Evil Academy

Full Version: What this forum needs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I think that this forum has become too entrophied. What we need is an injection of new users that will bring a fresh variety of views to the debate.

I don't know if anyone else is the same, but I honestly think I can predict what most people will say on the forum it makes for boring 'debates'. The worst of it is that apart from me and my fellow Van B boys anyone that really speaks out here has either been run off or banned.

That's why I think we need to make this forum more open. I understand that this could create more work when approving accounts, and I offer to do this myself.

So what does everyone else think? Am I way off base, or am I on to something?
There's like maybe 7 of us now. More posters would definitely help.
I guess I don't really understand the question. The forum is open. You just have to sign up for an account. If you are referring to the fact that the mods have banned certain users, it seems to me that those bans were done to keep discussion of certain subjects (i.e. race) in a more civil tone.

I think the beauty of this forum is its relative small size. Take a surf over to r/conspiracy to see how awesome 100,000 sockpuppet accounts astroturfing the discussion really is.
My issue is that EY has said himself that this forum is essentially invite only at this point. There have been people who have attempted to make accounts but not been approved (like Naderhood from the OG) who haven't been approved because they have spoken out against EY.

This kind of thing means that we aren't getting as varied an opinion as we could be. I'm not saying that standards should be lowered, I'm just saying that at the minute it feels like this forum is dying before my eyes and I want to do something about it.
No, you don't just sign up for an account. You can ask, but you don't get one.

I've helped 3 people I suggested this place to get their accounts activated here, after they tried themselves for over a month, but just couldn't do it.

And Reddit is a bought and paid for arm of the machine. No ifs, ands, or buts about that one. That's just a fact Jack.
(06-18-2015 02:25 AM)Winnson Wrote: [ -> ]No, you don't just sign up for an account. You can ask, but you don't get one.

I've helped 3 people I suggested this place to get their accounts activated here, after they tried themselves for over a month, but just couldn't do it.

And Reddit is a bought and paid for arm of the machine. No ifs, ands, or buts about that one. That's just a fact Jack.

All I know is I signed up one day and was approved in like an hour. Never knew EY or anyone here beforehand, just stumbled upon it while surfing and liked what I found. If that is not the way it works now, then it does deserve discussion.
You are one of the very few that's happened to then sir.

Most of us were invited over from the UG. The mods here have said that they cannot accept applications because of bots, so if you know someone that wants to sign up, you need to refer them.

Did you tweet EY's Twitter to get your account activated like it says in the sticky?
I voted yes. who the fuck voted no?
(06-18-2015 02:36 AM)The Diet Butcher Wrote: [ -> ]I voted yes. who the fuck voted no?

Someone who doesn't enjoy real debate?
I voted no, because if you look at what the mods are dealing with, then bots are a very real problem. Take a look at when members signed up. Starting on May 30th of this year, the spam membership has obviously taken a turn for the worse:

http://www.evilyoshida.com/memberlist.ph...25&page=20

I can understand why these accounts have not been activated.

And, no, I didn't tweet EY or anything. I signed up, and got approved. This was in May of last year. Just looking at the memberlist, since then this place has been targeted. I guess I slipped in under the wire.
I accept that bots are a problem, but why not include some kind of captcha to combat against those situations? That would be far more effective rather than stifling people.
I helped my dad build a wordpress forum before. Dozens of bots signed up daily. I used several captcha plug-ins but they still kept signing up. So yeah, it's a real problem. But how do other forums deal with it? Gotsta be a way.
thinly veiled attempt at getting this place even more over run by liberals

theres plenty of liberal forums to frequent

head over yonder
I had no idea that was the case here, I also thought it was and always has been an open forum like any other.

I just signed up one day, I don't remember getting any invitation or filling out an application etc

this is really a big surprise, changes how I see what I see Huh
I can understand EY's hesitancy to let the place be invaded by hoards of haters or neocons etc.

What fun would that be? Like Anti_archon said, what makes this place cool is that it is a specific kind of frequency of discussion. For this particular kind of CT thinking, its the best forum hands down. Its why I signed up, and its why its 1 of very few forums I participate in. He's created something cool - Why not preserve that?

If you have too much diversity you get no speciality
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's