Evil Academy

Full Version: NBC's Brian Williams finally gets caught in one of his many lies...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Veterans slam Brian Williams for Iraq 'lie,' question his apology

NBC News anchor Brian Williams has angered many military veterans for repeatedly telling a personal story of sustaining enemy fire in Iraq that never happened.

Over the past 12 years Williams and NBC claimed that he was on-board a Chinook helicopter that was hit by two rockets and small arms fire in Iraq in 2003, when in fact he arrived at the scene in a separate helicopter about an hour later and was never in grave danger.

“On this broadcast last week in an effort to honor and thank a veteran who protected me and so many others following a ground-fire incident in the desert during the Iraq War, I made a mistake in recalling the events of 12 years ago,” Williams said in an on-air apology Wednesday night. “It didn't take long to hear from some brave men and women in the air crews who were also in the desert. I want to apologize: I said I was traveling in an aircraft that was hit by RPG fire. I was instead in a following aircraft. We all landed and spent two harrowing nights in a sandstorm in the desert. This was a bungled attempt by me to thank one special veteran, and by extension: our brave military men and women - Veterans everywhere -- those who have served while I did not. I hope they know they have my greatest respect… and also now my apology.”

The omission isn’t sitting well with some.

“Brian knew what he was saying. He didn't forget what chopper he was on. It took the soldiers that were there to make him finally admit he lied about the incident,” SSG of the U.S. Army Anthony Anderson, who operates the Guardian of Valor website and Stolen Valor Facebook page, told FOX411. “Although it doesn't meet the definition [of] ‘Stolen Valor,’ it's still along the same lines, as he claimed to be in an incident involving combat that he wasn't in. I believe he only apologized because the soldiers protested. Had they not spoken up, would he have ever apologized for it?”

Kris “Tanto” Paronto, a former Army Ranger from 2nd Battalion 75th Ranger Regiment and a survivor in the 2012 Benghazi Consulate attack, was outraged.

"This is one of, if not the most despicable acts of lying to those who have served and the United States Citizens. He is stealing valor from those that have actually seen combat, been shot at with RPG's and small arms fire," he said. "I can tell you from firsthand experience that you do not misremember being shot at. This lie and continual lying to cover up the first lie says a lot about Mr. Williams’ character, or lack thereof. This is a serious offense."

Paronto added that while he is doubtful there will be any repercussions by NBC toward their prized “Nightly News” anchor, the public should scrutinize his legitimacy and everything he says.

"What concerns me as well is how much has he and/or NBC lied about over the years? In my opinion, and that's all it is, both are fully compromised news organizations and should no longer be a credible source for news for many years to come," he stated. "Keep in mind, if military personnel would've done this, he/she would at very least be given an Article 15, busted down in rank, and possibly pay withheld until a full investigation was completed."

Jonathan Gilliam, former Navy SEAL and federal agent condemned Williams for what he called “minimizing the lie” in his apology.

“Minimization and lying are the characteristics of a deviant behavior and are typically signs of guilt,” he said.

In a now painful-to-watch interview with David Letterman in 2013, Williams recounted his version of events.

"We were in some helicopters. What we didn’t know was, we were north of the invasion. We were the northernmost Americans in Iraq,” he told the late night host. “We were going to drop some bridge portions across the Euphrates so the Third Infantry could cross on them. Two of the four helicopters were hit, by ground fire, including the one I was in, RPG and AK-47."

But when approached for comment, an NBC News spokeswoman pointed us to a Dateline transcript dated March 26, 2003 quotes Williams: “on the ground, we learn the Chinook ahead of us was almost blown out of the sky.”

In addition, Williams has written a comment in response to service members that have posted about the issue on Facebook.

“You are absolutely right and I was wrong. In fact, I spent much of the weekend thinking I'd gone crazy. I feel terrible about making this mistake, especially since I found my OWN WRITING about the incident from back in '08, and I was indeed on the Chinook behind the bird that took the RPG in the tail housing just above the ramp,” he wrote. “Because I have no desire to fictionalize my experience (we all saw it happened the first time) and no need to dramatize events as they actually happened, I think the constant viewing of the video showing us inspecting the impact area -- and the fog of memory over 12 years -- made me conflate the two, and I apologize.”

Williams went on to describe his memory of the armored mech platoon and meeting different service members.

“My attempt to pay tribute to CSM Terpak was to honor his 23 [plus] years in service to our nation, and it had been 12 years since I saw him. The ultimate irony is: In writing up the synopsis of the 2 nights and 3 days I spent with him in the desert, I managed to switch aircraft. Nobody's trying to steal anyone's valor,” he added. “Quite the contrary: I was and remain a civilian journalist covering the stories of those who volunteered for duty. This was simply an attempt to thank Tim, our military and Veterans everywhere -- those who have served while I did not."

Here is Lyin' Williams telling his made-up version of events on Letterman:

One has to be a skilled craftsman in the art of lying to even sniff at a job like the one Williams has had at NBC. If honesty was suddenly introduced into the MSM, our whole system would collapse.
pretty big and embarrassing lie.

I find it hilarious how people are up in arms about questioning sandy hook "because of the kids"

then support the Iraq War that has displaced and killed at least 20-30K kids all due to FALSE INTEL and LYING.
His apology was pathetic because he's lying in order to cover up more lies. Usually when you do that it only causes more problems for you. However these talking heads and media puppets often get away with the most brazen lies; it is after all their job to lie. In a sane and moral society, news people and journalists should be held to the highest standard and the things they say should be intensely scrutinized. In today's world, the opposite is true.

If he had a shred of dignity or journalistic integrity, he would resign.
lol these guys are propaganda salesmen.

to even believe them in the first place is stupidity on your part.
the guy is good at telling lies.. look at how authoriative he looks when he is recalling the story.

lol.

this is very very embarrassing.
(02-06-2015 07:52 AM)DonJohnson Wrote: [ -> ]lol these guys are propaganda salesmen.

to even believe them in the first place is stupidity on your part.

Plus the fact that he is white right off the bat you know that he can't be trusted.

These people will smile to your face and then stab you in the back at the first opportunity. Sick culture and race.

To think he was one the "good guys" and someone who people trusted most of all the television news personalities.

Dan Rather went through a similar situation when he lied about Bush and it cost him his job and legacy.

To make matters worse I'm positive this guy is a terrible dancer with motions resembling a robot and very choppy.
Yeah lets just admit it already

good thread. People will still believe what he says. Honest;y, its completely baffling to me how the mainstream media maintains any credibility at all, let alone the absolute monopoly on public opinion that it somehow maintains.

I still firmly believe that the day the general public starts seeing mainstream news for what it is, is the day real progress can begin. Until people stop swallowing that crud every day as some sort of trustworthy source, we can never collectively escape the trap
public opinion and the media matters because often times people in power are watching the same thing. people in power also have normal friends or relatives that they talk to and their decisions may be influenced by them.
(02-06-2015 10:50 AM)Masato Toys Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah lets just admit it already

good thread. People will still believe what he says. Honest;y, its completely baffling to me how the mainstream media maintains any credibility at all, let alone the absolute monopoly on public opinion that it somehow maintains.

I still firmly believe that the day the general public starts seeing mainstream news for what it is, is the day real progress can begin. Until people stop swallowing that crud every day as some sort of trustworthy source, we can never collectively escape the trap

I agree 100% Masato. It's good to see you here as well. I hope all is well and the book is coming along nicely.

Benwahwah is a great dude with a heart of gold and very intelligent. It must have been weird to hear that accent. I suspect he has a ockney accent from London right?

What you said above is the reason why I get most of my new from forum member ba_dass who filters through all the bullshit shill stories to post only what is imperative.

The hidden gems and information nuggets he discovers are pulitzer prize worthy.

He truly is im my eyes the most underappreciated poster and someone who I wish would post more often.
Brian Williams might be a little shady.

Luckily we still have honest people in the media like Anderson Cooper who are more interested in finding truth than manufacturing reality.
(02-06-2015 10:50 AM)Masato Toys Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah lets just admit it already

Status quo is maintained because most people are not willing to re-evaluate their entire reality and everything they have ever known.
can't forget about this little nugget...

Clinton says she 'misspoke' about sniper fire
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/25/c...=hpmostpop

Quote:(CNN) -- Sen. Hillary Clinton said she "misspoke" last week when she gave a dramatic description of her arrival in Bosnia 12 years ago, recounting a landing under sniper fire.

Clinton was responding to a question Monday from the Philadelphia Daily News' editorial board about video footage of the event that contradicted her assertion that her group "ran with our heads down" from the plane to avoid sniper fire at the Tuzla Air Base.

"I say a lot of things -- millions of words a day -- so if I misspoke, that was just a misstatement," she said.

In a radio interview that aired Tuesday, Clinton said she wasn't worried about the incident hurting her credibility.

"I have been in the public eye for many, many years, and this is something that I think happens to anybody," she told radio station KDKA in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

[Image: hillary_clinton-looking-down-245x300.jpg]

DERP.

EDIT: raw, unedited footage uncovered by this "Certified Forensic Online Research Xpert" shows that she may have just been telling the truth:

(02-07-2015 05:31 AM)Daglord Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: raw, unedited footage uncovered by this "Certified Forensic Online Research Xpert" shows that she may have just been telling the truth:

"It's so reeeeeal!"

Someone with Photoshop skills should post a photo of Williams with a lengthening Pinocchio-nose. I don't think he'll be fired or pointedly pushed out...they'll give a little time, say lend him to PBS for a short spell, which will turn into a long stay AND then he quietly leave his official post, with the thanks of the network for him being a good sport about it???!!! It won't be Dan rather exit but more like a Judy Woodruff send-off to PBS and NPR????!!!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's