Evil Academy

Full Version: In honor of Redneck's return
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Some occult fueled kick ass guitar, bass, drum and vocals

Wow, 31:24 minutes of awesomeness.

When i've finished watching Vikings, i'll be watching this.

Chugging a few beers and what not, to prime up.

Any one who didn't like that is a 24 carat f*ggot

Early Zeppelin is the real Zeppelin. Loud distorted blues and pure sexual energy.

Jimmy got all those huge guitar sounds then with his telecaster and a little Supro amp with a Tone-bender Fuzztone, Vox wah & and an Echoplex tape delay plugged into it. On Dazed and Confused he used that wild sounding Theremin synth machine that made spaceship tones as your hands came in proximity to it's antenna.

People associate Jimmy and Zeppelin with Marshall Amps and his Les Paul. Those didn't come til later when he needed a lot more volume on huge stages. There he used Vox's.... 100 watt WEM amp heads... then Sound City 100 watt amp head.... and finally to Marshall 100 watters with many 4X12 Marshall cabinets.

[Image: Jimmy-Page-Telecaster.jpg]

[Image: scan0001-2.jpg]

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

[Image: suproThunderboldff-2-notMine.jpg] [Image: supro2.jpg]

[Image: pagey3.jpg] [Image: tumblr_mmaxyugWHg1qbiwhco1_r2_500.jpg] [Image: tumblr_myiuyqRHfv1s85sz2o1_500.jpg]

[Image: Theremin_ad.jpg]

[Image: JOR003_YARDBIRDS_6.jpg]
Oh yeah, I forgot... Mr. Page grows nearer and nearer by the day to having to fulfilling his part of his long term contract. And you thought champion's clauses and image & likeness rights in-perpetuity with the UFC were bad. Smile
For a while Page was the best guitar player period. Even that weird Swedish,Yngwie Malmsteen guy says it's between the 2 Jimmy's but he gives to other guy, I say page because autistic playing is incredible ..I love Page playing Irish/Welsh/British folk it's awesome.

Unfortunately....Jimmy's Heroine problem became very bad and he turned into one of the worst live guitar players. He still managed to be genius in the studio but just a mess physically.
(03-07-2015 04:51 PM)Dagwood Wrote: [ -> ]Early Zeppelin is the real Zeppelin. Loud distorted blues and pure sexual energy.

Jimmy got all those huge guitar sounds then with his telecaster and a little Supro amp with a Tone-bender Fuzztone, Vox wah & and an Echoplex tape delay plugged into it. On Dazed and Confused he used that wild sounding Theremin synth machine that made spaceship tones as your hands came in proximity to it's antenna.

People associate Jimmy and Zeppelin with Marshall Amps and his Les Paul. Those didn't come til later when he needed a lot more volume on huge stages. There he used Vox's.... 100 watt WEM amp heads... then Sound City 100 watt amp head.... and finally to Marshall 100 watters with many 4X12 Marshall cabinets.

[Image: Jimmy-Page-Telecaster.jpg]

[Image: scan0001-2.jpg]

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

[Image: suproThunderboldff-2-notMine.jpg] [Image: supro2.jpg]

[Image: pagey3.jpg] [Image: tumblr_mmaxyugWHg1qbiwhco1_r2_500.jpg] [Image: tumblr_myiuyqRHfv1s85sz2o1_500.jpg]

[Image: Theremin_ad.jpg]

[Image: JOR003_YARDBIRDS_6.jpg]
I love Early Zep blues and folk. I listen 1 and III a lot probably my favorite albums.
I also like the what they did in the mid to late 70's for different reasons..I just listened to some tracks from InThrough the Outdoor, Fool in the Rain is such a good song..they could play anystyle of music and own it ...but yes the traditional root music is the soul of Zep.
I have an interesting theory about the song That's the Way form Led Zeppelin III if any one would like to hear it.
JPJ, Bonzo and Percy kick ass in the little concert also
It was kinda fucked up when Plant and Page decided to do that early reunion thing whatever it was …but they didn't call John Paul Jones about it. Sad

Bands like Zep -bands of that time, were bands that were In control of what they did, where they did it, what they played, etc. They were managed but they were not controlled like marionettes the way modern bands are. If they decided to do an epic 14 minute long tune with an extended drum solo, then nobody said shit about it -even though it likely meant that that tune wouldn't get airplay, and, thus, wouldn't make as much money for the company.

Unfortunately (but not surprisingly) the money machine won over time and bands -"super bands" disappeared -replaced by new cocaine driven discotheques and canned synthe-muzik. And after that, people's minds were so frozen, nobody had any standards for what the industry started spewing out afterwards. Some bands like Nirvana tried to rebel against that system and get things back to the basics…but, of course, the industry just grabbed ahold of that idea and commercialized it, too. Pretty soon, there were grunge clothing lines and grunge musical instruments….etc.

I claim Zep as one of "my" bands. I grew up with their sound. I went through my adolescence with them. To this day, when I hear a song come on some obscure college radio stain as I pass through town at 2:00 am, I am 15 years old, again.

It wasn't so much the individual members, but of the entire outcome of what they did when they were together. Any drummer will tell you that there's never been and there's never going to be another John Bonham. He was just that unique. And to be unique in a world filled with drummers, is profound. But he did what he did in context of the other guys. Bonham likely wouldn't have been able to generate the same energy in back of just anyone. -my opinion, anyway.

John Paul Jones played bass AND keyboards, don't forget! "Close the door. Turn out the light…"

And the two front men of Page and Plant was an amazing thing to see. You never took your eyes off the stage.

Individually, they were great. Together, they were just unbelievable! Great band.

LOL! Play those two videos simultaneously and listen!!!!

Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's