Evil Academy
Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - Printable Version

+- Evil Academy (http://www.evilyoshida.com)
+-- Forum: Discourse (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Freethinker's Academy (/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. (/thread-1119.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - DONG JOHNSON - 05-04-2013 11:20 AM

Shah

I remembered. I almost fought you on UG. LOLLLLLLLLLLL

People were calling you a ducker when you wanted to fight and I accepted your challenge.

PUAHAHAHAHAH

that was jokes.

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - Shahanshah - 05-04-2013 11:45 AM

Dude, another guy wanted to fight me, threatened to kill me and got me banned when I did the same in response.

some f*ggot named what.

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - DONG JOHNSON - 05-04-2013 11:54 AM

LMAO!

Was it the same thread? or different?

you need to stop trolling

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - Shahanshah - 05-04-2013 11:58 AM

I don't troll here, I trolled on the OG rarely.

It was that big thread that showed up before I got banned.

He sent mods screenshots to get rid of me.

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - EVILYOSHIDA - 05-04-2013 12:13 PM

I remember you and what had beef. What is cool. You are cool too. Maybe you guys can make amends on this board

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - Hellfire Awaits - 05-04-2013 12:24 PM

(05-04-2013 11:01 AM)Shahanshah Wrote:  EY, you can make white leftist false equivalencies all you want.

The fact is.

Chinatown in Toronto = third world slum full of impoverished, diseased Chinese people, sex slave massage parlors and chinese restaurants that Chinese-Canadians avoid.

Koreatown in Toronto = first world neighborhood economically and socially vibrant, populated by smartly dressed good smelling Koreans.

That's not a coincidence, it's also not a coincidence that when China/Japan have diplomatic spats, Chinese people start rioting in Japanese embassies while Japanese people peacefully protest...

You have to realize that the behavior of Chinese people fluctuates wildly from place to place. Singapore, which is well over 70% Chinese, is just about one of the cleanest and high tech looking places you will ever visit in your lifetime.

Tianjin, China? Not so much.

Mainland Chinese tend to be the worst when it comes to rudeness, uncouth behavior, and dirty neighborhoods, but other Chinese tend to be more civilized. That might explain why Toronto's Chinatown looks shabby, but an economic black hole it is not.

Also Chinese people do not create third world slums anywhere. Are there dirty Chinatowns? Quite believable. Are their Chinatowns with crime and decay? Yes, but the Chinese are responsible for almost none of the violent and property crime.

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - EVILYOSHIDA - 05-04-2013 12:26 PM

Shah is working with 1980s views of the overseas canto chinese. Shah should go to shanghai or hong kong. He will be impressed

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - The Diet Butcher - 05-04-2013 02:45 PM

The middle class Chinese (from HK, Taiwan, etc) in Toronto all moved out of Chinatown years ago. There are very few left in downtown Chinatown, which is now more Vietnamese, and more recently, mainland Chinese.

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - Megatherium - 05-04-2013 02:57 PM

(05-04-2013 12:24 PM)Hellfire Awaits Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 11:01 AM)Shahanshah Wrote:  EY, you can make white leftist false equivalencies all you want.

The fact is.

Chinatown in Toronto = third world slum full of impoverished, diseased Chinese people, sex slave massage parlors and chinese restaurants that Chinese-Canadians avoid.

Koreatown in Toronto = first world neighborhood economically and socially vibrant, populated by smartly dressed good smelling Koreans.

That's not a coincidence, it's also not a coincidence that when China/Japan have diplomatic spats, Chinese people start rioting in Japanese embassies while Japanese people peacefully protest...

You have to realize that the behavior of Chinese people fluctuates wildly from place to place. Singapore, which is well over 70% Chinese, is just about one of the cleanest and high tech looking places you will ever visit in your lifetime.

Tianjin, China? Not so much.

Mainland Chinese tend to be the worst when it comes to rudeness, uncouth behavior, and dirty neighborhoods, but other Chinese tend to be more civilized. That might explain why Toronto's Chinatown looks shabby, but an economic black hole it is not.

Also Chinese people do not create third world slums anywhere. Are there dirty Chinatowns? Quite believable. Are their Chinatowns with crime and decay? Yes, but the Chinese are responsible for almost none of the violent and property crime.

And our Chinatown here in Vancouver was founded and is populated by Hong Kong Chinese. It's a bit rundown, but it exudes character and intrigue. Whereas, the rich Taiwanese and mainland newcomers that took Richmond over may be neat and everything, but they sure ain't on the path to a Canadian identity any time soon. They're our 'guests'. There is quite a stark difference between the two groups. And I prefer the Cantonese originals to these aloof newcomers any day.

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - Roland Bates - 05-07-2013 08:33 AM

How the Chinese deal with their corrupt officials:

http://www.eeo.com.cn/ens/2013/0503/243382.shtml

"A former deputy governor of Shandong Province was sentenced to life in prison earlier today by a court in Jiangsu Province, according to a Xinhua News Agency report.

Huang Sheng (黄胜), who served as one of the deputy governors of Shandong from 2007 to 2011, was found guilty of accepting bribes and sentenced to life in prison by the Nanjing Intermediate People's Court.

During last month's trial, prosecutors alleged that from 1998 to 2011 Mr. Huang accepted a total of 12.2 million yuan in bribes while he was mayor and Party chief of Dezhou, a city in Shandong, and then later deputy governor.

Huang was expelled from the Communist Party in mid 2012 and removed from his government post after being detained by the CPC's Central Commission for Discipline Inspection in November 2011.

According to a report in the Global Times that quotes domestic news sources, senior public posts were illegally sold in Dezhou when Huang was in office and property investors were also given preferential treatment if they bribed officials."

Such a contrast with the US.

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - EVILYOSHIDA - 05-07-2013 09:11 AM

yep. They even arrest very high level ones. sometimes even execute them.

it's more serious when a guy in a high position commits crime. makes sense because it sets a bad example.

US seems content on catching small fries while letting the big offenders and criminals go off easy.

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - DONG JOHNSON - 05-07-2013 10:18 AM

(05-07-2013 08:33 AM)Roland Bates Wrote:  How the Chinese deal with their corrupt officials:

http://www.eeo.com.cn/ens/2013/0503/243382.shtml

"A former deputy governor of Shandong Province was sentenced to life in prison earlier today by a court in Jiangsu Province, according to a Xinhua News Agency report.

Huang Sheng (黄胜), who served as one of the deputy governors of Shandong from 2007 to 2011, was found guilty of accepting bribes and sentenced to life in prison by the Nanjing Intermediate People's Court.

During last month's trial, prosecutors alleged that from 1998 to 2011 Mr. Huang accepted a total of 12.2 million yuan in bribes while he was mayor and Party chief of Dezhou, a city in Shandong, and then later deputy governor.

Huang was expelled from the Communist Party in mid 2012 and removed from his government post after being detained by the CPC's Central Commission for Discipline Inspection in November 2011.

According to a report in the Global Times that quotes domestic news sources, senior public posts were illegally sold in Dezhou when Huang was in office and property investors were also given preferential treatment if they bribed officials."

Such a contrast with the US.

BEAUTIFUL!

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - EVILYOSHIDA - 05-07-2013 10:19 AM

^ those are not just isolated incidents either. the higher up you are, the bigger the punishment. that is the asian way.

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - DONG JOHNSON - 05-07-2013 10:20 AM

that is great. seeing things like that will surely discourage such behavior.

in the US. there are no repercussions. things will only get worse.

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - MightMakesRight - 05-07-2013 10:31 AM

(05-07-2013 10:19 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  ^ those are not just isolated incidents either. the higher up you are, the bigger the punishment. that is the asian way.

It's the exact opposite of the West, where ordinary citizens get sent to prison for petty theft, while the elites are above the law