Login | Register

F1 Boss Bernie Ecclestone: "Vlad Putin should be Running Europe"
04-21-2016, 08:43 AM
F1 Boss Bernie Ecclestone: "Vlad Putin should be Running Europe"
And Trump would make a fantastic president.

The candid comments from 85-year-old Mr. Ecclestone, chief executive of the Formula One Group, came during a staged conversation with WPP Chief Executive, Sir Martin Sorrell, held in front of a few hundred advertising executives at Advertising Week Europe in London.

Having declared that “Europe has become less important, full stop,” he responded to Sir Martin’s question regarding his admiration for Vladimir Putin saying: “He should be running Europe.”

Sir Martin asked whether that meant Mr. Putin should be governing from Brussels, Mr. Ecclestone replied:

“No, we should get rid of Brussels and he should just be in charge.”

Explaining his admiration for the Russian leader, Mr. Ecclestone said: “He does what he says he’s gonna do, he gets the job done.”

Mr. Putin is not the only political strongman admired by Mr. Ecclestone, he also sees a kindred spirit in Donald Trump and rated him as a future U.S. president, saying:

“I think he’d be fantastic. I’m sure he’s much more flexible than most of them. If he’s made a mistake, he’s more likely to say: ‘It was a good idea at the time.’”

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/04/...ng-europe/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-21-2016, 08:48 AM
RE: F1 Boss Bernie Ecclestone: "Vlad Putin should be Running Europe"

04-21-2016, 01:18 PM
YES!
04-22-2016, 11:39 AM
(04-21-2016 08:43 AM)CTsar Wrote:  And Trump would make a fantastic president.

The candid comments from 85-year-old Mr. Ecclestone, chief executive of the Formula One Group, came during a staged conversation with WPP Chief Executive, Sir Martin Sorrell, held in front of a few hundred advertising executives at Advertising Week Europe in London.

Having declared that “Europe has become less important, full stop,” he responded to Sir Martin’s question regarding his admiration for Vladimir Putin saying: “He should be running Europe.”

Sir Martin asked whether that meant Mr. Putin should be governing from Brussels, Mr. Ecclestone replied:

“No, we should get rid of Brussels and he should just be in charge.”

Explaining his admiration for the Russian leader, Mr. Ecclestone said: “He does what he says he’s gonna do, he gets the job done.”

Mr. Putin is not the only political strongman admired by Mr. Ecclestone, he also sees a kindred spirit in Donald Trump and rated him as a future U.S. president, saying:

“I think he’d be fantastic. I’m sure he’s much more flexible than most of them. If he’s made a mistake, he’s more likely to say: ‘It was a good idea at the time.’”

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/04/...ng-europe/

The successful super rich -- the ones that actually create wealth, not the parasitic class -- know the deal.

Good stuff.
07-09-2019, 01:53 PM
"I'd take a bullet for Putin; should be dictator of Europe"

In a move seemingly designed to wind up everybody west of Moscow, F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone has denounced the Skirpal poisoning as “fake news” and said he’d take a bullet for “good guy” Russian President Vladimir Putin.
In a freewheeling interview with the Times, the 88-year-old billionaire declared that Putin was “too busy” to have ordered the poisoning of double agent Sergey Skripal and his daughter Yulia in Salisbury last March, branding reports of Russian involvement “fake news.”

From there, Ecclestone further professed his admiration for the Russian leader. “If someone had a machine gun and was prepared to shoot Putin, I would stand in front of him,” Ecclestone said. “Because he’s a good guy. He’s never done anything that isn’t doing good things for people.”

He said: "I would like him running Europe. We haven’t got anybody, so it couldn’t be any worse. He does what he says he is going to do. I am not a supporter of democracy. You need a dictator. In a democracy, it gets watered down.”

https://www.rt.com/news/463695-bernie-ec...-good-guy/
07-10-2019, 12:29 AM
it seems like more people are on the authoritarian bandwagon these days

look at the state of US democracy today

in America you have a choice between 2 dictators backed by the same people.

why not just cut the bullshit
07-10-2019, 02:36 AM
(07-10-2019 12:29 AM)pug-thug Wrote:  it seems like more people are on the authoritarian bandwagon these days

look at the state of US democracy today

in America you have a choice between 2 dictators backed by the same people.

why not just cut the bullshit

Democracy was PROMOTED by a guy named Pletho

[Image: Benozzo_Gozzoli%2C_Pletone%2C_Cappella_dei_Magi.jpg]

"He re-introduced Plato's ideas to Western Europe during the 1438–1439 Council of Florence"

That is an interesting way to say he was one of the early proponents of the benefits of democracy. Oh, and turns out he was financed by one of the billionaires (equivalent) of the day, Cosimo Medici.

[Image: Cosimo_di_Medici_%28Bronzino%29.jpg]

Why would a wealthy (non-noble) ruler like Medici want to spread an idea like democracy? Did he think he would be able to... I don't know, buy influence? Buy votes?

That is my opinion, at the moment, that democracy is too easily subverted by money powers. Look at the US election. How much does it cost to run for President?
07-24-2019, 06:03 PM

07-31-2019, 07:31 AM
wow lol. I never knew Bernie was based like that.

Quote:In a Times interview published on 4 July 2009, Ecclestone said "terrible to say this I suppose, but apart from the fact that Hitler got taken away and persuaded to do things that I have no idea whether he wanted to do or not, he was – in the way that he could command a lot of people – able to get things done."[44] According to Ecclestone: "If you have a look at a democracy it hasn't done a lot of good for many countries — including this one", in reference to the United Kingdom.[44] He also said that his friend of 40 years Max Mosley, the son of British fascist leader Oswald Mosley, "would do a super job" as Prime Minister and added "I don't think his background would be a problem."[44]

Stephen Pollard, editor of The Jewish Chronicle, said: "Mr Ecclestone is either an idiot or morally repulsive. Either he has no idea how stupid and offensive his views are or he does and deserves to be held in contempt by all decent people."[45] In a subsequent interview with The Jewish Chronicle, Ecclestone said that his comments were taken the wrong way, but apologised, saying, "I'm just sorry that I was an idiot. I sincerely, genuinely apologise."[46] However, when Ecclestone was later told by Associated Press that the World Jewish Congress had called for his resignation, he said "it's a pity they didn't sort the banks out," referring to the financial crisis of 2007–2010, and claimed "They have a lot of influence everywhere."[47]
07-31-2019, 08:55 AM
We somehow equate democracy with the will of the people being accomplished. So answer me this. How come the will of the people is done so seldomly, in a democracy?

And how come the population ends up so polarized? Are these things (the will of the people seldom being done and the population being polarized) related?
07-31-2019, 10:31 AM
90% of the people were against the Iraq war in 2003

yet the US still went

Democracy is basically the rule of the bankers

Bankers fund the politicians , and have controlled revolutions every 4 years

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Does This Look Like RUNNING? karasu 4 48 10-18-2019 04:15 AM
Last Post: karasu
  Chinese views of Europe mapped pug-thug 1 110 10-02-2019 01:22 PM
Last Post: pug-thug
  The 1848 Revolutions that rocked most of Europe (birth of nations/Communism?) Chaos Reigns 4 574 06-14-2019 11:55 AM
Last Post: Chaos Reigns
  Dolce & Gabanna BOSS calls China a shit country full of dog eaters in DMs pug-thug 29 2,672 05-18-2019 12:44 AM
Last Post: Banchan