Evil Academy

Full Version: The Biggest Mistake - You Are a Body Projecting Awareness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you are told the world is flat, you would probably question it.

If you are told the moon is made of cheese, you would probably question it.

But rarely do we ever question what we have been taught by our parents, teachers, and society at large...that we are bodies projecting awareness.

The body is a by-product of consciousness, which is a by-product of awareness(The Absolute/God/Brahman).

Notice that the body isn't projecting awareness but, quite clearly, that awareness is observing and projecting a body.

Notice, as well, that awareness is aware of and projecting all of the "other" objects as well.

In meditation, it is important to return to your original state of Supreme Oneness.

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them."

- Genesis 1:27

When we were told we were "created in God's image", we falsely imagined that to mean that God somehow had a body and a mind and somehow looked like us.

In other words, we created him in our image out of ignorance.

And we lost sight of our true nature as an extension of God's image as the Supreme Witness.

Without borders, concepts, images, or bodies.

To find Union with God, to return to the Garden of Eden, is to resists the lie of the snake that "I am this" or "I am that" and return to our original nature and oneness with God as the Supreme Witness.

But there is one quite mighty domino that standing in front that keeps the rest from being knocked over...the idea that I Am The Body.

"I Am The Body" is the original fruit of temptation/false knowledge.

[Image: adamandeve_zps2e2fa3cc.jpg]

And eating of this fruit, the first separation from God and His Kingdom.

Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.

- John 3:3

And said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

- Matthew 18:3

What Jesus is saying is to turn within.

And to become "born again" or "become like children" is to remember what your original nature was before the "I Am The Body" idea was planted in the mind and you became nothing more than a body projecting awareness, rather than the other way around.

During meditation, it is important to take this apple of false knowledge and hand it back to the serpent.

Once this is done...no technique will be needed.

Timeless truth, I tell you: 'whoever believes in me, those works which I have done he will also do, and he will do greater works than these, because I am going to the presence of my Father.'

- John 14:12

To go unto the "The Father" or the "Presence of The Father" is to take the journey back to your original nature as pure awareness.

This is true unconditional love as all bodies and objects are projected from it.

And from the viewpoint of pure awareness, self and neighbor merge into one and are loved in equal measure.

But so long as one is worried about being body, about getting ahead, about making something of themselves...there is no unconditional love and one must suffer the world to which he or she is juxtaposed.

"Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God."

- Galatians 5:19-5:21

When it says "works of the flesh", Galatians is indicating these actions all stem from "I Am The Body" first idea...which sets the house in disarray.

And to destroy that idea...setting the house back in order.

These are just random thoughts for the day.

Meditations on this idea can be created if anybody is interested in trying them.
So instead of saying to myself, "I feel hungry", I should say to myself,"ihitpeople requires sustenance."?
"There is Hunger"

This is a great post THE DEAN

Have you ever heard of Tom Campbell? He used to be a physicist who believed that consciousness was a result of matter (ie: the physical body/brain causes consciousness)

Later in life he had an epiphany and totally flipped his world view: The body (and all physical matter) is a result of consciousness! The cause & effect were reversed.

As a result of this shift he changed his career entirely and is now one of the leaders in the modern study of consciousness

I tend to think this way too. Its why we are able to think of something and then manifest it into the physical world and thus change the physical world.

Life is but a dream Smile
(01-17-2015 07:56 AM)ihitpeople Wrote: [ -> ]So instead of saying to myself, "I feel hungry", I should say to myself,"ihitpeople requires sustenance."?

One could just verbalize it as "hunger is present".

Otherwise, this thing you are calling "ihitpeople" is a just fleeting notion that arises and subsides with the whims of the stomach.

The mind and the body are in conspiracy together. Don't buy into it. Wink

You just remain as the Pure Witness.
(01-17-2015 08:04 AM)Masato Toys Wrote: [ -> ]"There is Hunger"

This is a great post THE DEAN

Have you ever heard of Tom Campbell? He used to be a physicist who believed that consciousness was a result of matter (ie: the physical body/brain causes consciousness)

Later in life he had an epiphany and totally flipped his world view: The body (and all physical matter) is a result of consciousness! The cause & effect were reversed.

I tend to think this way too. Its why we are able to think of something and then manifest it into the physical world and thus change the physical world.

Life is but a dream Smile

Good catch on "There is Hunger". You beat me to it.

But, no, I haven't heard about Tom Campbell until now. I'll definitely read up on his story though.

It sounds very interesting.
^ lots of videos of him, they are all great

He kinda looks like Horus Rising Big Grin
Thanks Masato...I'm watching a video now.

He's talking about the double slit experience, which I'm already quite familiar with.

Should be an interesting talk.
Yes he says this is a proof that consciousness affects matter

This whole physical dimension could be a manifestation of the collective state of consciousness

This is why we need to raise it imo - no physical changes (laws, political ideologies, government policies etc) can be made until the consciousness of everyone makes a shift.

IMO most propaganda is to keep this shift at bay; to keep us sinking back into the old materialistic patterns of consciousness, where brain > mind
Lovely post as per usual me Dean! Mr Dean
I never gave this viewpoint much credence until a couple months ago when I got into a philosophical discussion with a coworker. The important thing to consider is the wavefunction from quantum mechanics. The Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics says that the wavefunction exists as a superposition of all possible states and the act of observation forces the wavefunction to collapse into one of these states. This viewpoint is riddled with problems however. There's no explanation for what constitutes an observer and no mechanism by which consciousness interacts with a probability wave (whatever that is). There's no explanation for the process of the collapse of the wavefunction.

So instead my coworker proposes that the quantum wavefunction is thought, or consciousness if you prefer. People can imagine all kinds of things. We can hold multiple thoughts that contradict each other. Thought, or imagination, is much like the quantum wavefunction but it remains nothing more than a thought until we act on it. So the quantum wavefunction is simply a thought of God and the collapse of the wavefunction is the act of God. My coworker assumes there's a God separate from the universe, but I see no need for such an assumption. God is the universe itself. Its thoughts are the wavefunction and its actions are the collapse of the wavefunction. Nothing in the universe is separate from God. Our thoughts are God's thoughts.
I wouldn't even mind going back to Christianity but I do have difference with the philosophy and direction of modern churches.

I spent three hours the other day talking w/ somebody who is suffering from severe depression.

She has struggled with it most of her life.

She was raised Catholic, like myself, and has tried to go to church every once in a while but never ends up going back.

It's mostly about structure and money.

People today have real problems with stress, anxiety, depression and the churches do not empower with with practical advice to overcome these states of mind.

For example, I was listening to a Catholic radio station the other day.

One of the guys was talking about Jesus saying "The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand" and merely interpreted it as Jesus saying that "He" is the Kingdom of Heaven and entering it is through merely believing in him.

But is that really what "at hand" means?

The technical translation appears to be "near".

But I take that to mean that it is near, now, within, and/or closer to you than you would expect.

Jesus really taught that Union with God was about going within, withdrawing from the world, and finding your truest self.

And your truest self is what is "hidden that shall be revealed".

This teaching, if it is practices, empowers people and gives them a way toward a Godly life and out of the suffering mind.

But many go to church only to come home with absolutely nothing that is practical and can be applied to their own lives on a daily basis.

The sad thing is, as a lifelong Catholic, it took learning about Buddhism and Advaita Vedanta to truly appreciate the words and teachings of Jesus.

I find this this true of a lot of people today.

The teaching of Jesus combined with prayer and mindfulness meditation is a truly powerful thing.

But, unfortunately, that is often frowned upon by many Christian leaders.

It's truly sad because people, in today's morally ambiguous world, are suffering and need practical help. Not just blind faith.

To two, faith and spiritual practice, need to combined. One had washes the other IMO.
I thought Catholic Churches don't really ask you to Tithe.. or even if they do it's very small. When I visited a Church in korea, they only had a box in the back for tithing.

the problem with Catholicism is that it's been subverted since the 2nd vatican council. They are teaching heretical things now.
(01-20-2015 02:54 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]I thought Catholic Churches don't really ask you to Tithe.. or even if they do it's very small. When I visited a Church in korea, they only had a box in the back for tithing.

the problem with Catholicism is that it's been subverted since the 2nd vatican council. They are teaching heretical things now.

When I was a kid, they didn't really ask for a tithe. They had people come around with basket and you could put a couple of dollars in but you didn't have to if you didn't have it.

Nowadays...many churches are using mass to tell people about writing checks for a thousand dollars, ten thousand dollars, or whatever the maximum amount it is you can write the check for.

At least, that's what the church's I and the person I talked to the other night appear to be doing.

I think it's different now. Not quite the same as when I was growing up.
As for "The Kingdom is at Hand" quote. Here's another interesting statement attributed to Jesus.

They(disciples) said to him, "Tell us who you are so that we may believe in you."

He(Jesus) said to them, "You examine the face of heaven and earth, but you have not come to know the one who is in your presence, and you do not know how to examine the present moment."

At Hand = here & now, near, present moment, within
I believe it. A lot of the Catholic Churches are similar to the protestant ones that ask for huge donations.

but traditionally they were not money grubbers.

it also could be that the billions paid out due to the sex scandals has made them low on funds.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's