Evil Academy

Full Version: Celebrity #FreePalestine tweets causing controversy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quite a pickle to put yourself in. I don't think it's controversial to say both of these celebrities work in industries owned and controlled by people who almost certainly do not share the sentiment. The last thing Zionists would want is for Israel to be seen by young Americans as a modern day apartheid era South Africa.

Rihanna tweets '#FreePalestine,' immediately deletes it
Both the singer and NBA star Dwight Howard tweeted in support of Palestine before taking down their messages. Howard followed his post with an apology while RiRi has remained silent.

[Image: dv1819816_jpg_enlarged.jpg]

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment...-1.1867797

Quote:First, Rihanna showed her support for Germany's soccer team. Then she tweeted her support for Palestine amid the country’s conflict with Israel.

"#FreePalestine," the singer posted Tuesday before almost immediately deleting the tweet.

Unlike a soccer match, the international conflict taking place between Israelis and Palestinians is costing innocent people their lives.

Although RiRi tried to backpedal on her international political view by deleting the post, it was retweeted nearly 70,000 times before she took it down, according to the Twitter analytics site Favstar.

Dwight Howard also bit his social media tongue recently when he too tweeted "#FreePalestine" after a follower clued him in to the devastation taking place there.

"@DwightHoward this is Gaza, Palestine being bombed by Israel," @NckJ6 tweeted the NBA star Saturday. "151 innocent civilians have been killed thus far."

Howard wrote back saying, "@NckJ6 wow how can I help."

"@DwightHoward honestly best thing to do is spread awareness and tell everyone you can," @NckJ6 responded. "Many innocent lives are at stake #FreePalestine."

With that the Houston Rockets' center tweeted his support for Palestine. Like, the "Diamonds" singer, Howard also deleted the post shortly after. Unlike RiRi, the 28-year-old professional athlete apologized for his actions.

"Previous tweet was a mistake," he tweeted Saturday. "I have never commented on international politics and never will.

"I apologize if I offended anyone with my previous tweet," he added. "It was a mistake!"

His original tweet and apologies following its deletion received mixed reviews.

While the Zionist Organization of America's president said he should be "publicly condemned," TMZ Sports reported, others didn't feel the same.

"So Dwight Howard spent a day apologizing for tweeting '#FreePalestine,'" @djaspora tweeted. "Let's think about that for a minute. How warped is this world?!!!!"

Whatever is going on in Rihanna's world one thing is for sure, the 26-year-old singer doesn't regret supporting Germany's World Cup win.

"I touched the cup, held the cup, kissed the cup, took a selfie wit the cup!!!" she tweeted Monday. "I meeeaan ….. what is YO bucket list looking like bruh?"
[Image: rihanna_jpg_enlarged.jpg]

[Image: 0712_dwight_howard_tweet_7.jpg]
Palestinian Org. -- Dwight Howard Should NOT Apologize for #FreePalestine Tweet
7/15/2014 11:31 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

http://www.tmz.com/2014/07/15/dwight-how...palestine/

Quote:Dwight Howard should NOT have apologized for tweeting #FreePalestine over the weekend ... so says a powerful Palestinian interest group who says Dwight's message was "humanitarian" in nature.
We spoke with Hussein Ibish -- a Senior Fellow at the American Task Force on Palestine ... a D.C.-based org. that's dedicated to creating a Palestinian state that can peacefully coexist with Israel.

Ibish tells us, "It seems fantastically mean-spirited that people would have a problem with what [Dwight] said. It was a very vague, humanitarian message. It's an unobjectionable value."

As we previously reported, Howard quickly deleted the tweet ... and apologized for getting involved in international politics.

"I understand why a sports star would delete the message and not want to get involved in such a serious issue," Ibish says ... "but what takes me back is that [Dwight] simply wished freedom for Palestinians. I don't understand the offense."

When we asked about Rihanna -- who also tweeted and deleted #FreePalestine -- Ibish said, "The entertainers should probably entertain us, and let the policy makers deal with the conflict."
actually I would argue that a lot of hollywood white hebrews are probably against the state of Israel.

I don't think she'll take too much heat for this.
lol

Rihanna -- I Didn't Even Realize I Tweeted #FreePalestine

http://www.tmz.com/2014/07/15/rihanna-tw...n-apology/

Quote:Rihanna deleted her #FreePalestine tweet 8 minutes after she posted it because she says it was never meant to be sent out in the first place ... a source close to the singer tells TMZ.

One source connected to the situation tells TMZ, "She deleted it because it was never meant to be tweeted," adding, "She didn't even realize it was a tweet until she started hearing from her fans."

The source says Rihanna was reading about the Middle East conflict online when she clicked a link. The next thing she knew ... her fans were asking her why she was pro-Palestine.

The explanation is obviously curious. In order to tweet, someone would either have to type the message or cut and paste it, and then click the "Tweet" button.

Our source says Rihanna is not pro-Palestine or pro-Israel ... "she is pro-peace," saying, "She doesn't want innocent people dying."
Israel is in the way of the UN based world order.

I think there are 3 factions vying for world power.

Israel + Five Eyes vs. the UN/Europe vs. Brics.

Brics and Un are closer though.
(07-16-2014 07:20 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]actually I would argue that a lot of hollywood white hebrews are probably against the state of Israel.

I would say some, but not the majority and certainly not the big players like the Weinstein brothers. These guys seem to have a hands off policy when it comes to Israel or Judaism, but take special pleasure in attacking Christianity, particularly Catholicism.
yeah, I mean definitely a lot are zionists in hollywood, but I think as long as they don't criticize jewish people as a whole group, they probably wouldn't care that much.

Like this is not going to be as bad as the whole Gary Oldman debacle.
That's almost as bad as tweeting against the gay mafia!

Time for rehab
Your PR house is crumbling, Zionists. Probably time for a new strategy...
(07-16-2014 07:26 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]Israel is in the way of the UN based world order.

I think there are 3 factions vying for world power.

Israel + Five Eyes vs. the UN/Europe vs. Brics.

Brics and Un are closer though.
That's kind of like saying that Canada is in the way of British world domination.

The main way that the Israeli State has been in the "way' has been by being too domineering over its neighbors and thus stoking conflict between its neighbors and its superpower ally.
what i meant was that American power and Israeli power are interlinked.
I've read this story on a few sites now. I get the impression that this Becky Griffin has a real persecution complex, the kind of mentality that makes a person or people believe their persecution and oppression of others is justified. Also, is Stoudemire a black Israelite?

Israeli-Born Model Lashes Out at Knicks’ Stoudemire Over ‘Palestine’ Post

http://jpupdates.com/2014/07/15/israeli-...tine-post/

[Image: 1405375050715_cached.jpg]

[Image: 1405423094018_cached.jpg]

Israeli-born model and former cable television host Becky Griffin got into two separate intense verbal spats online this week, both related to the ongoing battle between Israel and Hamas.

Early Tuesday morning, the New York Knicks’ star power forward, Amare Stoudemire, an African-American who claims that he may be part-Jewish, posted — and then deleted — an Instagram photo depicting an Arab and Jewish boy with their arms around each other in a symbol of friendship, with the words “Pray for Palestine.”

When Griffin, who is now a columnist for the website Calcalist, saw the post, she reacted critically, accusing the basketball star of siding with the Palestinians even while he does business in Israel.

“He should have prayed for both sides, as I tweeted,” Griffin told the Daily Beast. “Especially a dude who does business in Israel, owns a basketball club, and holds a camp. So hundreds of rockets that target Israeli civilians every day is not worth praying for? He accused me for not wanting peace, which is nonsense as I asked him to support both sides. Also, he gave a lame excuse: ‘I couldn’t find a pic that expresses both sides.’ And then he wrote that he never apologizes.”

Griffin became even more irate when Stoudemire sent her Twitter messages in response telling her to stop criticizing him publicly. Claiming that he was “threatening” her, Griffin sent out copies of his messages to the basketball player’s agent and numerous media outlets, and she called him a “bully.”

Stoudemire has traveled frequently to Israel in the past several years, stating that “The Holy Land has always been high on my list of places to visit, and when this opportunity arose, I wasn’t going to push it off any longer,” and that he was “so excited to be here, see all the important historical sites, learn Hebrew and to get a better understanding of my heritage.” He has also applied for Israeli citizenship, become part-owner of a team in the Israeli Basketball Super League, operates a basketball camp in the Jewish state, talked about playing there once his contract with the Knicks expires in 2015, and had a friendly meeting with then-Israeli President Shimon Peres, who told his celebrity guest, “It is an honor to have you in Israel.”

In addition to her latest scuffle with the Knicks star, on May 22, Griffin accused Stoudemire of exploiting his interest in Judaism to profit improperly off the children who attend his basketball camp, as the fee for participation is allegedly a lot higher than the one charged by such camps run by other NBA stars.

“I think he’s a hypocrite,” Griffin said when queried about today’s online skirmish. “I lost all respect for him today. He would never talk to an American journalist in such a way, but to me he allows himself to act like a bully. I’m entitled to my own opinion whether he can handle it or not. He also indicated he knows exactly who I am, so his response wasn’t just about the initial tweet about his photo. He targeted me specifically because I wrote about him in May.”

On Sunday evening, Griffin sent out multiple Twitter messages mocking and criticizing the upstart online news outlet Vocativ for its alleged lack of Gaza war coverage despite its being a company owned by an Israeli mogul.

The notably pro-Israel television host has long been critical of the Mati Kochavi-founded website, which has boasted about its “deep-web” mining capabilities to find unknown stories, via web chatter, about compelling international issues. Seeing no Israel stories on Vocativ’s front page this weekend, Griffin blasted Vocativ founder’s daughter, Adi Kochavi — a writer and producer for the company — decrying the company’s non-coverage and belittling their actual accomplishments. In this regard, one of Griffin’s tweets read: “Top Stories: Pot Smoking, Transgender Soccer Club, Men’s Rights. That’s deep web reporting?” In another tweet, she wrote: “It’s an embarrassment to Israelis that you run a site like Vocativ. You miss every story. Zero news.”
well he's wearing the real symbol of the jews, the Menorah.

[Image: 1405423094018_cached.jpg]
It's an interesting dynamic. The NBA players are largely black inner city people who probably see themselves as coming from an oppressed minority group. And now after the Donald Sterling incident, they are likely more aware of the fact that their current commissioner is Jewish (as was the last commissioner) and about half of the owners are Jewish. Maybe this is why we've been hearing more and more black people and black NBA players comparing the NBA to a "plantation", and taking sides in the Israel/Palestine conflict.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's