Login | Register

RIP Quincy Rice aka Train Judo
10-12-2016, 06:13 AM
RIP Quincy Rice aka Train Judo
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/U...:2602718-1

One of his last FB posts.

Quote:Quincy Rice
October 10 at 12:11am ·

Having recited the Serenity prayer a million times, poured through books and articles on the subject and similar pertaining to it, "accepting things I can not change" is something I still have a lot of issues with. Most situations in my life would be so much better if I just left them alone and quit trying to control them..But that fear of having no control runs so deep that it literally terrifies me to a degree I can not even explain. Leaves me sleepless, consumed and constantly strategizing in order that I can find a way to change the situation and feel some measure of peace..I will try to change things a hundred times and in a hundred different ways..Which just makes me look crazy in the end because it comes off like I'm hypocritical, bipolar, or just redundantly insane..especially when one way conflicts with another I will have tried just before it..When in all actuality, the aim is the same.....The whole "Let Go and Let God" philosophy is what I truly need to adopt and apply..And while I understand this from an intellectual perspective and realize sitting here right now, that this is my best option in a lot of situations ..Over riding my emotional response seems more often than not like a lost cause...Hindsight being 20/20, I feel ignorant and pathetic for all the unneeded and ineffective efforts I've put into life's situations which were beyond my control, but the devil lies in the truth that tomorrow I'll catch myself doing it again and will be left to question my sanity once more

.One thing is for sure, I'm going to keep trying....I want its to change and I pray one day it does. If not, I will have wasted so much of my life uselessly..
..Y'all have a great.night...Q

I'm just trying to figure this shit out like you are.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2016, 11:47 AM
RE: RIP Quincy Rice aka Train Judo
SO many old school UGers have passed away like that. Quincy, ArtV, Brian Davis, Evan Tanner, Caldog. Early MMA used attract some lonely types.
10-12-2016, 04:13 PM
RIP

dead soul
10-12-2016, 07:47 PM
RIP Quincy
We're at that age man.

I've been worried about ThereWasAGlitchInTheMatrix aka ClintK9, another old schooler.
I've been sending him messages on different forums, even some dough on Paypal to get his attention.
He was not doing well for some time....no word, no login to mmatv since June....
10-13-2016, 04:10 AM
How did he die?

RIP

come for the calo, stay for the yoshida brotha
10-13-2016, 05:41 AM
(10-12-2016 07:47 PM)sparkuri Wrote:  RIP Quincy
We're at that age man.

I've been worried about ThereWasAGlitchInTheMatrix aka ClintK9, another old schooler.
I've been sending him messages on different forums, even some dough on Paypal to get his attention.
He was not doing well for some time....no word, no login to mmatv since June....

ClintK9 is a great guy and poster. I hope he is alright.
10-13-2016, 06:43 AM
sad. Even though i was a yoshida fan, I think the guy used to argue with me a lot

Suicide is TOTALLY underreported in the US

US suicide rate may be the highest in the world
10-13-2016, 08:00 AM
Did he off himself? No one is talking about what happened to him anywhere on the Internet.

I guess that's why. RIP

How did he go out?
10-13-2016, 08:02 AM
Take this crazy train to the last station, just to see what happens.

There are almost no reasons to check out early. See where it goes.

You're going to have some really good times guaranteed.

You're going to have some really bad times guaranteed.

See where it goes.
10-13-2016, 09:43 AM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2016 09:43 AM by Hiptosser.)
So sad.
I really liked TJ Sad

10-13-2016, 02:32 PM
(10-13-2016 08:00 AM)Winnson Wrote:  Did he off himself? No one is talking about what happened to him anywhere on the Internet.

that usually indicates suicide.
10-13-2016, 04:26 PM
Art went by suicide too right? That is a shame.

come for the calo, stay for the yoshida brotha
10-14-2016, 03:44 AM
it was heroin.

After years of being addicted to prescription pills and then turning to herion. He went to rehab in February 2015 where he became clean and sober and found God. He started leading recovery meetings and helping others struggling with addiction. After almost a year and 8 months into his sobriety, the demons inside of him resurfaced and he relapsed, causing him to overdose.
10-14-2016, 04:40 AM
^Thanks Max Power.
10-14-2016, 05:47 AM
(10-14-2016 03:44 AM)max power Wrote:  it was heroin.

After years of being addicted to prescription pills and then turning to herion. He went to rehab in February 2015 where he became clean and sober and found God. He started leading recovery meetings and helping others struggling with addiction. After almost a year and 8 months into his sobriety, the demons inside of him resurfaced and he relapsed, causing him to overdose.

That fucking sucks.

Things done out of love are beyond good and evil

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  RIP Jake LaMotta CTsar 8 284 09-23-2017 08:24 AM
Last Post: ba_dass
  RIP MMA CTsar 17 1,190 05-22-2017 08:25 PM
Last Post: Redneck
Video Mongolian snaps arm of defending Judo gold medalist Sarah Menezes (Rio 2016) johan 4 1,601 08-25-2016 08:22 PM
Last Post: EVILYOSHIDA
  Crazy Judo Throw "Seoi Nage" By Woman In Street Fight kungfool 22 3,948 06-09-2016 02:50 AM
Last Post: EVILYOSHIDA