Evil Academy
Creed II - Drago's revenge - Printable Version

+- Evil Academy (http://www.evilyoshida.com)
+-- Forum: Discourse (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: PRIDE NEVER DIE! (/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Creed II - Drago's revenge (/thread-14415.html)

Pages: 1 2

Creed II - Drago's revenge - Redneck - 09-07-2017 08:45 PM

Stallone is making Creed II and he's signed Dolph Lundgren to reprise his Drago role.

Adonis Creed will fight the man who killed his father.

[Image: Creed-2-Rocky-4-Inspiration-Sylvester-Stallone.jpg]

RE: Creed II - Drago's revenge - CTsar - 09-07-2017 11:22 PM

he will fight Drago's son I believe?

RE: Creed II - Drago's revenge - pug-thug - 09-08-2017 03:38 AM

its amazing how mich appeal these old actors still have. very few true stars after the internet age

RE: Creed II - Drago's revenge - rezin - 09-08-2017 08:13 AM

^ Very few good Hollywood movies after the internet age (in fact virtually none)

They can't make movies like in the 80s and early 90s anymore, they don't have the skills, creativity or on-screen talent.

Actors like Schwarzenegger or Bruce Willis are way too cool and would be considered politically incorrect as onscreen personas.

Also the plots of those old movies would be considered ridiculous instead of creative. Today no one can suspend disbelief unless they are watching the news.

RE: Creed II - Drago's revenge - pug-thug - 09-08-2017 08:47 AM

good points rezin

RE: Creed II - Drago's revenge - Redneck - 09-08-2017 06:33 PM

(09-07-2017 11:22 PM)CTsar Wrote:  he will fight Drago's son I believe?

That was an idea kicked around about a year ago, but since it's been announced that Dolph is in it, there's really been no confirmation of what the storyline will be.

I personally like the son avenging the father angle better than the idea of the sons fighting.

RE: Creed II - Drago's revenge - pug-thug - 09-09-2017 02:53 AM

(09-08-2017 08:13 AM)rezin Wrote:  ^ Very few good Hollywood movies after the internet age (in fact virtually none)

They can't make movies like in the 80s and early 90s anymore, they don't have the skills, creativity or on-screen talent.

Actors like Schwarzenegger or Bruce Willis are way too cool and would be considered politically incorrect as onscreen personas.

Also the plots of those old movies would be considered ridiculous instead of creative. Today no one can suspend disbelief unless they are watching the news.

yeah there is too much PC nonsense. part of the thrill of a ultra masculine role is because real alphas don't give a fuck and aren't afraid to offend.

movies today truly lack imagination. Hollywood needs new talent. It's just gotten very stale and boring.

I watched the new planet of the apes and it was horrible. truly shit.

RE: Creed II - Drago's revenge - CTsar - 09-09-2017 03:11 AM

(09-08-2017 06:33 PM)Redneck Wrote:  

That was an idea kicked around about a year ago, but since it's been announced that Dolph is in it, there's really been no confirmation of what the storyline will be.

I personally like the son avenging the father angle better than the idea of the sons fighting.

I also like son avenges father better. But Dolph looks kinda old to be a real threat to the young gun, plus Rocky already avenged Apollo in IV, so they're kind of recycling that storyline.

This was literally a joke 30 to 40 years ago. Monty Python joked about it in Spaceballs, but Hollywood has been such a crapfest in the 21st century that the thought of the Rocky continuing his saga into his seventies is now appealing.

RE: Creed II - Drago's revenge - CTsar - 09-09-2017 03:14 AM

(09-08-2017 03:38 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  its amazing how mich appeal these old actors still have. very few true stars after the internet age

Very few new stars in any medium, really. Film, music, even pro sports. If the USA assembles a new "dream team" for the 2020 Olympics, how many players would most people even know? probably just Le Bron. Same with boxing, only one star who just retired after a cross over match up with MMA due to lack of other big name fighters. MMA which just got started is already also in decline.

RE: Creed II - Drago's revenge - Redneck - 09-09-2017 02:14 PM

(09-09-2017 03:11 AM)CTsar Wrote:  
(09-08-2017 06:33 PM)Redneck Wrote:  

I also like son avenges father better. But Dolph looks kinda old to be a real threat to the young gun, plus Rocky already avenged Apollo in IV, so they're kind of recycling that storyline.

This was literally a joke 30 to 40 years ago. Monty Python joked about it in Spaceballs, but Hollywood has been such a crapfest in the 21st century that the thought of the Rocky continuing his saga into his seventies is now appealing.

I agree that Dolph is rather crusty now, although I'm sure he could still be made to look intimidating in a movie, and Rocky did already avenge Apollo so it's probably not going to happen with the son. It will probably be more like Drago is the coach of some Russian up and comer, maybe his own son, and the fight will be between them. It will be interesting to see who they cast as the opponent.

RE: Creed II - Drago's revenge - CTsar - 09-09-2017 03:08 PM

Rocky and Drago will most likely brawl in the street ala Rocky / Tommy Gun.

RE: Creed II - Drago's revenge - Redneck - 09-12-2017 07:10 PM

(09-09-2017 03:08 PM)CTsar Wrote:  Rocky and Drago will most likely brawl in the street ala Rocky / Tommy Gun.

I saw that, if they go that angle it will blow, just like it did in Rocky 5.

I think a punch at a press conference, or something fairly low key, might be believable. But a full-on street brawl when Rocky has cancer and is 70, would be a bad look.

That being said, I'm a huge fan of the Rocky series and I'm happy that this movie is even being made.

They also made fun of this way back in 1982, in the movie Airplane 2.

[Image: airplane-2-rocky-38.jpg]

RE: Creed II - Drago's revenge - CTsar - 09-22-2017 12:18 AM

The end of history right here. Rocky defeats the Soviet Union, and then we all live happily ever after in liberal democracies.

RE: Creed II - Drago's revenge - CTsar - 09-22-2017 12:22 AM

(09-12-2017 07:10 PM)Redneck Wrote:  I saw that, if they go that angle it will blow, just like it did in Rocky 5.

I think a punch at a press conference, or something fairly low key, might be believable. But a full-on street brawl when Rocky has cancer and is 70, would be a bad look.

he did get punched in the street while he was brain injured in Rocky 5. But he wasn't 70 and his injury miraculously disappeared by Rocky 6.

RE: Creed II - Drago's revenge - Billygoat - 09-23-2017 04:43 AM

He drank 5 raw eggs in the first one and in a no-cut take. Gross but untoppable.