Login | Register

Sodium isn't that unhealthy for you imo - Korean Case study
08-01-2016, 09:25 AM
Sodium isn't that unhealthy for you imo - Korean Case study
Quote:Researchers believe salty and pickled foods are most problematic. According to the World Health Organization, a person should eat no more than 5 grams of sodium per day; Koreans eat 13.4g. Key Korean ingredients are kimchi, jang (fermented pastes), soy sauce, sesame, garlic and chili.

reality check. Koreans rank #11 worldwide for longevity

Japanese rank #1. Both countries eat shitloads of sodium.

a bowl of ramen has maybe 200% the daily allowance for sodium

the western health industry has been spreading tons of bull for years.

They also said FAT was bad for you when in reality FAT is needed to digest nutrients.

Those who know, know! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2016, 09:28 AM
RE: Sodium isn't that unhealthy for you imo
ASIA South Korean Women Have Grown the Tallest In The Last 100 Years, Study Says

South Korean women had the greatest increase in height in the past century, a recent study reported. On average, they grew 8 inches taller, a surge higher than any other population on the planet.

The study, published in e Life, looked at the heights of more than 18.6 million individuals in 200 countries. Utilizing previous population-based studies, researchers gathered such personal data from people born between 1896 and 1996.

What they found was that South Korean women grew nearly 8 inches or 20.2 centimeters. Iranian men followed with a height increase of 6.5 inches or 16.5 centimeters.

The tallest group of people were men from the Netherlands, whose average heights is about six feet tall or 182.5 centimeters. The shortest, at four feet six inches or 140.3 centimeters, were women from Guatemala.

“People from different countries grow to different heights. This may be partly due to genetics, but most differences in height between countries have other causes,” the study said.

Men and women from the United States had the smallest increase among high-income countries. They ranked 42nd and 37th respectively, the Washington Post cited.

Americans were among the tallest before World War II. According to the New York Post, the apparent decline may be caused by a diet based on convenience rather than nutrition.

Minimal growth in heights among groups of people were also found in South Asia and parts of Africa. While the study found groups of people who saw an average increase in height over the years, some countries had quite the opposite. Certain groups of people were found to be shorter than they were 50 years back.

University of Sussex’s Alexander Moradi commented on the study:

“I think one thing that one should keep in mind in these studies is that height is a useful indicator of how nutrition and health is developing and that these are closely related to the overall economic development [of a country].”

Researchers say more work needs to be done to figure the underlying causes behind these statistics. They wrote:

“There is a need to better understand why height has changed in different countries by different amounts, and use this information to improve nutrition and health across the world. It would also be valuable to understand how much becoming taller has been responsible for improved health and longevity throughout the world.”

(Visited 1,643 times, 158 visits today)

http://nextshark.com/south-korean-women-grew-tall/

-----

I believe it. THey say look into the diet.

HIGH SODIUM. HIGH FERMENTATION. HIGH PROTEIN. LOTS OF ONIONS AND GARLIC.
08-01-2016, 09:32 AM
lots of salt also makes healthy but untasty foods taste good

seaweed is a superfood that tastes like crap without salt.. but once you add dat slat, it tastes great

koreans eat tons of seaweed. they sit in front of the TV and are just chomping down on giant sized sheets of pressed seaweed
08-01-2016, 09:45 AM
basically all the superfoods you can think of. Koreans eat it. I have observed their diet for awhile.

GARLIC, ONIONS, PERILLA LEAVES, FISH ROE, OYSTERS, SEAWEED

all drenched in high amounts of salt

They have a healthier traditional diet than Japanese imo, BUT they drink more and also many smoke.
08-01-2016, 09:47 AM
I recently halved my sodium intake to lower my blood pressure. It seemed to help, but I also halved my caffeine intake, cleaned up my diet in general and changed my sleep habits so I'm not sure if it was the sodium that was doing it.

Japan and Korea eat more fish than almost anywhere in the world, maybe that helps offset their sodium intake.

EvilYoshida.com, winning hearts and minds since 2013.
08-01-2016, 09:47 AM
The adrenal glands regulate the level of sodium in the body releasing mineralocorticoids. If you eat twice the daily amount they release less hormone, lowering your sodium sensitivity. I think eating too much sodium only becomes an issue when you alreadyhave high blood pressure.
08-01-2016, 09:54 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2016 09:54 AM by jho.)
RE: Sodium isn't that unhealthy for you imo - Korean Case study
Not to mention salt contains essential trace minerals like calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium and iodine, especially Himalayan salt & sea salt.

“Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.”
― Confucius
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-01-2016, 09:58 AM
(08-01-2016 09:47 AM)CTsar Wrote:  The adrenal glands regulate the level of sodium in the body releasing mineralocorticoids. If you eat twice the daily amount they release less hormone, lowering your sodium sensitivity. I think eating too much sodium only becomes an issue when you alreadyhave high blood pressure.

I agree.

Excessive salt is bad if you have high blood pressure

but for normal folks I believe you can safely eat 3x the rda without any problems

also make sure you are hydrated

i observed what koreans and japanese ate for years and discovered that daily they would double or triple the RDA for sodium..yet they were very healthy and the stats prove it

Those who know, know! Big Grin
08-01-2016, 11:13 AM
just ate 2 whole korean cod roe ovaries.

I prob ate 200% the RDA for salt.

i don't feel bad at all. I wash it down with light green tea.

Italians live even longer than koreans and they have a diet high in salts, fats, creams and carbs

USSA health fads are a sham imo
08-01-2016, 11:36 AM
the best feeling is washing brazilian bbq down with coffee at one of those all you can eat stakehouses. They soak all of their meat in coarse salt. you can easily eat over 3x the rda not notice it.
08-01-2016, 12:32 PM
Usually what happens is that the media finds some study and hypes it up well beyond what the researchers themselves claim. Rarely do they bother waiting for numerous studies to be published so that claims can be properly vetted.
08-01-2016, 12:36 PM
refrigeration was basically nonexistent until the last 100 years or so

how did people preserve their food for 10s of thousands of years?

SALT SALT SALT

humans are highly adapted to sodium and without sodium people would not have evolved to this level

salt allowed people to eat very nutritious food all year long without fear of food poisoning/eating rotten food

the NWO health industry is trying to turn all convention wisdom upside down. they attack EVERY natural remedy out there. only their pharma stuff works. HILARIOUS
08-01-2016, 06:45 PM
In the ancient world salt was one of the greatest commodities and people were paid in in.

It was considered to be a wonder mineral, essential for the diet, and as an antiseptic, food preserver etc.

The old saying "worth his salt" comes from those ancient times.
08-01-2016, 09:27 PM
Sugar and wheat are the killers.

--I Eat Grits--
08-02-2016, 07:01 AM
(08-01-2016 09:54 AM)jho Wrote:  Not to mention salt contains essential trace minerals like calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium and iodine, especially Himalayan salt & sea salt.

I'm seeing this negative stuff out there that Himalayan Sea Salt also contains toxins like Lead.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Intriguing Social Study/Commentary of KKKW karasu 15 252 10-29-2019 01:21 AM
Last Post: karasu
  Sandy Hook parent awarded 450k in defamation case Redneck 2 134 10-17-2019 11:31 PM
Last Post: The Anti-Archon
  Addiction Biology Study: Cannabis triggers Psychosis pug-thug 11 393 09-14-2019 03:05 AM
Last Post: Chaos Reigns
  Stefan Molyneux comments on the Epstein case. pug-thug 3 453 07-15-2019 06:19 PM
Last Post: CTsar