Evil Academy

Full Version: Japanese Volcano Tragedy. Photos taken moments before death
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The last thing he ever saw: Dead hiker's posthumous photograph captures Japanese volcano's ash cloud sweeping towards him moments before it claimed his life
Images taken last Saturday by hiker Izumi Noguchi show the moments immediately after Mount Ontake erupted
The 59-year-old's body was later found near the volcano's summit shrine compound with his camera close by
His wife Hiromi has now opted to make the haunting images public as a tribute to her late husband's memory
Massive eruption left at least 47 people dead, with a further 16 people - the majority hikers - still unaccounted for

[Image: 1412345685977_wps_92_In_this_Satuday_Sept_27_2.jpg]
guy was still smiling seconds before death:

[Image: 1412346881520_wps_112_In_this_Satuday_Sept_27_2.jpg]
After:

[Image: 1412345710061_wps_97_epa04429035_A_handout_pic.jpg]
Japanese are so calm and stoic:

“This is an amazing photo. But I wish he had fled instead of taking pictures. I’d rather have him back,” Hiromi said. “I hope to hike up there someday, perhaps 10 years later. I want to see what my husband saw.”

--

dude was just snapping photos like bawse.
I used to climb a lot of mountains in Japan.. it's so popular over there.

esp. for senior citizens. Very fit old people who can climb climb climb climb and climb.
4 minutes before getting hit by 190 mph rock and ash:

[Image: 5430dae89579d.image.jpg]
Very cool
I could think of worse ways to go.
Was it a pyroclastic flow that burned them to death (like the unfortunates at Pompeii and Hurculaneum) or just gas and ash that took out all the breathable oxygen were they were? Such terrible luck! Must have been the latter if the man's camera survive intact to provide the pics? Or can today's digital cameras survive high temps???!!!!
Now in this video it's clear that it was ash and gas that came down and, since no cries of pain, that it was not enough to kill immediately???~~~

I would have thought that volcanologists would have had something nearby (equipment/sensors) to warn people of something like this?

I understand these hikers died by getting pelted with rocks that where thrown from the mouth of the crater when it erupted. Sad indeed how a day of life hiking can turn into the opposite. Success is also planning for failure, an obvious issue overlooked before making the accent to a live volcano.
(10-06-2014 08:26 PM)what Wrote: [ -> ]I understand these hikers died by getting pelted with rocks that where thrown from the mouth of the crater when it erupted. Sad indeed how a day of life hiking can turn into the opposite. Success is also planning for failure, an obvious issue overlooked before making the accent to a live volcano.

You want accent? I give you accent???!!! "We must free, free from this volcrano!!! Hai!!!!"
(10-06-2014 09:04 PM)ba_dass Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2014 08:26 PM)what Wrote: [ -> ]I understand these hikers died by getting pelted with rocks that where thrown from the mouth of the crater when it erupted. Sad indeed how a day of life hiking can turn into the opposite. Success is also planning for failure, an obvious issue overlooked before making the accent to a live volcano.

You want accent? I give you accent???!!! "We must free, free from this volcrano!!! Hai!!!!"

I did mean ascend m8 =)
Im feeling that pyroclastic flow.

[Image: ice-cube1.jpg]
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's