Evil Academy

Full Version: Quantitative Easing has Ended.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
the single biggest drive of stock prices has now ended.

what will happen next? QE4?

QE is responsible for the massive rise in stocks. everytime there has been no QE, the stock market tanked.

[Image: tumblr_inline_mjzbaqVYTj1qz4rgp.jpg]

QE is a good example of how a few people can control the many.

10-15 FOMC guys can literally control the entire economy through open market activities.
it will be a big challenge to unwind one of the biggest balance sheets in the history of mankind.

what a ponzi scheme. WOW

they will do it gradually and use esoteric instruments to unwind the balance sheet. this will take DECADES if not more.

to their credit, their actions seem to have prevented a full scale depression, FOR NOW.
QE is over, unless the Fed is funnelling money through Belgium to purchase US treasuries.
I hope this means my dollars will be worth more
(10-29-2014 03:05 PM)Count Iblis Wrote: [ -> ]QE is over, unless the Fed is funnelling money through Belgium to purchase US treasuries.

the hope is that the ECB will start quantitative easing.

That will be hard to push in Europe as QE does cause inflation.

what it causes is massive asset inflation. price of pork and beef may not go up that much, but assets get pumped up.. until they crash.
Ah economics. What a load of horse shit.

I agree with Schiff, the US needs to allow the recession. You're just transferring problems to future generations with this QE bullshit.

Medicine tastes bad, but it works.
doesn't take a genius to predict the end of the business cycle, though. As long as the US is the reserve currency, they can print money without stratospheric inflation.
(04-01-2015 02:59 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with Schiff, the US needs to allow the recession. You're just transferring problems to future generations with this QE bullshit.

Medicine tastes bad, but it works.

Shiff is dangerous. He and other Libertarians want a deflationary crash. They think the system needs to bottom out before it can come back. This would mean the destruction of the working class, and in a desperate time with rock-bottom prices, those with money could asset strip the entire nation.
I don't want a crash but the economy needs to take a breather and regroup. Too much money pumped into the system that will cause greater problems later on.

A crash would definitely be bad and it would just allow more transfer of wealth to the plutocrats.

but I somewhat agree with you about Schiff wanting a crash. He's kind of a doomsday economist.

I am predicting a hefty pullback in the market this year.
(04-01-2015 04:12 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]but I somewhat agree with you about Schiff wanting a crash. He's kind of a doomsday economist.

Something is untrustworthy about him. It's no coincidence that you find Survivalists and Gold Brokers collaborating with Libertarians and Fiscal conservatives. There is a faction that wants the Bottom-Out Deflationary Crash.
(04-01-2015 04:12 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]I am predicting a hefty pullback in the market this year.

I think QE not only kept market prices high and interest rates low, it also allowed the banks to buy some time to offload/hide/shred their massive derivative losses. The derivative speculation hasn't halted, but it's also not about to cause another banking panic.
Beware of the US Warmongers, they typically respond to Wall St. hysteria by advertising Foreign Adventurism and Looting.

Remember in 2009 the WSJ and Washington Post ran a bunch of articles about "Huge Lithium Deposits Discovered in Afghanistan! - Will these mean the end of the recession?" When in reality Lithium abundance in central Asia had been known about since the British Empire.
(04-01-2015 04:22 PM)kungfool Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-01-2015 04:12 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]but I somewhat agree with you about Schiff wanting a crash. He's kind of a doomsday economist.

Something is untrustworthy about him. It's no coincidence that you find Survivalists and Gold Brokers collaborating with Libertarians and Fiscal conservatives. There is a faction that wants the Bottom-Out Deflationary Crash.

these guys are just freemarket extremists. I actually think Schiff is probably a nice guy and really believes what he says, but libertarian economics is misguided.

It would lead to gangster rule in seconds. You need a combination of free market, basic welfare and central planning. I actually advocate more free market for the avg. joe and increasingly more regulation the bigger you get. that levels the playing field.

Right now it's free market for the big corps and endless crushing regulation for the little guy.
Reference URL's