Evil Academy

Full Version: The Culture Wars are all about SEX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are the culture wars really just about sex?

Damon Linker’s column at The Week argued that it is:

The culture war isn’t really about culture, and it never has been.

It’s about sex.

Leading social conservative Rod Dreher conceded as much last week — and I think he’s absolutely correct. Writing about what divides traditionalist religious believers from those who are more liberal or progressive, Dreher posed a pair of questions: “Take sex out of the picture, and what do you have? If we’re not talking about sex, what are we talking about?”

The answer is: nothing. We are talking — and fighting, and slinging mud, and spewing bile — about nothing but sex. And in particular, about two competing, largely incompatible visions of the proper place of sex in a good human life.

Do children do best with two parents of opposite genders? Or are two parents of the same gender just as good? Or better? How about one parent of either gender? What about three, four, five, or more people in a constantly evolving polyamorous arrangement?

Can the institution of marriage survive without the ideals of fidelity and monogamy? What kind of sexual temptations and experiences will technology present us with a year — or a decade, or a century — from now? Will people be able to think of reasons or conjure up the will to resist those temptations? Will they even try? Does it even matter?

Since the advent of The Pill, divorce has skyrocketed, as have out-of-wedlock births and the percentage of children raised in single-parent homes.

The traditionalists saw this coming. Pope Paul VI got roundly criticized for his encyclical Humanae Vitae, but it predicted 46 years ago this week most of the ills that have arisen from disconnecting sex from procreation and family life. The pontiff wrote:

Let them first consider how easily this course of action could open wide the way for marital infidelity and a general lowering of moral standards…

…a man who grows accustomed to the use of contraceptive methods may forget the reverence due to a woman, and, disregarding her physical and emotional equilibrium, reduce her to being a mere instrument for the satisfaction of his own desires, no longer considering her as his partner whom he should surround with care and affection. [Humanae Vitae]

The issue in this warning isn’t the sex, but the degrading influence on the stability of the community that contraceptives create. …

To be sure, Pope Paul VI framed this in terms of Catholic teaching and faith. However, when he wrote that in “preserving intact the whole moral law of marriage, the Church is convinced that she is contributing to the creation of a truly human civilization,” the issue was not sex itself, but the health of human communities. The traditionalist view is that sex cannot be separated from its consequences for civilization, and that the effects of attempting to do so over the last several decades demonstrate the damage it does to try.

So yes, the culture “wars” relate in large part to sexual politics — but in the end, they are about culture and civilization, not just the sex itself.
I agree with this.

it is a sexual attitude battle.

Procreation is the meaning of life in pure biological terms.

if you divorce the sex act from procreation, you destroy the social fabric.

not saying you can't enjoy sex with your wife, but if you take it too far and start messing around.. there becomes less procreation and less stable families.

A woman who messes around with 100 guys before marriage most likely will not make a good mother.

once again the Catholic Church had it right.
recommended reading:

[Image: 9781587314650_p0_v1_s260x420.jpg]
first they liberate you sexually, then you become atomized, then all are subservient to the controllers.

their methods are extremely easy to detect, but most people are afraid to face their own souls.
(07-31-2014 03:50 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]recommended reading:

Have you read the slaughter of cities by emj? Great book
So called social conservatives should spend less time worrying about condoms and more time fighting the police state they did a lot to create.
The assault on their values is coming form the institutions that they fucking love to love.
(07-31-2014 03:49 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with this.

it is a sexual attitude battle.

Procreation is the meaning of life in pure biological terms.

if you divorce the sex act from procreation, you destroy the social fabric.

not saying you can't enjoy sex with your wife, but if you take it too far and start messing around.. there becomes less procreation and less stable families.

A woman who messes around with 100 guys before marriage most likely will not make a good mother.

once again the Catholic Church had it right.

Procreation is the meaning of life in pure biological terms: One can extrapolate from this that the men should be depositing spooge in every female they can and women should be incubators until they outlive their
child bearing years(after which time they are useless).

If ever there two groups that be kept out of peoples sexual lives it is the modern mind control left and the Catholic church.

Also The Catholic Church has no real original insight about sex or normal sexual behavior. Look at Augustus's reforms(he was a pagan by the way).

They way the church has used sexuality as tool over the years is almost comical.
If confessionals were not in Catholic Churches they would be at BDSM clubs and gay bars , which is where you can probably a priest any night of the week.

Fuck what ever the church has to say about sexual behavior they have no credibility. Preaching guilt and sin about using condoms in Africa is real fucking nice.
Oh yeah and all the while the inner church has always been a veritable den hedonism and kid fucking.
Quote:Procreation is the meaning of life in pure biological terms: One can extrapolate from this that the men should be depositing spooge in every female they can and women should be incubators until they outlive their
child bearing years

that's extreme. the reason why people can't be making babies with every female out there is because it takes a man and a woman to raise a child properly. you can't just pop out babies and forget about them. you need family, resources, time and commitment, so therefore the marriage system which has been instituted worldwide for thousands of years is the best system for that.

if you just pop a baby out and don't raise him properly, then things get messed up.

I believe the Catholic Church's teachings are totally correct. Their only weakness is relying on superstition.
(07-31-2014 05:33 AM)Bishop Williamsons Minion Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2014 03:50 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]recommended reading:

Have you read the slaughter of cities by emj? Great book

no but EMJ is a formidable thinker. I have read some parts of the jewish revolutionary spirit though.
the reason why they preach against condoms and birth control is because when you VALIDATE this stuff you are separating the act of sex from procreation.

They just speak against this. they let YOU decide if you want to use it. I think they are quite lenient, but what they do is control your conscience. make you feel guilty.
i'm not saying i don't use condoms, but I do recognize the logic of what they are saying. I think they issue recommendations and people get in a hissy fit because they recognize the spiritual power of the Universal Church. Everyone cares about what the pope says because he does have influence.
Reference URL's