Login | Register

Prepping basics. (US Only)
10-20-2016, 12:04 AM
Prepping basics. (US Only)
In talking to Dagwood about the expectation of market collapse come election time, I figured I'd share this.

Its an article with 23 essentials for food with links so you can have it shipped to your door cheaper than going to the grocery store. All of these items were chosen for their extended shelf life and nutritional value.

https://uscrow.org/2012/12/01/23-critica...al-bunker/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-20-2016, 04:05 AM
RE: Prepping basics. (US Only)
Great list, thanks for sharing this.

I have a hurricane kit packed, so I might wait until the elections are over before i really start digging in.

I guess it didn't matter whether we elected Clinton or Trump.
10-20-2016, 06:06 AM
Browse that site a little. Its gear more towards militia types. You can find everything from food like that, manufacturing Suppressors and bodyarmor, DIY generators, combat tactics, etc. One of my favorite I read at least once a week is how to hide from forward looking infrared, ala drones.
10-20-2016, 07:06 AM
thanks for sharing, but there will be no apocalypse unless a foreign country attacks with full force

even with a huge economic meltdown the cows, chickens , factories etc. will still be there.

the roads will be there.. it's just a lot of fictitious money will go missing
10-20-2016, 07:28 AM
(10-20-2016 07:06 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  thanks for sharing, but there will be no apocalypse unless a foreign country attacks with full force

even with a huge economic meltdown the cows, chickens , factories etc. will still be there.

Don't underestimate the chaos that can be cause if/when a power grid gets knocked out. No electricity means no refrigeration. Suddenly everyone is eating canned goods. Then knock out the fuel supplies and shipping breaks down. People then are wishing they had stocked up on bags of beans, rice and canned goods ahead of time.
10-20-2016, 07:40 AM
True. The other scenario besides war with another country if there is a civil war, but I don't see that happening.

there is just too much abundance now for there to be a mass starvation scenario imo

but it's always good to keep some things around in case something happens temporarily. i do not think any chaotic situation can last for more than months in the modern age.
10-20-2016, 10:06 AM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2016 10:07 AM by Dagwood.)
From other thread mentioned in OP...

(10-19-2016 10:21 PM)Dagwood Wrote:  
(10-19-2016 09:37 PM)Avandir Wrote:  
(10-19-2016 08:27 AM)DonJohnson Wrote:  
(10-19-2016 08:11 AM)CTsar Wrote:  we need a brave white man to step up and do what needs to be done. You'd think that with so many random school shootings happening every year (a few of them being possibly real). Why not do something that matters and actually wound the NWO?

there is no uprising anymore. men have separated from their primitive nature. too far removed by creature comfort.

plus the weaponry disparity now is laughable. what are this group of people going to do? use their glocks and get drone bombed?

in the old days it was knives and revolvers. an uprising can overthrow a government. sure. but today, there is no such contest.

Disparity counts for crap. America has lost every war since Vietnam. If uneducated farmers, mountain people, and well, Iraqi's can beat the most highly trained and intelligent fighting force that has ever been, then the average American can do it, too.

Only a fool takes on a tank head on. No, instead the fight the lightly armored convoy carrying the tanks fuel.

You probably are but... make sure to take as much cash out of the bank as you can before Nov 8th. If Hillary is put out there as the winner, you got a good portion of 150M+ Trump voters that will take to the streets. And, I don't mean no little BLM or Ocuppy Wall St. kinda scenario.

Wednesday morning market open on Nov. 9th after Hillary win and US civil unrest will see world markets crash and circuit breakers everywhere suspend trading indefinately like on 9/11. Same thing will happen at ATM's at some point if people are freaked enough and try to get a lot of emergency cash at once.

Sad to say, but world markets will also crash if Trump would ever win (zero possibility to me)... though there probably wouldn't be a run on the banks. Think Brexit market aftermath on steroids.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-20-2016, 11:57 AM
(10-20-2016 07:28 AM)pilgrim Wrote:  
(10-20-2016 07:06 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  thanks for sharing, but there will be no apocalypse unless a foreign country attacks with full force

Don't underestimate the chaos that can be cause if/when a power grid gets knocked out. No electricity means no refrigeration. Suddenly everyone is eating canned goods. Then knock out the fuel supplies and shipping breaks down. People then are wishing they had stocked up on bags of beans, rice and canned goods ahead of time.

power and fuel go down, you better hope you have a strong supply of propane or wood cuz that rice aint gonna boil itself.

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman
10-20-2016, 12:30 PM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2016 12:31 PM by Dagwood.)
(10-20-2016 11:57 AM)canuckster Wrote:  power and fuel go down, you better hope you have a strong supply of propane or wood cuz that rice aint gonna boil itself.

One tactic to suppress mass public unrest toward the government is to shut down the power grid. This way people will be forced to remain in their homes, as well as to be there to protect them from looting.
10-20-2016, 12:58 PM
I've learned something from that list.

If the excrement ever hits the air conditioning, I'm not going to last very long.

"If you don't love all, you love no one" - Reverend Jesse Lee Peterson
10-20-2016, 07:23 PM
I was fully prepped for the zombie apocalypse about 5-6 years ago, but as time moved on I let my supplies dwindle and couldn't see the point in re-investing in more. I still have my precious metals, weapons, and a minimal collection of canned and freeze dried food, but nothing like I once had.

Like EY said, it's hard to imagine the wild west just because there is financial collapse. There has been examples of total breakdown of society in some South American, and third world countries when the banks shut their doors and the ATMs don't work, but even then it only lasts for a few days, maybe a week.
10-20-2016, 07:59 PM
Armed revolts can take only one spark. History shows this time and time again. All it takes is the national guard, after a rigged Hillary win, trying to knock down big protests then shooting protesters, like at Kent State, to get an armed reaction from patriots. A single event like that could absolutely start a some type of armed rebellion.

No doubt there would be many conceled carry citizens in the protests, as well as real long weapons in open carry jurisdictions. That is about a 'hair trigger' situation you could ever have during protests. No other place in the world would have masses of armed protesters. Their governments make sure they can't get guns. Mass protest vs government forces in the US is a whole different ball of wax.

Remember it was only an unarmed left-leaning hippy movement confronting the government throughout the US at the time of Kent State in 1970. Trump has millions upon millions armed right wing patriots, pissed offed real men, and former military behind what he is standing for. You get a Kent State scenario here.... and there's gonna be major armed resistance to what the national guard and/or regular US military will try to do.
10-20-2016, 08:36 PM
Bear in mind I'm talking from my perspective from Australia. We are just too casual to have an uprising. She'll be right mate, no biggie.
10-20-2016, 10:08 PM
If Hillary gets elected we could see a civil war. However even in such a scenario I don't see a Mad Max situation developing.
10-20-2016, 11:18 PM
(10-20-2016 07:40 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  True. The other scenario besides war with another country if there is a civil war, but I don't see that happening.

there is just too much abundance now for there to be a mass starvation scenario imo

but it's always good to keep some things around in case something happens temporarily. i do not think any chaotic situation can last for more than months in the modern age.

I think your underestimating the shock of a collapse. If the trucks stop running, grocery stores will be empty within a few days. Just look an instances like hurricane Katrina. That was pure hell on earth.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  been adding pandemic supplies to my usual Prepping Beefsteak Charlie 30 988 03-16-2020 11:35 AM
Last Post: Beefsteak Charlie
  The English Wheel Basics what 6 3,107 09-15-2015 11:55 AM
Last Post: Billygoat