Evil Academy
World Cup 2014 + Astrology Discussion - Printable Version

+- Evil Academy (http://www.evilyoshida.com)
+-- Forum: Discourse (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Freethinker's Academy (/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: World Cup 2014 + Astrology Discussion (/thread-6589.html)

RE: World Cup 2014 - Discussion - pug-thug - 06-29-2014 05:48 AM

(06-29-2014 05:42 AM)Winnson Wrote:  So when is the next game? Like how long from now and who is it?

10 minutes uruguay vs. colombia. get ready for a super flop fest.

RE: World Cup 2014 - Discussion - Winnson - 06-29-2014 05:50 AM

EY, I'm not saying every shot is faked in a game or everyone is in on it. I'm saying that when there is this much money on the line, the outcome is probably known by some.

You're talking about a close kick within one game. I'm talking about the outcome of the match.

I think you put a little too much stock into one close kick or even a goal here and there. See the forest for the trees boss.

Wouldn't it have been more exciting if that match had ended 2-2 with the PKs at the end? Weeee, sports!

RE: World Cup 2014 - Discussion - Winnson - 06-29-2014 05:51 AM

So many possibilities!

RE: World Cup 2014 - Discussion - Winnson - 06-29-2014 05:53 AM

(06-29-2014 05:48 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  
(06-29-2014 05:42 AM)Winnson Wrote:  So when is the next game? Like how long from now and who is it?

10 minutes uruguay vs. colombia. get ready for a super flop fest.

I am pumped! It's a wonder they don't train football players to stay on their feet a little bit better one would think.

The wind blows these guys over way too much, considering their chosen profession and all.

Now let's all take this ten minutes to contemplate the integrity of a game whose players can't really stand up on their own too much without constantly falling down and crying about it.

Integrity

RE: World Cup 2014 - Discussion - pug-thug - 06-29-2014 05:56 AM

(06-29-2014 05:50 AM)Winnson Wrote:  EY, I'm not saying every shot is faked in a game or everyone is in on it. I'm saying that when there is this much money on the line, the outcome is probably known by some.

You're talking about a close kick within one game. I'm talking about the outcome of the match.

I think you put a little too much stock into one close kick or even a goal here and there. See the forest for the trees boss.

Wouldn't it have been more exciting if that match had ended 2-2 with the PKs at the end? Weeee, sports!

the issue is that one kick would have decided the outcome of the game. that is why I keep talking about that one kick. it was the last minute of overtime. if that kick went in, Chile would have won instantly.
so you can easily tell that particular game was not rigged just due to that one shot on goal.

RE: World Cup 2014 - Discussion - Winnson - 06-29-2014 05:58 AM

We could play a game while we're waiting: Budo or Bucks?

Pick players, officials, coaches, etc involved with FIFA, analyze them and then decide what motivates them: Budo or Bucks?

RE: World Cup 2014 - Discussion - Winnson - 06-29-2014 05:59 AM

(06-29-2014 05:56 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  
(06-29-2014 05:50 AM)Winnson Wrote:  EY, I'm not saying every shot is faked in a game or everyone is in on it. I'm saying that when there is this much money on the line, the outcome is probably known by some.

the issue is that one kick would have decided the outcome of the game. that is why I keep talking about that one kick. it was the last minute of overtime. if that kick went in, Chile would have won instantly.
so you can easily tell that particular game was not rigged just due to that one shot on goal.

Did the game immediately end if that goal was scored? Is extra time sudden death?

RE: World Cup 2014 - Discussion - Winnson - 06-29-2014 06:01 AM

And at the highest levels it's all rigged boss.

Shit happens and surprises occur, but yeah, it's all rigged at the highest levels.

RE: World Cup 2014 - Discussion - pug-thug - 06-29-2014 06:03 AM

(06-29-2014 05:59 AM)Winnson Wrote:  

Did the game immediately end if that goal was scored? Is extra time sudden death?

well if that went in, brazil would only have at most 2-3 minutes to score which is highly unlikely.

just re watch that one kick, it proves the match was not fake.

i totally get your sentiment though and that's why I dont' take the WC as seriously as I used to.

RE: World Cup 2014 - Discussion - pug-thug - 06-29-2014 06:06 AM

they can definitely try to tip odds in the favor of certain teams with ref bias. I did not detect that much ref bias with the english ref used in this game. FIFA took a lot of crap with that Japanese ref screwing over Croatia so they are being careful now.

If you want to see real ref rigging, reference Korea's semifinal run in 2002. Blatant, super blatant paid off refs that helped Korea in numerous instances.

Trust me, I'm looking for these kind of shenagigans as well and I didn't detect that with the Chile/Brazil game.

RE: World Cup 2014 - Discussion - Winnson - 06-29-2014 06:09 AM

(06-29-2014 06:03 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  
(06-29-2014 05:59 AM)Winnson Wrote:  

well if that went in, brazil would only have at most 2-3 minutes to score which is highly unlikely.

just re watch that one kick, it proves the match was not fake.

i totally get your sentiment though and that's why I dont' take the WC as seriously as I used to.

Yeah, it sure was boss. Why it would have been just crazy if something like that had happened!! Wow! What a game!

Just 2 minutes to go, or three maybe, possibly four....

You get my drift?

RE: World Cup 2014 - Discussion - Winnson - 06-29-2014 06:10 AM

The permutations and combinations of possibilities are many and varied, so many and varied!

RE: World Cup 2014 - Discussion - Winnson - 06-29-2014 06:11 AM

It sure would be nice to have some control over some of those variables here and there though wouldn't it?

It's great nothing like that could possibly happen I guess, because sports match outcomes are of the very utmost importance to the future of humanity, when you really think about it.

RE: World Cup 2014 - Discussion - Winnson - 06-29-2014 06:14 AM

It's why the players fall down so much I think. The weight of the world rests upon their capable shoulders, but can be crushing at times.

RE: World Cup 2014 - Discussion - pug-thug - 06-29-2014 06:14 AM

yeah you're right about extra time being up to the discretion of the ref. they can decide to give more time if they want to.

however i'm 100% sure that game was not fake. I don't like either team so there is no bias on my side.

also if it was just about the money, FIFA would make all the rich countries win. They would ensure Japan make it into the final 16, this way they can sell MUCH MORE merchandise in a rich country like Japan.

Also if it was totally fake they would find a way for China to qualify for the world cup.. that way they can open up the market for 1.5 billion chinese consumers.

so to me, an honest assessment would be that SOME OF THE GAMES in the world cup qualifying games are rigged and maybe a few games in the Group stage, esp. involving african teams.