Evil Academy

Full Version: NYSE stops trading, United Airlines grounded.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Because of computer glitches. WTF?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ading.html

The New York Stock Exchange, United Airlines and the Wall Street Journal have all fallen victim to a series of massive technical glitches within hours of each other.
NYSE has currently halted all trading, for 'technical reasons' - but says the problem is an internal one and not the result of a cyberattack.
It comes as tens of thousands of United Airlines passengers were stranded at U.S. airports on Wednesday morning after all of the carrier's flights were grounded nationwide due to a computer system glitch.
The Wall Street Journal was also left unable to publish after its systems came under attack and has been forced to switch to an alternative site design.

[Image: 2A58C26C00000578-3153716-The_NYSE_halt_s...717376.jpg]

The Homeland Secretary Johnson said the problems were not related to 'nefarious' activity.
The White House confirmed that the President was briefed on the issues
'At this point there in no indication of malicious actions,' said spokesman Josh Earnest.
'NYSE officials have been in contact with homeland security and SEC, and the President has asked to be kept updated.'
The security of federal systems was also addressed.
'We work aggressively to make sure the defences we have in place reflect the threats we perceive, and that is continually evolving.
'I can assure you that officials are very vigilant.'
Jane Lute of the Center for Internet Security, who previously worked as part of homeland security, told CNN 'The episodes may not be related or malicious.
'We would be looking for signs there are malicious elements here. We would tell people they need to follow good cyber hygiene.'
Computer security expert Graham Cluley warned against people blaming the issue on hackers.

'My guess is that they turned a piece of equipment off and on again, and got things back to normal,' he said.
'Okay, so maybe it was a bit more complicated than that - but in my experience that's the basic solution for most IT problems.
'Similarly, the NYSE could be suffering from a technical glitch that has nothing to do with hoody-wearing hackers in the employ of the People's Liberation Army.
'Even if it was found that hackers were to blame, attributing an attack to a particular country is *notoriously* difficult. Stay safe folks, and don't panic.'
The NYSC halt started at 11:32am and was triggered by 'technical issues,' the NYSE said in a statement.
Damn, Winnson. Posted almost at the exact same time as my thread. High-five...or something. No. It's not glitches. It's just more smoke and mirrors. Can't let anybody know the score until they are in a FEMA camp.
That's not the complete article, but I wanted to put that up and see what people thought about it.

When's the last time the NYSE shut down due to technical error?
The last time it closed indefinitely mid-week was 9/11.
This is like that, what with the grounded planes and stock market halting, but without the crumbling buildings.

Kooky.
They probably stopped the exchange to prevent panic selling. Markets are down big time today.
I heard private sellers still can't make a trade. Only the big boys are doing business.

The stock market is a fucking racket extraordinaire. Tell me where I'm wrong?
Quote:The Homeland Secretary Johnson said the problems were not related to 'nefarious' activity.
The White House confirmed that the President was briefed on the issues
'At this point there in no indication of malicious actions,' said spokesman Josh Earnest.

lol @ them being 100% sure so quickly.

this tells me it might be a cyberattack. they don't want to look vulnerable

the new wars will be fought like this.
Actually no. Internet threats to the infrastructure due to 'hackers' will shut down the internet as we know it.

Watch and see.
CNN (CIA News Network) [Image: CNNIA.jpg] is now saying ISIS's use of encryption technology is the biggest cyber threat with all this stuff with the NYSE & WSJ.

Assange has been warning of this for years now. The NSA leaks that are out there haven't really covered this yet...

Assange says the long-term game is for the NSA/CIA to subvert all encryption technology. Both he and Snowden are now saying encryption is the main battlefield in the long run. Once they squire the capabilities to break 'all' encryption, or use new laws due to "terrorist" cyber attacks to bring technology companies, even rogue programmers under threat of treason charges ... the entire game is over for everyone. Nothing is safe then, even inter-bank networks.

Also, Snowden' files released just a bit ago said that 80% of all new hard drives (Western Digital, Samsung, etc.) have NSA backdoor built into the firmware. They can control any computer with those hard drives & spyware/malware or any kind of ware program will not find them. They are built into the building blocks of the drive, not in software.
You can't stop the Internet baby!

Whoever's willing to do R&D, thank you. Everyone else is just going to download your tech.

And that's, the way it is.
The whole idea of intellectual property is just retarded for us as a people.

Someone else thought of it first, so I'm not allowed to think about that right now.

That whole line of thinking is just crazy.

Patent it!
It's funny that the NYSE shut down for most of the day, and no one ever talked about it much.

I guess these things happen with stock markets.
(07-21-2015 06:41 AM)Winnson Wrote: [ -> ]It's funny that the NYSE shut down for most of the day, and no one ever talked about it much.

I guess these things happen with stock markets.

"Ho-hum. Whatever. My fake numbers about my fake fortune are scrolling across my screen again. That's all that matters."
That about sums it up boss.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's