Evil Academy

Full Version: Starbucks Baristas to lecture you about race relations while you buy coffee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:Starbucks has long been about more than coffee. CEO Howard Schultz has led initiatives to encourage small businesses to create jobs, his company is hiring thousands of veterans and Starbucks is providing free online college educations for many workers.

Now he wants to get you talking about race.
The company's new initiative, called "Race Together," will encourage baristas to write those two words on coffee cups and engage willing customers in discussion about America's racial divide. The reaction on social media has ranged from snarky to vicious—so much so that reports say the head of Starbucks' global PR temporarily suspended his Twitter account.

-CNBC

twilight zone level stuff right here.

you go to a coffee shop to buy coffee, not for some under-educated barista to lecture you about race relations.
I have other things I'd like to discuss while at Starbucks.

Such as why they chose to use a Satanic symbol as their logo?

Why they make products that are affordable to trust fund hipsters but not inner city black people?

Why, if they're worried about economic competition, does Starbucks have a history to buying up or putting potential competition out of business?

Why haven't Starbucks dedicated themselves to making Fair Trade Coffee?

Why does the CEO of Starbucks make almost $22,000,000 a year? Should such people be in charge of starting conversations on economic competition and fairness?

Isn't Starbucks and Howard Schultz the poster children of the disturbing rise of inequality between CEO and worker salaries during last 40-50 years?

If the people at Starbucks begin conversations on these topics...maybe I'll show up.

I do like their coffee. But I kind of miss mom and pop coffee shops that used to be everywhere.
Starbucks is one of the main instruments of the controllers. it has a magical grip over women and yoga practitioners.
Quote:Why does the CEO of Starbucks make almost $22,000,000 a year? Should such people be in charge of starting conversations on economic competition and fairness?

key point. it's all a charade.

continually ramming the "race issue" down people's throats only inflames race relations.

they talk about equality so yeah why does the CEO get 22m a year?

they are probably being paid by elements of the state dept to engage in this.
Quote:I do like their coffee. But I kind of miss mom and pop coffee shops that used to be everywhere.

yep. they destroy all the independent businesses and now they want to lecture people about equality.

RICH.
(03-19-2015 07:22 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I do like their coffee. But I kind of miss mom and pop coffee shops that used to be everywhere.

yep. they destroy all the independent businesses and now they want to lecture people about equality.

RICH.

This.
Anger as Starbucks boss says: We may not pay UK tax for up to three years

Quote:Chief Executive Mark Fox said chain aimed to be profitable by 2017
Mr Fox insisted there was 'nothing abnormal' about the way firm was run
Starbucks slated in 2012 after paying just £8.6m in tax on £3bn of sales
Coffee chain remains under investigation by the European Commission
It volunteered to pay £20 million tax payment in 2012 after complaints

By PETER CAMPBELL FOR THE DAILY MAIL
PUBLISHED: 17:00 GMT, 1 December 2014 | UPDATED: 18:17 GMT, 8 December 2014

The boss of Starbucks has provoked fury by implying that the firm will not pay ‘normal’ levels of tax in the UK for up to three years.
Mark Fox said the coffee chain needed to get ‘its mojo back’ before it begins turning a profit in Britain.
But critics last night described the comments as an insult and urged customers to continue their boycott of the US firm.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z3UmDEGKZD
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonk...wont-work/

Quote:The British want to stop Starbucks from dodging taxes. It won’t work.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on LinkedIn Share via Email More Options

Resize Text Print Article Comments 21
By Jia Lynn Yang April 18, 2014

Starbucks said on April 16 it was relocating its European headquarters from the Netherlands to Britain a year after the U.S. coffee giant was heavily criticized by British lawmakers for tax avoidance. (Carl Court/AFP/Getty Images)
Mention Starbucks in the U.K., and many people think of lattes, Macchiatos — and tax dodging. The coffee giant has faced boycotts, protests and general animosity from the British public since reports emerged in 2012 that Starbucks was paying little to no taxes in the U.K., despite having hundreds of stores in the country.

There was nothing illegal being done, just the usual aggressive tax planning that's become standard for multinationals around the world. The company was under so much pressure that last year it promised to pay the government $16.8 million in 2013 and another $16.8 million this year, all voluntarily.

Now, Starbucks has made another move in its effort to shore up relations. On Wednesday, Starbucks announced that it was moving its European headquarters from Amsterdam to London, adding a "modest number of senior executives" to the operation in London. The company also promises that the move will mean it pays higher taxes in the U.K. (although it's not clear what baseline the company is using for that assertion).

So did the boycotts cause Starbucks to really change its behavior? And why do the British get so much angrier about corporations dodging taxes than Americans, who seem relatively docile about the whole issue?

On the first question, there are real business reasons — aside from public relations — for Starbucks to move its headquarters to London. The company counts the U.K. as its fastest-growing market in Europe. It also has more stores there than anywhere else in the region.

But tax experts also suspect that Starbucks could ultimately end up paying less in taxes, not more, by going to London. To understand, it helps to walk through briefly how Starbucks was saving so much money in taxes in the first place — a good example of how companies everywhere have learned to work the system.
[Image: starbucks-logo.jpg]
[Image: yoga_coffee.3visyiq6gkys04ow44kg800cs.6y...8w.th.jpeg]
[Image: 482ae3db5445fc62a05df2511a244fb6.jpg]

i am the pioneer of the starbucks yoga connection

if you see a yoga studio you will very likely see a starbucks nearby or right next door
This is consistent with Cultural Marxist dogma insofar as a super-wealthy CEO can privilege race (start a campaign about "race relations" in the U.S.) over class (ignore the insanity of him, a super rich person, lecturing about inequality).

Expect the usual characters on the left to be take the bait hook, line, and sinker.

This is exactly why the left, since the 1960s, has been such an asset to the elite.
i just got the latest issue of foreign affairs and its about 'race relations'

amazing how closely they act in unison.
[Image: MA15_cover_US_Final_GIF_980.gif]
starbucks executives

[Image: Casey-Starbucks-Executives0434.jpg]
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's