God. Many times, anti-AA people use the word "Buchmanite" to refer to AA members in a derogatory fashion. It'll go right over the head of most Steppists, but the old timers and "trusted servants" of AA will know EXACTLY what it means, even if they are in denial about AA's cult roots.

But I digress. If you can get past the Bible thumping, there's a lot of interesting (and true) stuff about "Bill W." and his dabblings in the the occult, and how they affected AA.

Here in a little while, I'll tell you all the truth about Bill Wilson's "spiritual experience" that the Big Book says every drunk must have to get sober.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2013, 08:15 PM
RE: Alcoholics Anonymous and the Occult
Yah. Their logo is quite masonic as well. Good post

Those who know, know! Big Grin
05-08-2013, 08:42 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2013 08:49 PM by Daniel Carver.)
To give you a little background, Bill Wilson was a complete scum bucket. He was a stock cheat who, today, would have been imprisoned for insider trading and a slew of other offenses (we won't get into his womanizing and his idea to give every alcoholic LSD at meetings.) He also liked to drink...A LOT. He periodically found himself in drunk tanks and detox wards in hospitals. During one stay, he was given what was known as "The Belladonna Cure" by a doctor named Silkworth, and a snake oil salesman named Charles Town. It was a drug cocktail made up of belladonna, henbane, zanthoxylum (which eases gastrointestinal discomfort), barbiturates, megavitamins, morphine, apomorphine and some other ingredients. This "cure" was given to Town by a drunk in a bar...really! Towns was a Georgia insurance salesman who made a fortune dosing middle-class addicts with hyoscyamine and strychnine, drugs that he said would cure all that ails them, including alcoholism and opium addiction.

Anyway, Silkworth injected Bill W. with this mixture and fed him other mind altering drugs continuously for days, and as expected when people are given large doses of hallucinogenic drugs, opiates and barbiturates, while experiencing DT's, with members of The Oxford group standing over his bed preaching, Bill started to trip balls. He claimed that the room was bathed in a mysterious light, and...well, let's take it from the stock swindler's own mouth:

Quote:All at once I found myself crying out, "If there is a God, let Him show himself! I am ready to do anything, anything!"
Suddenly the room lit up with a great white light. I was caught up in an ecstasy which there are no words to describe. It seemed to me in my mind's eye, that I was on a mountain and that a wind not of air but of spirit was blowing. And then it burst upon me that I was a free man. Slowly the ecstasy subsided. I lay there on the bed, but now for a time I was in another world, a new world of consciousness... and I thought to myself, "So this is the God of the preachers!" A great peace stole over me...

--Alcoholics Anonymous Comes Of Age (1957), William G. Wilson, page 63.

So the "spiritual experience" that AA says every alcoholic must have in order to get sober was actually a "bad trip" cause by a cocktail of mind-bending drugs! Alcoholics all over the world have been trying to get this "spiritual experience" that Bill Wilson by praying, and then think that they're "not working a good program" when they can't do it sober!

If you ever get bored, download and read a copy of AA's "Twelve Steps and Twelve Conditions." This is one of the most insane and vicious books around. It is right there with Mein Kampf as far as its ratio of lies to truth, as well as hate content, is concerned. It is ostensibly Bill Wilson's explanation of his Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, but it is really something quite dark and evil. It's Bill Wilson's poisonous contempt for human nature masquerading as "spirituality." It was written while Wilson was in the middle of his eleven-year-long bout of deep clinical depression, and it really shows. It's a brutal, hateful assault on the character of people who happen to have a drinking problem. Bill Wilson hated himself and his own character flaws, so he projected all of his own weaknesses and character flaws onto the alcoholics around him, and also onto a mythical stereotypical alcoholic, and then said, "Look at him. Look at how disgusting he is. We are all like that." This whole book is non-stop guilt induction, and it's considered one of the cornerstones of addiction treatment.

By the way, Bill Wilson said in a letter to Father Edward Dowling, S.J., that he was getting "good help" in writing this book from the spirits "over there" in the spirit world whom he contacted during séances. Father Dowling answered that he feared that Bill might be messing with evil, lying, spirits from the dark side. Yeah, no shit! (If you believe in that sort of thing, that is.)
05-08-2013, 11:56 PM
Good thread.

AA is a strange cult indeed. It is overwhelmingly clear that they preach lies, superstition and pseudo science, yet the members refuse to acknowledge that.

The disease theory is not proven scientific fact as they claim it to be.

They claim to be spiritual not religious, but their roots are in Christanity. They talk constantly of God including multiple times in the 12 steps.

They use group speak like any other cult, repeating sayings over and over without thinking about it. In fact, they are encouraged not to think - "Quit your stinkin' thinking" and "your best thinking got you here".

Contrary to their claims, they absolutely do use front groups to promote their agenda. One of their front groups is a pseudo medical group used to promote the disease theory.

They tell all new members to attend 90 meetings in 90 days. This is the brainwashing / indoctrination period.

It has been alleged that millions of AA dollars may go unaccounted for every year. AA expects donations at every meetings, and solicits donations from private persons and or businesses. People used to give so much money to AA, the group had to make rules about donations limits. People were giving millions. I believe the donation limit is now $2000 a year.

AA uses subversion of the First Amendment to bring in new members. A huge amount of AA members are court ordered to be there. However courts have also shown that AA is indeed a religious group. Therefore forcing someone to attend AA is Unconstitutional. People have gone to court with this and won many times. However it is still standard practice to sentence offenders to AA meetings, and AA has no problem taking them in.

AA does have a "charismatic leader" figure in Dr. Bob and Bill W. They are both exalted and looked at as infallible. In fact many splinter groups have broken away from mainstream AA in order to follow Dr Bob and Bill W more closely.

AA has managed to find its way into jails, schools and rehabs across the country. They are usually the only option in those places. Something like 90% of those institutions offer AA or 12 step as their main program. Obviously that is very distressing.

EvilYoshida.com, winning hearts and minds since 2013.
05-09-2013, 01:07 AM
Johan is spot on. 93% of treatment centers use some form of Steppism. The Disease Theory has so many holes in it that I don't see how anyone can take it seriously. Sure, the official position of the AMA is that addiction is a disease, but almost 80% of us physicians believe that it's a behavior disorder. Those same brain scans that they use to "prove" that addiction is a disease also show the brain lighting up in the same way when people think about their jobs or their preferred brand of laundry detergent. Is brand preference now a disease?

As for the splinter groups, I suggest reading up on The Pacific Group and the Midtown Group. Cults to the extreme that have caused TONS of harm to its members. They've both put members to work as slaves to their sponsors...the drunks are told that if they don't fetch the sponsors' dry cleaning or clean the sponsors' homes, they're doomed to an alcoholic death.

Thought-stopping slogans and platitudes are the rule of the day. People are routinely told to NEVER question the Big Book or the effectiveness of the Steps. Many believe that the Big Book was divinely inspired. They love using circular logic: if you work the Steps and get sober, it proves the Steps work. If you work the Steps and don't get sober, you didn't do something right, therefore the Steps work.

AA ignores their own principle of "attraction, not promotion" by going to judges and BEGGING them to send people to AA. Now AA is full of rapists, pedophiles, murderers and con artists, and their criminal activity runs rampant in the rooms. The victims are often so brainwashed that they refuse to go to the police. Rape victims are often told by the old timers to "look for their role" in the crimes that take place, thus shifting the blame to the victims.

There's a good reason why the AMA won't recognize addictionology as a medical specialty. The American Society of Addiction Medicine is basically owned and operated by Steppists.
05-09-2013, 02:00 AM
During my run in with the law 2 years ago, a judge included in my sentencing a REQUIREMENT that I do a 60 meetings in 60 days at AA. And I had to get someone there to sign my notebook to prove I went....lol.

So much for the anonymous part.

Meanwhile, alcohol was never my problem anymore than anyone else who enjoys a few drinks once a week. Opiates were my problem but I wasn't allowed to bring that up at the AA meetings. The whole thing was ridiculous.
05-09-2013, 02:03 AM
(05-09-2013 02:00 AM)Fugazi Wrote:  During my run in with the law 2 years ago, a judge included in my sentencing a REQUIREMENT that I do a 60 meetings in 60 days at AA. And I had to get someone there to sign my notebook to prove I went....lol.

So much for the anonymous part.

Meanwhile, alcohol was never my problem anymore than anyone else who enjoys a few drinks once a week. Opiates were my problem but I wasn't allowed to bring that up at the AA meetings. The whole thing was ridiculous.

Many people have challenged sentences that involve AA in court, and have won. There are tons of courts that have ruled that AA is a religion, even at the Appeals level, and mandating AA attendance is a violation of a citizens' First Amendment rights. Judges still send people because it never occurs to most people to object to being sentenced to religious services, and many judges and court officers are Buchmanites themselves.
05-09-2013, 02:55 AM
Interesting. I had no knowledge of AA besides the 12 step deal before I went so the religious part didn't occur to me when I was sentenced. But it only took a few visits to realize that's what it was. It kind of reminded me of the days when I was a kid being forced to go to Catholic church. The same prayers being chanted over and over again and a sense that some people there acted spiritually superior to others, etc.

Anyway, I stopped going after a week and just forged the signatures I needed. I would have continued had I felt it was helping me in some way but I actually felt like I was subtly being told to expect relapse after relapse.
05-09-2013, 03:02 AM
A lot of repeat offenders have found out that due to AA's tradition of anonymity and lack of trained group facilitators, there's no way to verify the signatures.

Many people have no clue what AA/NA is, and what they're really all about. They've gotten their info from movies and TV. For example, the "Big Book" offers no advice to drunks on how to actually stop drinking. It just tells drunks that they are spiritually sick and/or insane, and that they need God in their lives...and if God doesn't release them from the grips of their drinking, they either aren't working the Steps correctly or they're an "unfortunate" who is "constitutionally incapable of honesty."
05-09-2013, 03:16 AM
they believe anything can be your god.. even a doorknob.

05-09-2013, 03:58 AM
(05-09-2013 03:16 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  they believe anything can be your god.. even a doorknob.

Yeah, and it kind of falls flat on its face when you actually apply Steppist logic.

1. We admitted we were powerless over alcohol - that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a doorknob could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of the doorknob as we understood Him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to the doorknob, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have the doorknob remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked the doorknob to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory, and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with the doorknob, praying only for knowledge of the doorknob's will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

In the end, they just say they're not religious to get you in the door...just as many treatment centers will actively lie to inquiring addicts when they ask if the program is 12-Step based. They'll say whatever they think you want to hear to get you through the doors, and then the indoctrination into their Steppist faith begins. I did my psych rotation at one of the largest, best-known rehabs in the nation and have seen this stuff first hand. I was appalled at what went on in the treatment facility, and at the AA/NA meetings outside of the facility.
05-09-2013, 04:03 AM
[Image: AA%2Blogo.jpg]

the square and the equilateral triangle.. two of the core masonic symbols.

05-09-2013, 04:08 AM
And if these quotes don't scream out "cult!" then nothing does.
Quote: "I decided I must place this program above everything else, even my family, because if I did not maintain my sobriety I would lose my family anyway."
--The Big Book, 3rd Edition — Chapter B10, He Sold Himself Short, page 293.

And a rehash of the Big Book that is targeted at youths tells this story of an allegedly-successful recovery:

Quote:"Even after she remarries, she doesn't lose sight of her priorities. She places God first and A.A. second. Her husband is never more than the third most important aspect of her life."
--Big Book Unplugged; A Young Person's Guide to Alcoholics Anonymous, John R., page 107.
05-09-2013, 04:09 AM
what's sad is that a lot of these AA meetings are taking place in churches all over the US.

they are getting trolled.

this stuff is not Christian.

05-09-2013, 04:15 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2013 04:22 AM by Daniel Carver.)
Another boring quote, this time from George Vaillant, a Harvard Professor who also happens to sit on AA's Board.

Quote:To me, alcoholism became a fascinating disease. It seemed perfectly clear that ... by turning to recovering alcoholics [A.A. members] rather than to Ph.D.'s for lessons in breaking self-detrimental and more or less involuntary habits, and by inexorably moving patients from dependence upon the general hospital into the treatment system of A.A., I was working for the most exciting alcohol program in the world.

But then came the rub. Fueled by our enthusiasm, I and the director, William Clark, tried to prove our efficacy. ...

... After initial discharge, only five patients in the Clinic sample never relapsed to alcoholic drinking, and there is compelling evidence that the results of our treatment were no better than the natural history of the disease.

Not only had we failed to alter the natural history of alcoholism, but our death rate of three percent a year was appalling.

--The Natural History of Alcoholism: Causes, Patterns, and Paths to Recovery, George E. Vaillant, Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA, 1983, pages 283-285.

(05-09-2013 04:09 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  what's sad is that a lot of these AA meetings are taking place in churches all over the US.

they are getting trolled.

this stuff is not Christian.

The churches usually don't know or care what goes on in "the rooms" until something happens that exposes them to liability or bad publicity, such as the scandal with The Midtown Group.

Quote:"Since I gave my will over to A.A., whatever A.A. has wanted of me I've tried to do to the best of my ability."
--The Big Book, 3rd Edition, page 340.

I'm sorry if I'm flooding or monopolizing this thread...this is a subject that's touchy to me, and one of the actual conspiracies/occult things I know quite a bit about. I'm sick of being a cog in the addiction "treatment industry's" wheel.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  MORPHIC RESONANCE and the OCCULT pug-thug 48 13,714 09-16-2018 11:01 AM
Last Post: pug-thug
  What 20th c. / current occult global organization is the Illuminati's successor? Rako 10 2,097 11-21-2017 10:30 AM
Last Post: jho
Rainbow Monarch Programming, The Occult, and the Music Industry THE_DEAN 212 81,950 09-26-2017 11:06 PM
Last Post: Glimmer
  Genki Sudo and the Occult pug-thug 34 9,934 07-25-2017 06:57 PM
Last Post: pug-thug