Evil Academy

Full Version: Saber-rattling, or warning with truthful confidence from Putin???!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My question is: are there honest assessments out there that give a honest review of the state and might of the Russian military???!!! 2 decades ago the Russian military was revealed that have been rotted by underfunding and neglect???!!! During the days of Boris Yeltsin, soldiers weren't getting their meager pay and only patriotism caused them to stay at their posts...and when the cameras came and filmed what was their previously high-security bases, the equipment they had their had the look of 1970s vintage made-in-the-USSR crap???!!!! During that period, I'm sure there was a brain-drain and cannon-fodder drain as many officers and enlisted men got out of there to make money elsewhere and their research and development stalled for want of rubles that weren't there????!!!!

And I don't think anyone has forgotten how the prime Soviet war materiel (tanks, planes, etc) fared poorly against the American tanks, planes, etc in the Gulf Wars????!!!

In my opinion, the Russians would be a serious threat anywhere close to their borders, since their lines of communications are short...but their threat is only a regional one and I think they would do poorly in a global conflict where they just don't have enough to deal with multiple sides of conflict...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ukraine...ch-n309651

Vladimir Putin Says Russia's Military Might Has No Match
Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday other countries should not have the illusion that they can attain military superiority over Russia, Interfax reported.

"No one should have the illusion that they can gain military superiority over Russia, put any kind of pressure on it. We will always have an adequate answer for any such adventures," he was quoted as saying in an address he will present next week on the Defenders' of the Fatherland Day holiday.

The report of Putin's comments came the same day British Defense Secretary Michael Fallon said that Putin posed a "real and present danger" to the Baltic nations of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, all of which are NATO members. In comments published by The Times, Fallon said NATO was preparing to repel any possible aggression.

I
The Baltic states are NATO members?
(02-21-2015 08:10 PM)Megatherium Wrote: [ -> ]The Baltic states are NATO members?
http://www.nato.int/cps/en/natolive/topics_52044.htm

At present, NATO has 28 members. In 1949, there were 12 founding members of the Alliance: Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, the United Kingdom and the United States. The other member countries are: Greece and Turkey (1952), Germany (1955), Spain (1982), the Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland (1999), Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia (2004), and Albania and Croatia (2009).

Provision for enlargement is given by Article 10 of the North Atlantic Treaty, which states that membership is open to any “European State in a position to further the principles of this Treaty and to contribute to the security of the North Atlantic area”.

Any decision to invite a country to join the Alliance is taken by the North Atlantic Council, NATO’s principal decision-making body, on the basis of consensus among all Allies. Currently, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Montenegro and the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia¹ are aspiring members.

Albania

Belgium

Bulgaria

Canada

Croatia

Czech Republic

Denmark

Estonia

France

Germany

Greece

Hungary

Iceland

Italy

Latvia

Lithuania

Luxembourg

Netherlands

Norway

Poland

Portugal

Romania

Slovakia

Slovenia

Spain

Turkey

United Kingdom

United States
(02-21-2015 08:10 PM)Megatherium Wrote: [ -> ]The Baltic states are NATO members?
Unfortunately we have the Italians on our side again???!!!
One of our newer members (Active military: 17500; Reserves: 218,886; all told if total mobilization was needed: 594,497, ages 15–49)???!!!

More women than men???!!!!

[Image: EZYcakV.jpg]
(02-21-2015 06:48 PM)ba_dass Wrote: [ -> ]My question is: are there honest assessments out there that give a honest review of the state and might of the Russian military???!!! 2 decades ago the Russian military was revealed that have been rotted by underfunding and neglect???!!! During the days of Boris Yeltsin, soldiers weren't getting their meager pay and only patriotism caused them to stay at their posts...and when the cameras came and filmed what was their previously high-security bases, the equipment they had their had the look of 1970s vintage made-in-the-USSR crap???!!!! During that period, I'm sure there was a brain-drain and cannon-fodder drain as many officers and enlisted men got out of there to make money elsewhere and their research and development stalled for want of rubles that weren't there????!!!!

And I don't think anyone has forgotten how the prime Soviet war materiel (tanks, planes, etc) fared poorly against the American tanks, planes, etc in the Gulf Wars????!!!

In my opinion, the Russians would be a serious threat anywhere close to their borders, since their lines of communications are short...but their threat is only a regional one and I think they would do poorly in a global conflict where they just don't have enough to deal with multiple sides of conflict...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ukraine...ch-n309651

Vladimir Putin Says Russia's Military Might Has No Match
Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday other countries should not have the illusion that they can attain military superiority over Russia, Interfax reported.

"No one should have the illusion that they can gain military superiority over Russia, put any kind of pressure on it. We will always have an adequate answer for any such adventures," he was quoted as saying in an address he will present next week on the Defenders' of the Fatherland Day holiday.

The report of Putin's comments came the same day British Defense Secretary Michael Fallon said that Putin posed a "real and present danger" to the Baltic nations of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, all of which are NATO members. In comments published by The Times, Fallon said NATO was preparing to repel any possible aggression.

I

Yes, there are. And every one of them puts the Russian military at #2 in the world and even ahead of the U.S. in areas.

Also, you can look at the reaction of Obama to Russia's and China's response to his "air strikes to punish Assad" threat -- he backed offed (or, rather, the military brass told Obama to back off).

More importantly is the presumption -- again by "honest assessments" -- that if two nuclear powers went head to head, it would place the planet on the brink of nuclear annihilation.
The state of the Russian military after the fall of the Soviet Union was brought about after a decade plus of depleting it in a vain attempt to conquer and occupy Afghanistan. Sound familiar?

Russia has had two decades to rebuild with very limited engagements. The US on the other hand...
(02-21-2015 06:48 PM)ba_dass Wrote: [ -> ]And I don't think anyone has forgotten how the prime Soviet war materiel (tanks, planes, etc) fared poorly against the American tanks, planes, etc in the Gulf Wars????!!!

Untrained Iraqi tank crews equipped with machines destined for scrap is not prime Soviet materiel.

The Russians have proven time and again that they can defend the mother land. That's all they need to do as they are not trying to conquer the world.

If anyone needs an honest assessment of their military it's the US. Waging war on the civilian population and infrastructure of small defenseless countries may give a false sense of accomplishment.

*moves to Estonia*
Thinking of making my next vacation in Estonia. Good genetics are good genetics. Smile
(02-23-2015 12:20 AM)Fugazi Wrote: [ -> ]*moves to Estonia*
AND that's what I would call an "European Union"??????!!!!!!!!
(02-23-2015 12:51 AM)canuckster Wrote: [ -> ]Thinking of making my next vacation in Estonia. Good genetics are good genetics. Smile

http://rt.com/news/234363-armata-tracked...-platform/

Russia’s new Armata tank on Army 2015 shopping list

Published time: February 21, 2015 14:43 Get short URL

[Image: 2.jpg]

Screenshot from youtube.com video

Russian troops are receiving beta versions of a future armored tracked platform that could usher in the 5th generation conventional land tank, heavy APC, artillery and missile launcher and possibly fully robotic assault armored vehicle.

After five years of development, the Uralvagonzavod Research and Production Corporation has finalized manufacture of the first batch of Armata tanks and heavy personnel carriers. They have been included in Russia’s 2015 defense order, TASS said.

Reportedly, 20 units have already been manufactured and issued to troops for hands-on training.

The exact characteristics and appearance of the platform remain classified, though this might soon change as the new vehicles are on the verge of taking part in the Victory Day Parade on Red Square, May 9 this year.

A better chance to see these innovative battle vehicles of the future might be given to experts and public alike during Russia Arms Expo 2015 (September 9-12, Nizhniy Tagil).

[Image: 2.jpg]

Screenshot from youtube.com video

Mark this name: Armata

The new Armata armored tracked platform has reportedly combined and assimilated all the last decade’s major developments and innovations in battle vehicle design and construction.

The platform’s chief tank (T-14) sports an unmanned remotely controlled turret armed with a brand new 125 mm 2A82-1M smoothbore cannon. Its muzzle energy is greater than one of the world’s previously considered best cannons: the German Leopard-2 Rheinmetall 120 mm gun.

The 125 mm gun has 15-20 percent improved accuracy and its rolling fire angular dispersion has improved 1.7 times.

According to Russian media, the Armata tank might also come with a specially developed 152 mm gun, the most powerful ever cannon to be mounted on a main battle tank.

The tank’s turret will also carry a 30 mm sub-caliber ranging gun to deal with various targets, including low-flying aerial targets, such as attack planes and helicopters.

A 12.5 mm turret-mounted heavy machine gun is reportedly capable of taking out incoming projectiles, such as anti-tank missiles. It’s capable of neutralizing shells approaching at speeds of up to 3,000 meters per second.

The tank’s crew is securely enclosed in a multi-layer armored capsule separated from the ammunition container. The vehicle is fully computerized and only needs two servicemen to operate it. Each can also deploy the tank’s weapon systems.

The tank’s targeting is reportedly done with an active-phased array antenna and a large variety of other sensors.

The Armata platform allegedly has a fully mechanized electric transmission, powered by a 1,200 HP diesel engine. For greater efficiency, maintenance and repair schedules have been extended.

Within its blueprint, the Armata armored vehicle has the potential to evolve into a fully robotic battle vehicle.

According to preliminary estimates, 2,300 units are required for the Russian army.

Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's