Evil Academy
The Day Japanese Pro Wrestling Humbled Shootfighting - Printable Version

+- Evil Academy (http://www.evilyoshida.com)
+-- Forum: Discourse (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: PRIDE NEVER DIE! (/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: The Day Japanese Pro Wrestling Humbled Shootfighting (/thread-21475.html)

The Day Japanese Pro Wrestling Humbled Shootfighting - Megatherium - 05-08-2022 02:16 AM

Do you remember where you were.

RE: The Day Japanese Pro Wrestling Humbled Shootfighting - Megatherium - 05-08-2022 01:47 PM

Vale cut his mullet before that fight and the shorter hair definitely wasn't working for him, not that very much else was working for him that night either for that matter. The Vale vs Dan Severn fight is one I have never been able to track down, I'm not even sure a recording of it exists although I have heard from a couple of people it does, or at least it did at one time. Severn vs Vale is one fight I might come out of retirement as a fan to watch were I lucky enough to find it somewhere.

On the other hand, I can understand someone not wanting to share something as rare as Dan Severn vs Bart vale.

RE: The Day Japanese Pro Wrestling Humbled Shootfighting - Redneck - 05-13-2022 10:20 PM

LOL, Bart Vale was no more real than the Pro-Wrestlers. In Japan there was a very fine line between some of the Pro-Wrestling orgs and the so-called "real" organisations such as Shootfighting.

Bear in mind that Shootfighting is also where Ken Shamrock cut his teeth, and I do have to question the legitimacy of some of his fights in that league as well.

Anyone remember the Japanese UWFI org? That shit was completely scripted but it looked real.

RE: The Day Japanese Pro Wrestling Humbled Shootfighting - Megatherium - 05-14-2022 05:32 PM

^^Oh yes, I remember it. I think that was the organization where Bart Vale 'knocked out' Ken Shamrock. Vale sold that as a legit fight for a long time, and John Peretti even touted it in his cageside commentary in the EF bout I posted here. Shamrock never stopped being a carny, even in UFC. The most obvious one in my mind was when he seemingly slipped on a banana peel vs Rich Franklin. He later expresses his anger that Dana wouldn't book one more big fight for him after he 'put over' Rich Franklin. Smile

RE: The Day Japanese Pro Wrestling Humbled Shootfighting - Megatherium - 05-14-2022 05:38 PM