Evil Academy
World Cup 2014 + Astrology Discussion - Printable Version

+- Evil Academy (http://www.evilyoshida.com)
+-- Forum: Discourse (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Freethinker's Academy (/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: World Cup 2014 + Astrology Discussion (/thread-6589.html)

RE: World Cup 2014 - Discussion - Winnson - 07-10-2014 06:14 AM

http://www.ifeed2all.eu/watch/268799/1/watch-netherlands-vs-argentina---fifa-wc-2014-.html

RE: World Cup 2014 - Discussion - Winnson - 07-10-2014 06:16 AM

Opiate for the masses dudes. Take it for what it is and don't take it too seriously.

Let's the games begin, and my the odds ever be in your favour!

RE: World Cup 2014 - Discussion - Masato Toys - 07-10-2014 06:19 AM

^^ You could make the same argument for MMA and would be right.

But I still like it. Sports is a metaphor for the human struggle. They are live archetypes of heroes and courage in the face of adversity... dramatic playings of will and hope, heart and strength. I find MMA to be the purest expression of this (I can't stand the nationalist concept of 'teams' - individual sports to me are always way more interesting)

There is something wonderful that can be found in sports, anyone who tells you a passionate story of a great sporting event (any sport, really) can excite a crowd of listeners. It is natural and human to enjoy it...

We just have to keep it in perspective. When we cry about it or see injustices in its name, or when the players are risen as gods we have to take a step back and ask ourselves honestly how important it really should be to us.

Soccer/World Cup for me has gone to ludicrous extremes, these people are intoxicated beyond reality with it all

RE: World Cup 2014 - Discussion - The Diet Butcher - 07-10-2014 06:22 AM

I'm pulling for argentina cuz i wanna be proven wrong. Come on argentina!

RE: World Cup 2014 - Discussion - Winnson - 07-10-2014 06:29 AM

DB, do you have that pic of the number of strokes through the country names showing who finishes first-fourth?

Do you know what I'm talking about?

I can't find it on the damn internet.

RE: World Cup 2014 - Discussion - Winnson - 07-10-2014 06:32 AM

(07-10-2014 06:19 AM)Masato Toys Wrote:  ^^ You could make the same argument for MMA and would be right.

But I still like it. Sports is a metaphor for the human struggle. They are live archetypes of heroes and courage in the face of adversity... dramatic playings of will and hope, heart and strength. I find MMA to be the purest expression of this (I can't stand the nationalist concept of 'teams' - individual sports to me are always way more interesting)

There is something wonderful that can be found in sports, anyone who tells you a passionate story of a great sporting event (any sport, really) can excite a crowd of listeners. It is natural and human to enjoy it...

We just have to keep it in perspective. When we cry about it or see injustices in its name, or when the players are risen as gods we have to take a step back and ask ourselves honestly how important it really should be to us.

Soccer/World Cup for me has gone to ludicrous extremes, these people are intoxicated beyond reality with it all

Watched the Superbowl lately?

Enjoy the spectacle and don't worry about stuff that happens behind the scenes.

Heck, if done right, the stuff happening behind the scenes makes it all that more entertaining!

It's sports, FFS! And yes, that includes MMA.

E-sports are still pure I think, because they're fresh and new, but that won't last long I don't reckon.

Purity and sports don't mix, because sports are just a way to make money, and someone, somewhere always likes to make more money.

When you sit back and think about it, that's just common sense.

WAR SPORTS!

RE: World Cup 2014 - Discussion - The Diet Butcher - 07-10-2014 06:33 AM

Nah man, never seen it. Is it supposed to be a feng shui prediction?

RE: World Cup 2014 - Discussion - Winnson - 07-10-2014 06:57 AM

No, based on strokes per character. There are red lines through the strokes that matter:

1. Germany
2. Argentina
3. Holland
4. Brazil

It's a joke meme in Chinese.

RE: World Cup 2014 - Discussion - Winnson - 07-10-2014 07:02 AM

(07-10-2014 05:52 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 05:49 AM)Winnson Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 05:45 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  team Winnson, EY and Diet

vs. Brics, Masato, Ctsar

Psst, Brics, Masato and Ctsar, I can be bought cheap. Shoot me a PM.

Go team Winnson, EY and Diet! All day baby! All freaking day!

Twice on Sundays!

Seriously though guys, shoot me a pm. I'll make you win this little war for sure!

I mean, go team us! Because in the grand scheme of things, sports scores or who wins means more than anything else in the history of mankind!

Go team!

Shoot me a pm and we'll talk

this world cup has pretty much turned me off to all sports in general. Rigging aside, I pretty much found out I can't really stand all the fake diving, acting and diva-ish displays of these soccer players.

Sucks, because it is the only sport I liked besides MMA.

You need to get into hockey! Even if just for the olympics!

We could use a man like you.

RE: World Cup 2014 - Discussion - The Diet Butcher - 07-10-2014 07:08 AM

God I hate this Robben douchebag.

RE: World Cup 2014 - Discussion - Megatherium - 07-10-2014 07:29 AM

Me too Alex. Me too.

RE: World Cup 2014 - Discussion - Megatherium - 07-10-2014 07:32 AM

(07-10-2014 05:55 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  crap is the modern version of the roman circus. probably used to vent frustration/aggression amongst the masses.

I actually think it's MUCH HARDER to rig MMA fights but it still happens reference Shamrock vs. Franklin.

Lol, Shammy didn't sell that one very convincingly. Did a baseball slide and covered up.

His money was on Rich.

RE: World Cup 2014 - Discussion - Megatherium - 07-10-2014 07:33 AM

The knee to the spine on Neymar vs Colombia took me out of this year's tournament.

RE: World Cup 2014 - Discussion - Masato Toys - 07-10-2014 08:21 AM

Shamrock threw a lotta fights I think

RE: World Cup 2014 - Discussion - The Diet Butcher - 07-10-2014 08:45 AM

Argentina vs Germany it is!