Evil Academy
Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - Printable Version

+- Evil Academy (http://www.evilyoshida.com)
+-- Forum: Discourse (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Freethinker's Academy (/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. (/thread-1119.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - DONG JOHNSON - 04-26-2013 05:57 AM

she also sang this one. so gooooooooooooooooooooood

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - EVILYOSHIDA - 04-26-2013 06:02 AM

the rooms are very nice. They have a good buffet where you can eat rabbit meat, noodles whatever.

[Image: 2009369162032523china-tours.jpg]

It's called PARTY WORLD or CASH BOX it's the most popular in taiwan/China.

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - EVILYOSHIDA - 04-26-2013 06:04 AM

yeah that one you posted is always sung.

the best is when the girls get tired and put their heads on your lap...

a few people will be singing.. some will be sleeping, some will be playing dice.

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - Dogtown - 04-26-2013 06:05 AM

Hey EY, what do you do in China? How long have you been there? Back story?

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - Fugazi - 04-26-2013 06:14 AM

Do Chinese people make fun of Americans for eating crab wontons and General Tso's Chicken and calling it 'chinese food'?

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - EVILYOSHIDA - 04-26-2013 06:14 AM

I went to China to get my masters degree in Finance. been here for about 5 years.

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - EVILYOSHIDA - 04-26-2013 06:16 AM

(04-26-2013 06:14 AM)Fugazi Wrote:  Do Chinese people make fun of Americans for eating crab wontons and General Tso's Chicken and calling it 'chinese food'?

No.

They are not snobbish like that. Japanese are more stuck up with their food.

I actually wish there was panda express here. I'd rather eat that than most of the ghetto chinese restaurants.

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - DONG JOHNSON - 04-26-2013 06:21 AM

I remember when I was younger and we watched this movie called Tiger of Wanchai. I actually cried at the ending.

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - EVILYOSHIDA - 04-26-2013 06:24 AM

the movies are total trash now.

reallly bad.

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - DONG JOHNSON - 04-26-2013 06:29 AM

Yeah EY

Remember when we were young? We had the music of the 4 sky kings. Movies with Tony Leung in his prime, motherfucker Simon Yam. Stephen Chow. Jackie Chan.

Now it's like lady boys lady boys and more lady boys.

The problem with Chinese movies now is they try to emulate the Western movies now. They slowed the pace wayyyy the fuck down like those Godfather movies. But they do it so over the top it's actually destroyed the movie going experience.

Movies have digressed. I'd rather watch 70's Chinese kung fu flicks than the pseudo coppola drama pieces today.

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - EVILYOSHIDA - 04-26-2013 06:33 AM

yep. it's so bad even the YOUNG GENERATION says the old stuff is better.

I used to purchase the Laser Discs of the various HK movies.

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - DONG JOHNSON - 04-26-2013 06:36 AM

The Stephen Chow period is possibly the greatest period of all time.

I have never laughed so hard.

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - EVILYOSHIDA - 04-26-2013 06:41 AM

Korean film also went through a renaissance form the late 90's to early 2000's as well. lots of classic films.

everything fell apart around 2007 or so when the internet reached full saturation.

You gotta keep things scarce. if its not scarce people don't appreciate and don't pay attention.

the internet has destroyed all wonder.

it's pretty bad. ON SOME LEVELS the internet has been really good though.. like the NWO stuff. without the internet the awakening would not have occurred.

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - DONG JOHNSON - 04-26-2013 06:48 AM

how has the internet affected the quality of movies?

Wong Kar dude still makes good movies. Same with Yimou guy. It's just that people are trying to westernize the movies too much. I like the cheesy HK movies that gave it character. Now they are emulating the long stares and the slow movements of hollywood.

it's not as good.

RE: Chinese Culture. Movies. Music. Food. Here. - EVILYOSHIDA - 04-26-2013 06:51 AM

there are good movies but you either can't find them.. and even if you find them, you have nobody to share the experience with.. cuz most of your friends probably haven't seen it.

it's the shared experience of enjoying quality stuff that matters.

also a lot of these people have started making movies in order to win awards... they try to emulate what would win the Cannes.. this is very inauthentic.

the best films I have ever seen are old japanese films. Mizugochi, Ozu etc. these are my tip top favorites.

very very slow pacing, but very deep.