Login | Register

Highway Robbery. Akiyama won the fight easily
11-29-2015, 08:19 PM
Highway Robbery. Akiyama won the fight easily
PATHETIC UFC JUDGING ONCE AGAIN. asians can't even catch a break in Asia

Akiyama won 2 rounds and finished stronger. The other guy basically gave up.

highly entertaining fight. WRONG DECISION

Those who know, know! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2015, 10:45 AM
RE: Highway Robbery. Akiyama won the fight easily
(11-29-2015 08:19 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  PATHETIC UFC JUDGING ONCE AGAIN. asians can't even catch a break in Asia

Akiyama won 2 rounds and finished stronger. The other guy basically gave up.

highly entertaining fight. WRONG DECISION

Yeah I blew my lid at that. That Brazilian clearly lost 2 rounds then BROKE in the beginning of the 3rd. After his thigh turned purple he showed no heart, no desire to win and still gets to keep his UNDEFEATED 12-0 record.

[Image: yoshihiro-akiyama-of-japan-kicks-alberto...d499038544]

[Image: yoshihiro-akiyama-of-japan-punches-alber...d499038568]
12-01-2015, 10:47 AM
Akiyama was dominating before taking a mongo shot to the gonads, slowed down, then destroyed Meins leg and Mein just gave up and looked pathetic.

It's strange that a Brazilian gets such a clear robbery vs an Asian in Asia. You'd think he'd get some cred for fighting through the unlucky nutshot. When it's native vs foreigner, I'd be okay with a 'homefield advantage' in the judging, but I'd want it to be consistent. Better yet, I'd like to see more Draws if the judges are indecisive. The Henderson vs Masvidal was a draw for sure.
12-01-2015, 12:45 PM
I didn't see it as a robbery because the first round seemed close to me, although I have to watch it again.
12-01-2015, 04:37 PM
I wouldn't complain they called it a draw. But yeah, Akiyama finished strong. That should account for something.
12-02-2015, 03:27 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2015 03:29 AM by A Black Nemo.)
Akiyama lost the match but won the fight if you get what I am saying.

I am not sure if it is age or conditioning, but akiyama needs to switch something up he's looking rough out there. His boxing looks sloppy and it seem's his heart isn't in it anymore.

He also suffer's now that he doesn't have that 10min first round, he's an extremely slow starter...especially when the guy he is fighting is only looking for a counter.

Rd1:10-9 Brazilian
Rd2:10-9 Brazilian
Rd3:10-8 Akiyama

Should have been a tie...buddy gave up in the 3rd round.
12-02-2015, 04:44 AM
(12-02-2015 03:27 AM)A Black Nemo Wrote:  I am not sure if it is age or conditioning, but akiyama needs to switch something up he's looking rough out there. His boxing looks sloppy and it seem's his heart isn't in it anymore.

I agree with that. Despite his suspiciously perfect physique, he looked ready to retire. He probably needs one more payday.
12-02-2015, 11:13 AM
I have akiyama winning too. He got robbed- bad. He dominated the last round too. BULL SHIT
12-02-2015, 01:13 PM
akiyama lost the first, dont know what fight you guys were watching.
12-02-2015, 01:20 PM
watching it now, then he lost the second after the gonad shot. was winning the round up until then
12-02-2015, 01:27 PM
close fight, akiyama dominated the third, should have chopped down minas lead leg, could have made him quit on that alone.

not sure how much love korea has for japan, but may have played a part.
12-03-2015, 01:09 PM
I despise the 5min round system and particularly the concept of stealing rounds done by american wrestlers with last minute takedowns and spazzing out with GNP that is ineffective and done to impress judges.
12-03-2015, 05:32 PM
(12-03-2015 01:09 PM)CTsar Wrote:  I despise the 5min round system and particularly the concept of stealing rounds done by american wrestlers with last minute takedowns and spazzing out with GNP that is ineffective and done to impress judges.

That's so, so true. In BJJ, it can be very frustrating sparring with a no-neck with good base who just wants to stall, but give a sharp player with good defense enough time and he'll frustrate his opponent, conserve his energy and find the opening needed to turn the tables.

But then, make those rolls last only 3 minutes and declare whoever was on top more or used more energy the winner. -The Meathead will always win, and the more skilled guy will look weak.
12-04-2015, 04:54 AM
(12-03-2015 05:32 PM)kungfool Wrote:  
(12-03-2015 01:09 PM)CTsar Wrote:  I despise the 5min round system and particularly the concept of stealing rounds done by american wrestlers with last minute takedowns and spazzing out with GNP that is ineffective and done to impress judges.

That's so, so true. In BJJ, it can be very frustrating sparring with a no-neck with good base who just wants to stall, but give a sharp player with good defense enough time and he'll frustrate his opponent, conserve his energy and find the opening needed to turn the tables.

But then, make those rolls last only 3 minutes and declare whoever was on top more or used more energy the winner. -The Meathead will always win, and the more skilled guy will look weak.

true. I can think of 2 fights in MMA history where the guy on bottom won a JD. Nog vs Ricco in PRIDE was a good decision. Bas vs Randleman in the UFC was a clear robbery to put over their posterboy at the time. Charuto should've also gotten the nod against Matt Hughes but didn't.
12-07-2015, 02:51 AM
the other guy could barely continue.. finishing stronger has to count for something

akiyama won easily

2 rounds out of 3

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Spoiler Alert: Fedor won!! rezin 5 317 Yesterday 01:30 PM
Last Post: CTsar
  Francis Ngannou won’t sign new deal Todd Atkins MMA Show 4 381 07-10-2021 01:35 PM
Last Post: CTsar
  Would a PRIME Silva have WON this Fight? karasu 1 702 05-28-2020 01:57 AM
Last Post: Billygoat
  Akiyama's latest fight. Leg kicks EVILYOSHIDA 2 828 03-01-2020 11:49 AM
Last Post: Beefsteak Charlie