Evil Academy

Full Version: Greece votes for sanctions against Russia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:THURSDAY, JANUARY 29, 2015
Well, that did not take long
Greece voted for sanctions against Russia.

The dream was nice while it lasted.

Now lets forget SYRIZA.

The Saker

http://vineyardsaker.blogspot.com/2015/0...-long.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/01/2...B720150129
greek people duped with a far left leader.

not a surprise.

emotional.
Up until hours ago they were reporting that SYRIZA is some brave opposition party that is anti-austerity and will open new dialogs with Russia.

SYRIZA is going to roll back slightly a few austerity measures for awhile, but remain completely controlled. They have no viable solutions to Greece's problems anyway, and Tsipras doesn't intend to follow through with his promises.

If Tsipras was the person he pretends to be, he would pardon every imprisoned Golden Dawn MP.
A potential Greece-Russia cooperation could become a big problem for the EU in the long run.

On Thursday, Russia announced that it would consider extending financial aid to Greece if the latter asked. Bremmer notes that Greece gets a lot of money from Russia through trade and tourism, and there’s a long-term gas pipeline deal in the mix as well. Russia would also love warm water port, since Ukraine and Syria haven’t been working out.

"The new Greek government is cause for concern, especially because Tsipras has voiced his opposition to NATO membership in the past," Bremmer told BI. "And his early actions — these comments regarding sanctions, as well as his meeting with the Russian ambassador to Greece within hours of taking office—demonstrate that he is willing to engage differently with Moscow."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/greece-sy...z3QGqvWGUX
maybe they showed the new guy his custom dossier courtesy of FVEY
more realistically though.. they probably traded the sanctions angle in exchange for debt relief.

that was a strong bargaining chip.
I wouldn't count em out yet. They were just sworn in.

I don't know exactly how the EU parliament is structured but I don't think the *insert EU member* bureaucrats are appointed by their government. I mean are the ones who voted from Syriza?
Russia has offered them money in exchange for political support. they need to take up that offer.

the EU pigs cannot be trusted.
With this in mind... If Russian attacked Turkey from the rear, do you think Greece would help?
(01-30-2015 01:22 PM)rezin Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't count em out yet. They were just sworn in.

I don't know exactly how the EU parliament is structured but I don't think the *insert EU member* bureaucrats are appointed by their government. I mean are the ones who voted from Syriza?

Good point.

We should find out. It might be a MSM spin job.
Here in the UK members of the EU parliament are voted in via separate elections. So it is highly likely that rezin is correct.
Quote: Anonymous said...
Before we think that the election of Syriza in Greece will not be a significant event for Europe and the world, I would suggest people don't pay any attention to MSM headlines but listen to what Yanis Varoufakis has to say on various youtube channels yesterday and during the last few years. As the new finance minister of Greece, I view him as the leading player of the new Greek government. IMHO, he may the catalyst that transforms Europe back into a normal society instead of being a sock puppet of the US. He impresses me the same way Putin does. Watch wat he does in the next few weeks!! Cheers and hope the Saker feels better. Tom in Vero Beach
Quote: Anonymous said...
Varoufakis as minister of Finance is a HUGE win for Europe and Greece. Very smart guy and his solution to the crisis is brilliant! Create a European development bank, basically modeled on the BRICS bank. By Europe , for Europe... Not just Greece but all of Europe.
Reference URL's