Login | Register

Jeff Monson becomes Russian Citizen
12-23-2015, 04:24 AM
Jeff Monson becomes Russian Citizen
This was an odd find on RT this morning:

RT /Sport Wrote:Punching hard for Xmas: MMA great Monson gets Russian passport, will enter ring under Russian flag
Published time: 22 Dec, 2015 12:05
Edited time: 22 Dec, 2015 12:07
[Image: 56792bdcc46188ab688b45c3.jpg]

Mixed martial arts fighter Jeff Monson is the latest sports star to receive Russian citizenship after legendry boxer Roy Jones Jr. was given a Russian passport. Monson is set to take part in his first fight for his new country on Christmas Day.
“It’s true that my request to receive Russian citizenship has been approved. Now I need to wait for a couple of days and wait for my passport. However, all of the necessary signatures have been taken care of,” Monson told the R-Sport news agency.

[Image: CWvYPxqU8AEa6ZB.jpg]
Jeff Monson with MMA legend Fedor Emelianenko

“On Friday I will enter the ring under a Russian flag. I'm relieved that it finally happened cause it's been a long time, I'm very excited. I feel a lot of pressure to fight for Russia, it's a big responsibility," he added.

Read More
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2015, 04:35 AM
RE: Jeff Monson becomes Russian Citizen
I'm sure you guys remember that Monson was the hipster Che Guevara poser type of Communist. It used to make UFC and Fight-fans uncomfortable. He also made a couple of bumbling political speeches post-fight that were hard to stomach.

Russian citizenship is probably just his mid-life crisis fix; he's always wanted to be edgy. At the same time, I'm sympathetic to defectors. People can only take so much subversion and corruption before they want to just get out. Left-Wingers are always threatening to move to Canada. I wonder if we'll see some celebs relocate to the 'Third Rome' as EY calls it.
12-23-2015, 04:35 AM
I found a breakdown of all his tattoos. I can't believe someone put so much work into this.

1. Flag of anarchy
2 .Motto''Kill Enemy''
3. Capitalism
4. Kimurawear - sponsor
5. Woman kill capitalism
6. Symbol ''Industrial Workers of the World''
7. Another symbol ''Industrial Workers of the World''
8. Symbol ''anarchy''

9. Cartoon favorite girl
10. Japanese symbol - < power> and <bravery>
11.''On The Map''sponsor
12. Autograph footprint Jeff Monson
13. Japanese ieroglif - names of his children Joshua and Mikaela
14. Biblical scene'' Jacob'' symbol of invincible spirit
15. Star - symbol of communism
16. Slogan of freedom and solidarity

17. Snowman
18. Fairy
19. beautiful black star symbol anarcho - communist
20. Dead Girl
21. Skull.
22. Slogan'' No Masters ''
23. ''Solidarity''

[Image: Image2.bmp]
[Image: Image6.bmp]
[Image: Image7.bmp]
[Image: Image5.bmp]
[Image: Image.bmp]
12-23-2015, 04:50 AM
I think Monson is a poor representation of CT, but his heart is in the right place.

Jeff Monson Wrote:“We are an empire. Like I said, we are trying to spread American capitalism, American 'democracy' throughout the world, to let free trade of money, our businesses and corporations, infiltrate other countries, have new markets open up all over the world. I think it's all a part of a master plan,” he told RT in an interview in 2013.
12-23-2015, 04:50 AM
(12-23-2015 04:35 AM)kungfool Wrote:  I'm sure you guys remember that Monson was the hipster Che Guevara poser type of Communist. It used to make UFC and Fight-fans uncomfortable. He also made a couple of bumbling political speeches post-fight that were hard to stomach.

Russian citizenship is probably just his mid-life crisis fix; he's always wanted to be edgy. At the same time, I'm sympathetic to defectors. People can only take so much subversion and corruption before they want to just get out. Left-Wingers are always threatening to move to Canada. I wonder if we'll see some celebs relocate to the 'Third Rome' as EY calls it.

Yeah for the most part I agree with this assesment. I've always seen Monson as the type of guy who listened to too much Rage Against The Machine growing up. I think he's very naive and I think it's weird for him to want to fight under the Russian flag. Now that I think of it, I think it's kinda weird to fight under any flag unless it's the Olympics. But I digress. I would probably agree with the sentiment or spirit of some of Monson's views, but disagree with the conclusions he has drawn from them.

EvilYoshida.com, winning hearts and minds since 2013.
12-23-2015, 04:53 AM
Oh btw I've seen Monson and Dave Camarillo both deny they are Communists. That seems unlikely to me, but to a large extent you are what you say you are in this world.
12-23-2015, 05:01 AM
(12-23-2015 04:50 AM)johan Wrote:  I've always seen Monson as the type of guy who listened to too much Rage Against The Machine growing up.

Spot on. I was a little RAtM fanatic at 13 but grew out of it easily.

These types always fall for the Noam Chomsky gatekeeper Left stuff.
Anarcho-Syndicalism. They try to represent Anarchy/Libertarianism and Marxism simultaneously and it just comes off as uninformed/uneducated and grasping for a pop-culture ideal of a Revolutionary: Lenin, Che, Malcom X, etc. In this generation some bands (a few that I like) are getting behind Assange and Snowden like they're revolutionary heroes and it's equally painful to watch.
12-23-2015, 05:34 AM
I just can't take this guy seriously.

[Image: monsonrncprotest.jpg]
12-23-2015, 07:12 AM
If I didn't plan on getting married I would probably opt for Russian citizenship

i believe in what they are doing

I believe they are on the way to freedom
12-23-2015, 07:13 AM
does monson not know that russia is STATE CAPITALISM

it's more capitalist than the west.

FLAT TAX

LESS REGULATION
12-23-2015, 08:37 AM
at least instead of sitting around bitching about it incessantly he went and did what he felt he had to do.
12-23-2015, 08:46 AM
(12-23-2015 07:13 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  does monson not know that russia is STATE CAPITALISM

it's more capitalist than the west.

FLAT TAX

LESS REGULATION

You are working with the impression that Russia economically and financially is what the Russian populace and Putin want it to be, but it's not. The Russian parliament constantly ignores Putin's proposals and recommendations on a lot of important issues. You could say that Russia is more capitalist than the West, but that would be because the West wants it that way. The West itself is very protectionist and that allows it to develop better that countries who are forced to "reform" and "liberalize" their economy.

That's not to say they want the old Soviet system exactly as it was. But that system had an actual national bank (the current Russian National Bank is neither Russian nor national nor a bank) And it had interest free loans. The current loans/credit in Russia have an interest rate so high that people who want to start a business have to go to Western banks for their lower rates, but that comes with a price - they have to keep their money in Western banks.

(12-23-2015 07:12 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  If I didn't plan on getting married I would probably opt for Russian citizenship

i believe in what they are doing

I believe they are on the way to freedom

You could opt out for a Chinese citizenship. What they are doing is no less important.

All these new "Russians" are not even going to bother learning the Russian language.

! This post was funded by the goverment of the Russian Federation !
12-25-2015, 12:12 PM
^that's why we gotta be somewhat skeptical of BRICS being real opposition to the NWO. At least until the day they nationalize their central banks and break away from the bank for international settlements.
12-25-2015, 12:14 PM
These days I'm not really sure why we have banks.

--I Eat Grits--
12-26-2015, 03:47 AM
(12-23-2015 04:50 AM)kungfool Wrote:  I think Monson is a poor representation of CT, but his heart is in the right place.

Jeff Monson Wrote:“We are an empire. Like I said, we are trying to spread American capitalism, American 'democracy' throughout the world, to let free trade of money, our businesses and corporations, infiltrate other countries, have new markets open up all over the world. I think it's all a part of a master plan,” he told RT in an interview in 2013.

Can't argue with that. He was right.

come for the calo, stay for the yoshida brotha

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  "I beat Manny, now I want Conor" - Jeff Horn Redneck 0 525 10-17-2017 08:44 PM
Last Post: Redneck
  Manny vs. Jeff Horny Full Fight pug-thug 4 1,100 07-16-2017 09:10 PM
Last Post: Redneck
Video Apparently Jeff Monson is doing some acting in Russia johan 2 1,017 02-28-2016 11:28 AM
Last Post: Dale Gribble