Evil Academy
Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - Printable Version

+- Evil Academy (http://www.evilyoshida.com)
+-- Forum: Discourse (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Freethinker's Academy (/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. (/thread-1119.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - The Diet Butcher - 04-27-2013 12:33 AM

How bout some CantoRock? I used to like these guys... even had a couple of their LPs.

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - DONG JOHNSON - 04-27-2013 03:09 AM

(04-26-2013 10:21 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  If you think about it, ang lee has been one of the foremost champions of the progressive agenda

yo Brokeback is a great fucking movie.

I cried. No homo.

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - The Diet Butcher - 04-27-2013 03:13 AM

Beyond concert from 1991. def HK's greatest rock band ever. This is just before the lead singer died.

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - DONG JOHNSON - 04-27-2013 03:15 AM

Clearly Beyond's best song.

(04-26-2013 10:39 PM)Skynet Wrote:  
(04-26-2013 05:50 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  

PARTY BOX karaoke beijing 3 am.. drunk on whiskey wid mad bishes!

hahaha. this shit brings back memories.

I know a full Italian guy that can sing this song beginning to end. Bizarre.

dude has game.

that's how you slaughter Asian poon. Learn Chinese songs. Never fail imo

First date take an Asian broad to a Karaoke and belt out a Chinese song. She's yours.

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - Winnson - 04-27-2013 05:33 AM

(04-26-2013 03:34 AM)Otsuka Wrote:  
(04-26-2013 02:49 AM)DONG JOHNSON Wrote:  My friend came back from HK recently. She was a model here but live in HK permanently now because she's a big time TV show host there now. She fills me with fobby culture and to be honest I love it.

Whats the name of your friend? and which TV station does she work for? I live in HK now... so I can probably tune in if I have the channel.

(04-26-2013 04:18 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  When Chinese have freedom, they make money.

It's true all over the world. the 21st century will be the Asia century. You're right in a way, the NWO will not penetrate Asia.

Asians are just as "earthy" as the NWO.. they can't play their polarization games with asians.

Could you imagine trying that here? People would laugh in your face and go about their business. They don't respond to that here at all.

Tell you what. I'm damn grateful I'm raising my child here. She's growing into a wonderful young lady and no BS. It's awesome.

And who is the friend. Otsuka and I live in Hong Kong. Heck, one of us might know her, or know someone that does.

I notice every thread I've posted in I've double posted. I think it's like a subconscious 'bump' thing for the UG/OG because they're separate posts.

So I'm going triple here, just to buck the trend.

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - The Diet Butcher - 05-04-2013 01:00 AM

Hey, what happened to the Stephen Chow stuff as promised?

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - EVILYOSHIDA - 05-04-2013 01:49 AM

OMG HAHAHA. thanks for those.

some classic vivian chow, song by the famous japanese songwriter Miyuki Nakajima

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - Shahanshah - 05-04-2013 03:43 AM

No hate here, just curious.

Why aren't you guys as civilized and cool as the Koreans and the Japanese?

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - EVILYOSHIDA - 05-04-2013 05:51 AM

it's not true. chinese are amongst the most civilized people in Asia. it's a numbers game. there are around 1.7 billion chinese around the world.. of course you're going to find millions up on millions of uncouth people.

Chinese are the "greece" of east asia. the root of the culture.

Also koreans can be just as rude as many chinese. They talk louder as well.

japanese are generally very polite true, but they can be very uncivilized as evidenced by ww2.

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - EVILYOSHIDA - 05-04-2013 06:05 AM

chinese are definitely not as hip though.. and seem to lack that "fire" that koreans and japanese have in general.

but I feel intellectually, Chinese have more depth.. they have a longer history and they are less insular and more cosmopolitan.

a place like shanghai is much more cosmopolitan and "modern" then let's say seoul or tokyo.

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - Roland Bates - 05-04-2013 10:17 AM

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/3177

From Mark Twain's Roughing It (chapter 54), from the 1860s:

"Of course there was a large Chinese population in Virginia [City, Nevada]--it is the
case with every town and city on the Pacific coast. They are a harmless
race when white men either let them alone or treat them no worse than
dogs; in fact they are almost entirely harmless anyhow, for they seldom
think of resenting the vilest insults or the cruelest injuries. They are
quiet, peaceable, tractable, free from drunkenness, and they are as
industrious as the day is long. A disorderly Chinaman is rare, and a
lazy one does not exist. So long as a Chinaman has strength to use his
hands he needs no support from anybody; white men often complain of want
of work, but a Chinaman offers no such complaint; he always manages to
find something to do.

All Chinamen can read, write and cipher with easy facility--pity but all
our petted voters could. In California they rent little patches of
ground and do a deal of gardening. They will raise surprising crops of
vegetables on a sand pile. They waste nothing. What is rubbish to a
Christian, a Chinaman carefully preserves and makes useful in one way or
another.

Chinamen hold their dead in great reverence--they worship their departed
ancestors, in fact. Hence, in China, a man's front yard, back yard, or
any other part of his premises, is made his family burying ground, in
order that he may visit the graves at any and all times. Therefore that
huge empire is one mighty cemetery; it is ridged and wringled from its
centre to its circumference with graves--and inasmuch as every foot of
ground must be made to do its utmost, in China, lest the swarming
population suffer for food, the very graves are cultivated and yield a
harvest, custom holding this to be no dishonor to the dead."

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - DONG JOHNSON - 05-04-2013 10:23 AM

(05-04-2013 10:17 AM)Roland Bates Wrote:  http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/3177

From Mark Twain's Roughing It (chapter 54), from the 1860s:

"Of course there was a large Chinese population in Virginia [City, Nevada]--it is the
case with every town and city on the Pacific coast. They are a harmless
race when white men either let them alone or treat them no worse than
dogs; in fact they are almost entirely harmless anyhow, for they seldom
think of resenting the vilest insults or the cruelest injuries. They are
quiet, peaceable, tractable, free from drunkenness, and they are as
industrious as the day is long. A disorderly Chinaman is rare, and a
lazy one does not exist. So long as a Chinaman has strength to use his
hands he needs no support from anybody; white men often complain of want
of work, but a Chinaman offers no such complaint; he always manages to
find something to do.

All Chinamen can read, write and cipher with easy facility--pity but all
our petted voters could. In California they rent little patches of
ground and do a deal of gardening. They will raise surprising crops of
vegetables on a sand pile. They waste nothing. What is rubbish to a
Christian, a Chinaman carefully preserves and makes useful in one way or
another.

Chinamen hold their dead in great reverence--they worship their departed
ancestors, in fact. Hence, in China, a man's front yard, back yard, or
any other part of his premises, is made his family burying ground, in
order that he may visit the graves at any and all times. Therefore that
huge empire is one mighty cemetery; it is ridged and wringled from its
centre to its circumference with graves--and inasmuch as every foot of
ground must be made to do its utmost, in China, lest the swarming
population suffer for food, the very graves are cultivated and yield a
harvest, custom holding this to be no dishonor to the dead."

great quote. Damn.

Nothing much has changed. Chinese are still moonwalking through life. FORWARD. most importantly.

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - EVILYOSHIDA - 05-04-2013 10:39 AM

there are a lot of things to admire the chinese for.. koreans and japanese are too caught with their race and nationality. Chinese just are.

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - Hellfire Awaits - 05-04-2013 10:49 AM

I am not too impressed by modern Chinese culture, whether it be diaspora or otherwise.

Now ANCIENT Chinese culture is indeed quite impressive, but the mainlanders have trashed that six ways to sunday.

I actually tried listening to teresa tang, watching films by wong karwai, and my reaction so far is "zzzZZzzzZzz". Call me unsophisticated, but it is how it is.

They cannot hold a candle to Japan at this stage, and I doubt they ever will. Even Koreans make better movies than they do. China's soft culture will never capture the world's attention -- it is too lackluster, it lacks vital energy, and it will probably never saturate the public consciousness.

It would be better if they focused on things like martial arts, Confucius, ancient art and traditional Chinese culture, etc. Now THAT people understand.

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - Shahanshah - 05-04-2013 11:01 AM

EY, you can make white leftist false equivalencies all you want.

The fact is.

Chinatown in Toronto = third world slum full of impoverished, diseased Chinese people, sex slave massage parlors and chinese restaurants that Chinese-Canadians avoid.

Koreatown in Toronto = first world neighborhood economically and socially vibrant, populated by smartly dressed good smelling Koreans.

That's not a coincidence, it's also not a coincidence that when China/Japan have diplomatic spats, Chinese people start rioting in Japanese embassies while Japanese people peacefully protest...