Evil Academy

Full Version: A Glimpse Inside The OTO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A member has apparently put this on youtube and caused a stir.

Good find. Lots of overlapping Masonic imagery.
seems like a sinister cult.

These guys bash religion but they are more freaky religious than most mainstream groups.

look at all the altars.
About what one would expect, I mish-mosh of symbols from various belief systems.
(09-03-2014 11:00 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]seems like a sinister cult.

These guys bash religion but they are more freaky religious than most mainstream groups.

look at all the altars.
ugh..what makes you say that ? Because it is off base.
The Gnostic Catholic Church and Mass is part of the OTO ritual.
They have always been religious and they are really are not very vocal about mainstream religion. They don't even require you to give up going to church etc.
(09-03-2014 02:23 PM)THE_DEAN Wrote: [ -> ]Good find. Lots of overlapping Masonic imagery.
It is by design.

Crowely seemed to be enamored with the trappings and rituals of Masonry.
When Crowley took leadership of the OTO he had grand ideas about it being legitimately recognized by standard Masonry.
Originally membership was to be automatically conferred on Masons who had attained certain degrees. I think at one point Crowely had wanted to limit membership to high ranking masons.
Redneck can correct me if I am but I think that is accurate.

The Degrees of the OTO sound an awful lot like the advanced degrees of Masonry.

The Man of Earth Triad
0°—Minerval
I°—Man & Brother
II°—Magician
III°—Master Magician
IV°—Perfect Magician & Companion of the Holy Royal Arch of Enoch
P.I.—Perfect Initiate, or Prince of Jerusalem

Outside all Triads
Knight of the East & West

The Lover Triad
V°—
Sovereign Prince Rose-Croix, and Knight of the Pelican & Eagle
Knight of the Red Eagle, and Member of the Senate of Knight Hermetic Philosophers
VI°—
Illustrious Knight (Templar) of the Order of Kadosch, and Companion of the Holy Graal
Grand Inquisitor Commander, and Member of the Grand Tribunal
Prince of the Royal Secret
VII°—
Theoreticus, and Very Illustrious Sovereign Grand Inspector General
Magus of Light, and Bishop of Ecclesia Gnostica Catholica
Grandmaster of Light, and Inspector of Rites & Degrees

The Hermit Triad
VIII°—
Perfect Pontiff of the Illuminati
Epopt of the Illuminati
IX°—Initiate of the Sanctuary of the Gnosis
X°—Rex Summus Sanctissimus
XI°—Initiate of the Eleventh Degree (This degree is technical, and has no relation to the general plan of the Order)
XII°—Frater Superior, and Outer Head of the Order
Quote:The Degrees of the OTO sound an awful lot like the advanced degrees of Masonry.

The Man of Earth Triad
0°—Minerval
I°—Man & Brother
II°—Magician
III°—Master Magician
IV°—Perfect Magician & Companion of the Holy Royal Arch of Enoch
P.I.—Perfect Initiate, or Prince of Jerusalem

The Minerval is an intitiation for welcome guests. If you get your Minerval then you can hang with them but not much else, you can only attend non-degree specific gatherings. The 1,2 and 3 degrees are a copy of the three degrees of Freemasonry and the inititiations are vaguely similar, a Master Magician = A Master Mason. Beyond that it goes off on its own, and is not based on a Masonic structure, I have figured out that each of the degrees relates to ascending the Kabbalah tree of life.

[Image: TreeofLifeKabbalah.jpg]
Masonic degrees are related to the tree of life the esoteric side of Masonry is Kabbala-istic
Ruess's original degree structure was based on Masonry and included the masonic Rite of Memphis and Mizraim and the Swedenborg Rite as part of it's degree structure at this point everyone in the OTO probably a Mason

"Master Magician = A Master Mason. Beyond that it goes off on its own, and is not based on a Masonic structure"

That is incorrect
The fourth degree ritual is the same as some Royal Arch rituals in regular masonry.

The structure and ritual of the OTO degrees are still similar enough for the Grand Lodge of England to consider the OTO "clandestine Masonry"

*edit* I am on pretty severely sprained foot the large amount of Oxycontin I am taking is causing me to ramble and talk shit on the interwebs
Reference URL's