Evil Academy

Full Version: A tip for ED patients
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You should always be kind to your nurses, and refrain from being physically and verbally combative. Sure, I'm the one who orders that 2mg of Dilaudid when you're in pain from that fracture, but that nurse that you just called a "dumb fucking cunt" is the one who decides how much of that Dilaudid ends up on the floor when she's clearing the air bubbles from the syringe.

In one patient's case, it was all but .25mg. Sorry, I just wrote that order and the records show you just got the dose administered; I can't do it again for another 2 hours, at least!
hmm

so the nurses mess with the patients?
politeness allmost always brings the best result, shocker...

never understood why people are being rude/abusive to someone who actually is trying to help them

a wise man on this forum once wrote

"People are fucking idiots. Nothing to see here."
(03-28-2013 05:34 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]hmm

so the nurses mess with the patients?

Nurses are almost universally nice to patients who treat them in a respectful manner, but they're just like anyone else. If you fuck with them, don't be surprised when they retaliate, and if your life isn't in danger, don't expect me to be sympathetic.
Fair enough Dr.
Its why I could never do such a job even if I had the talent & dedication, I simply could not sympathise with the drunken kind of people that come into ED, a failing of mine but I have no empathy with the scum or near scum violent drunk abusive entitled neanderthal sub form of human that often frequents such a place on multiple occasions.
I clicked this thread hoping that the good doctor would recommended some herbal remedies for erectile dysfunction
haha
I got my shoulder dislocated in a wrestling match and when I asked why junkies were getting treated before me I was told they are "Priority patients" and the cunt nurse even commented later that if I wrestle I only have myself to blame for my injuries.

Fuck that cunt, I hope she gets raped with a rusty screwdriver over and over again in the eye socket.
(03-28-2013 09:38 AM)superCalo Wrote: [ -> ]Its why I could never do such a job even if I had the talent & dedication, I simply could not sympathise with the drunken kind of people that come into ED, a failing of mine but I have no empathy with the scum or near scum violent drunk abusive entitled neanderthal sub form of human that often frequents such a place on multiple occasions.

Seeing the drunks/druggies come in day after day for me to patch them up, knowing they'll be back tomorrow is a soul sucking experience. The other demographic group I hate seeing is the homeless, but not for the reasons you may think.
(03-30-2013 02:42 PM)Daniel Carver Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-28-2013 09:38 AM)superCalo Wrote: [ -> ]Its why I could never do such a job even if I had the talent & dedication, I simply could not sympathise with the drunken kind of people that come into ED, a failing of mine but I have no empathy with the scum or near scum violent drunk abusive entitled neanderthal sub form of human that often frequents such a place on multiple occasions.

Seeing the drunks/druggies come in day after day for me to patch them up, knowing they'll be back tomorrow is a soul sucking experience. The other demographic group I hate seeing is the homeless, but not for the reasons you may think.
Well I reckon they must reek something awful for starters?
(03-30-2013 03:08 PM)Megatherium Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-30-2013 02:42 PM)Daniel Carver Wrote: [ -> ]

Well I reckon they must reek something awful for starters?

Although they do have an odor too disgusting to put into words, I hate seeing them because they're taking up resources that could be put to better use taking care of people who are actually sick and actually require emergent care. Instead, we're left to clean them up, get them a clean set of clothes and send them back out into the world. And they WILL be back tomorrow, especially if it rains or snows. It isn't about health to them; it's about getting a free meal, a nurse to clean them and a bed to sleep in for a little while.
Reeking, anti social, and drug seeking with no medical insurance eh. And there's usually no actual medical reason for them to be there, yet you have to waste your time with them anyway.

What a waste of time and resources.
Homeless people treating the hospital like a Bed and Breakfast pisses me off.

Around here they like to lay face down in a busy area, and wait for someone to call 911.

And they never respond with just an ambulance. It's an ambulance, police, and fire truck, just to cart one bum to the hospital.

Filthy animals.
And here I thought this thread may contain some helpful tips on dealing with Erectile Dysfunction from the good doctor.

Of course I wasn't a bit disappointed to see that it was yet more tales from the Emergency Department. Nope. No siree. Not me.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's