Evil Academy

Full Version: "Why should we go 2 class, we came to play football, classes r pointless" OSU QB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah, why should you have to go to class? No matter that you can barely read and write, you'll still graduate with a joke degree in "Afro-American Studies" and become rich and famous because you can run fast and throw a ball. Let the other kids study to the point of exhaustion and bury themselves in student debt, learning is for suckers.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy sports. But they're getting harder and harder to enjoy when teams keep hiring guys like this. No offense meant, but the day the Giants hire a black quarterback, I quit watching all sports except maybe MMA.

Cardale Jones: Classes pointless

http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...-pointless

[Image: XFIAXMll.jpg]

Ohio State third-string quarterback Cardale Jones made his feelings about attending classes clear Friday on Twitter.

"Why should we have to go to class if we came here to play FOOTBALL, we ain't come to play SCHOOL classes are POINTLESS," he wrote.

The tweet and Jones' entire account have been deleted, but multiple media outlets captured Jones' words before they vanished.

Ohio State sent out a statement late Friday night regarding Jones' tweet and its policy on social media.

"We allow our student-athletes the opportunity to express themselves via the social mediums," the statement read. "What we do ask of them and communicate to them is the importance of being respectful, appropriate and aware that their communications can impact many people. We remind that others may have different views and opinions on what may and may not be appropriate, so always remember not to post or tweet anything that could embarrass themselves, their team, teammates, the university, their family or other groups, organizations or people."

Jones is behind Braxton Miller and Kenny Guiton on the depth chart and has not played a down for Ohio State.

Jones signed with the Buckeyes in February 2011, but spent last year at a military prep school in Virginia to boost his academics, the Detroit Free Press reported. ESPN ranked him as the nation's 33rd-best quarterback in the 2011 class.

In June, Ohio State was recognized because its multiyear Academic Progress Rate scores were in the top 10 percent of Division I football teams. OSU also received the same honor in 2011.
I was wondering why the broadcasters and Urban Meyer were trying to play it like he had some kind of maturation turnaround for the National championship game.

This must have been the thing he was a headache about.

He's right, though... Especially for Buckeye football players. They don't have to do more than the bare minimum for school. The ones that don't make it to the NFL can pick a job from this big book full of alumni boosters when they get done playing football. They all want to have ex-Buckeyes on the payroll.
The blackifying of american sports was a terrible thing.

I know the western zombie loves to watch high level athletes rather than uncoordinated white dudes but these hebrew leagues have afforded the blacks opportunities it does not deserve
That tweet was over two years old and he decided to stay in school rather than go pro today. Maybe he's grown up a bit in college since that time.
Hmmm, maybe I'm wrong. Timestamp says 2012, but they're reporting it like it was today. Who knows. Regardless, you don't have to have a black QB on your team now, so you should be happy.
(01-16-2015 09:11 AM)Pappy Knuckles Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm, maybe I'm wrong. Timestamp says 2012, but they're reporting it like it was today. Who knows. Regardless, you don't have to have a black QB on your team now, so you should be happy.

Hey bro I follow you on Twitter sometimes and you one funny brotha. Not Dave Chapelle or Richard Pryor funny but I like your unique style. You are like an Urban superCalo and that is a HUGE compliment. You are everything Senor Penis tries to be on twitter but fails miserably.

I even tried to troll you once about the New York Knicks but you didn't bite after the first nibble because you are too sharp to fall for that nonsense. Plus the SWAG you possess probably acts as a hater and troll repellent.

[Image: Aint-Nobody-Got-Time-for-That.gif]

My only question is why don't you post here at eY.com more often. Im sure your busy very sexing some fine Shawty's but it would be nice to have another Black Voice around here along with Nemo and Donjohnson to give another perspective of the African American. Plus it would be nice to have someone to talk American Sports with and not have to listen to Megatheruim ramble on about Hockey and Curling.
(01-16-2015 09:11 AM)Pappy Knuckles Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm, maybe I'm wrong. Timestamp says 2012, but they're reporting it like it was today. Who knows. Regardless, you don't have to have a black QB on your team now, so you should be happy.

Not quite Pappy Knuckles.

Cardale was third string and the two other starters who were injured during the season were Black. That Spread offense Urban runs is conducive to their talents of being able to move out of the pocket.

THE NIGHTMARE CONTINUES FOR UNCLE T!
People that watch sports religiously are so fucked up. I have said this many times in the past, anyone into sports is a sheeple in the 33 degree.
The man's got a point.

I remember when Michael Jordan was on David Letterman years ago and Dave asked what his degree was in.

Michael almost couldn't answer. He finally remembered it was geography.

Just let them athlete. That's why they're there.
(01-16-2015 09:08 AM)Pappy Knuckles Wrote: [ -> ]That tweet was over two years old and he decided to stay in school rather than go pro today. Maybe he's grown up a bit in college since that time.

Respectfully disagree. I have more respect for the honesty of his original tweet than this decision to stay in school.

The risk/reward calculation for Mr. Jones was all in favor of turning pro. His last three games were like a Disney movie. His stock in the pro draft will almost certainly never be higher than it is right now.

His best case scenario is that he leads OSU to a repeat championship next year. In this unlikely case, how many slots higher would he be drafted? Not many, imo.

His downside on the other hand is huge. He could get injured. He could get exposed as a less than spectacular prospect, particularly as teams will have all summer to study film and prepare for him. In addition, even if he performs well, the team may decline and not play in next year's championship game.

Finally, given his original tweet, it seems extremely unlikely he will get much out of his classes.
(01-19-2015 08:55 AM)Roland Bates Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-16-2015 09:08 AM)Pappy Knuckles Wrote: [ -> ]That tweet was over two years old and he decided to stay in school rather than go pro today. Maybe he's grown up a bit in college since that time.

Respectfully disagree. I have more respect for the honesty of his original tweet than this decision to stay in school.

The risk/reward calculation for Mr. Jones was all in favor of turning pro. His last three games were like a Disney movie. His stock in the pro draft will almost certainly never be higher than it is right now.

His best case scenario is that he leads OSU to a repeat championship next year. In this unlikely case, how many slots higher would he be drafted? Not many, imo.

His downside on the other hand is huge. He could get injured. He could get exposed as a less than spectacular prospect, particularly as teams will have all summer to study film and prepare for him. In addition, even if he performs well, the team may decline and not play in next year's championship game.

Finally, given his original tweet, it seems extremely unlikely he will get much out of his classes.

Yes I should've mentioned that this is back in the news because of his decision regarding the 2015 draft. It's also topical to me because the recent scandals regarding the discovery that colleges and professors have been allowing nearly illiterate black athletes to graduate in majors such as "Afro American Studies", the James Winston rape thing, the Ray Rice assault thing, the multitude of overhyped black quarterbacks playing in the NFL and their inability to win a Superbowl, etc. I used to be a Warren Moon fan, but now the hype surrounding black quarterbacks makes me wretch.
Respect to johan for not letting knuckles (I refuse to refer to a black dude as pappy even on the internet) punk him into a retraction
Reference URL's