Evil Academy

Full Version: Ice bucket challenge hidden agenda
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
My dad brought up a good point about all the awareness for AlS disease and the fund raising. Don't be surprised If embryotic stem cell research is brought back into the main stream news in the coming months.
I've noticed that people have started to move against the Ice Bucket Challenge.

For me the big issue I have with it is that the celebrities are just doing it for the likes. They aren't trying to educate people at all. If they were to talk about the illness they could make a real difference.

Instead they are creating a sideshow for us. Don't want to watch a beheading? No worries, let's watch the Foo Fighters recreate the Prom Scene from Carrie.
lol @ any donation to research. especially medical.
I agree guys it's stupid like how best cancer money goes to awareness and plan parent hood

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
It's a great idea for the narcissistic fakebook people to have an excuse to post bullshit

Sent from my iPhone using Made up Hand Signs
Yeah for some of the above reasons, I've never liked this stuff. And it is particularly funny that normal people are being asked to help fund medical research. You'd figure that cost should be embedded in the astronomical cost of education and healthcare. That should let you know the money (tuition and healthcare) is being misused.
(08-23-2014 04:13 AM)Benwahwah Wrote: [ -> ]For me the big issue I have with it is that the celebrities are just doing it for the likes. They aren't trying to educate people at all. If they were to talk about the illness they could make a real difference.

(08-23-2014 04:34 AM)what Wrote: [ -> ]It's a great idea for the narcissistic fakebook people to have an excuse to post bullshit

[Image: hitnail.jpg]
As long is it goes viral!

TBH, after some checking, it seems ALS is one of the more efficiently run charities. Almost 60% of what they raise goes to research.

I have personally raised millions for cancer research and Oxfam and have maybe covered 6 months of CEO salaries in those fields with all my hard work.

Charities are a business, and are run as such, not for optimizing charity profits, but administrative ones.

Ask your dad about that and see what he thinks, because I think it's true. Charities are organized for personal profit, not altruistic goals.

“TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO GOT MAD AT ME FOR THIS VIDEO: Since the ice bucket challenge began, over 15 million dollars has been raised for ALS research. I think that’s great, but when you consider the countless A-list celebrities who have actively gotten behind this cause by posting videos– the fact that not more than fifteen million dollars has been raised is a tragedy.

“It’s tragic because I don’t think many of those celebrities even bothered to mention how or where to donate money for ALS research. Most of them just poured water over their heads and named three random people, without including any “call to action” which actually benefits victims of ALS at all. Had all those celebrities given this cause any thought, hundreds of millions of dollars might have been raised, and a whole lot more awareness.

“Let’s start a new trend– by actually letting people know how to donate– visit this page: http://www.alsa.org/donate/ I’m nowhere near as rich or famous as many of the folks you’ve seen pour water on their heads, but I cared enough to get educated and donate one thousand dollars of my hard-earned money to http://www.alsa.org/donate/

“With love, Steve-O”
The Mexicans over here are now challenging each other or buy the next 36pk loll
What's a 36pk?
Hes talking a 36 pack of beer.my stepdad is mexican and hes in a community service (drinking) club for rednecks and mexis called the clampers
That is doing the ice challenge to see who buys the beer for the next hoe down or whatever the fuck they do.
Conspiracy Keanu has some worthwhile insight into the Ice Bucket Challenge.

[Image: 53689659.jpg]
when is the last time donating money cured a disease? these charities have been taking money in for decades and they have yet to make any significant change.i dont really support giving money to the big charities that have enough money for tv ads and infomercials.i believe your money is put to better use donating to local food banks and things that you can directly see with your own eyes.its a noble idea to try to cure a disease and people genuinely give out of the goodness of their hearts but that compassion is being taken advantage of by con men.how obsurd is it that the only celebrity who isnt whoreing for attention is steve-o.
So sick of all the attention whores posting their pics and vids like anyone gives a shit.

I get enough of this crap from ppl posting warrior dash or other stupid mud run pics.

Whatever happened to just helping out a cause because it's the right thing to do?

Everyone needs attention and recognition these days.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's