Evil Academy

Full Version: Report: Russia Poised to Announce Oil Deal With Iran
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://news.antiwar.com/2014/08/05/repor...with-iran/

Report: Russia Poised to Announce Oil Deal With Iran
Previous Russian Statement Withdrawn, New One Promised

by Jason Ditz, August 05, 2014

Reports of a 5-year, $20 billion trade deal between Russia and Iran were looming large over trading in the energy markets today, with the price of Brent North Sea Crude oil dropping 1.5 percent early in trading before paring the losses to close down only 0.7%.

The deal was initially announced overnight by the Russian Energy Ministry, though mysteriously the ministry retracted the statement, promising a new statement would be issued at some point on Wednesday.

The initial statement reported cooperation in the development of Iran’s oil and gas industry, including with oil sales, as well as the construction of new Iranian power plants.

Oil sales are the big factor here, as US sanctions have severely limited Iran’s ability to export crude, and Russia has large enough market share to be able to circumvent those sanctions. The deal is estimated to have Russia buying 500,000 barrels per day, which is about half of Iran’s current export level.
Quote:+10
curmudgeonvt105p · 12 hours ago

So, poking the Bear has resulted in... what? A pissed-off Bear who has the ability to circumvent the US/EU imposed sanctions against themselves and Iran. Oh, and to cut off the flow of natural gas to Ukraine and the EU just as the temps start to drop. And I'll wager the US has not stepped up to enable the delivery of gas to fill the void, as some of the sanction advocates in Congress have promised, sorry Europe. Better stock up on extra Steppbett...
Quote:Mark Thomason · 10 hours ago
This demonstates that sanctions on Iran are an important factor holding oil prices so high, and crippling our own economies with energy costs.

The only ones profiting from this are oil companies, and Cheney chuckles at this success.
Quote:nomorewaryouprats · 6 hours ago

BRIC by BRIC, the petrodollar edifice of the hyperpower is being torn down--this is why the Imperium has gone cray-cray. The carrier task-forces of the U.S.S. Full Faith And Credit may overawe America's "enemies" (i.e., creditors and reserve currency refuseniks) for a time, but the Fed can't buy bonds forever, and the de-dollarization wolf is drawing near the door.
Is the west purposely trying to polarize relations between East and West? All of the West's responses to Russia in the Ukraine Crisis are driving Russia towards increased dealings with countries that do not bow down to the NWO.
oy vey eh?
(08-07-2014 11:16 AM)BRIC Countries Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:+10
curmudgeonvt105p · 12 hours ago

So, poking the Bear has resulted in... what? A pissed-off Bear who has the ability to circumvent the US/EU imposed sanctions against themselves and Iran. Oh, and to cut off the flow of natural gas to Ukraine and the EU just as the temps start to drop. And I'll wager the US has not stepped up to enable the delivery of gas to fill the void, as some of the sanction advocates in Congress have promised, sorry Europe. Better stock up on extra Steppbett...

Hopefully it is a mild winter this year, a lot of people have died in recent European winters due to the cold. Not a great time to be cutting off the gas just to appease some corporate and political interests. Surely the EU has thought of this though and has a Plan B. Maybe the US will build them a new gas line.
(08-07-2014 11:38 AM)GMB13 Wrote: [ -> ]Is the west purposely trying to polarize relations between East and West? All of the West's responses to Russia in the Ukraine Crisis are driving Russia towards increased dealings with countries that do not bow down to the NWO.

probably not. The west has to look like it is doing something against Russia since Putin has been upstaging them at every turn.
(08-07-2014 06:42 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-07-2014 11:38 AM)GMB13 Wrote: [ -> ]Is the west purposely trying to polarize relations between East and West? All of the West's responses to Russia in the Ukraine Crisis are driving Russia towards increased dealings with countries that do not bow down to the NWO.

probably not. The west has to look like it is doing something against Russia since Putin has been upstaging them at every turn.

I can't help but think about the "NWO wants NWO to fail" narrative when events like this occur.
well there is probably a push to replace the dollar with something else.

there are many diff. factions pushing for global control and it's one big chess game. All I know is that a UNIPOLAR world is looking less and less likely at this point.
Anyone who's tried to replace the dollars with something else has died, and sometimes had their country completely rectified.

Can I get a holla for a petrodolla!?

Forgotten Rebels - I left my Heart in Iran
the petrodollar is going down.. the stats prove it.

has lost about 10-15% influence over the last several years.
Man when I moved to Hong Kong, Greenbacks were everything!

Our Canadian buck was shit next to it.

Nowadays, Hong Kong is pegged to the US dollar, and the Canadian dollar is huge.

I got some shit in CAD back home, and wonder when HKD will peg to RMB.

Smart people in the financial industry are telling me it's still a long ways away.

Whatever. Money is just a bunch of bullshit anyway.
Reference URL's