Evil Academy

Full Version: Obama... to keep US troops in Afghanistan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/05/25/...ghanistan/

Obama signals willingness to keep US troops in Afghanistan

[Image: 364146_US%20afghan%20.jpg]

US President Barack Obama addresses US troops during a surprise visit to Bagram Air Field, north of Kabul, in Afghanistan,

Sun May 25, 2014 11:2PM GMT

The US president, who made a surprise trip to Afghanistan on Sunday, says his country’s longest war will be over by the end of the year but adds Washington will likely maintain its military presence in the war-weary nation.

After arriving at Bagram Air Field, the main US base in Afghanistan, Barack Obama pledged what he called a “responsible end” for the US-led controversial war in Afghanistan.

“After all the sacrifices we've made, we want to preserve the gains that you have helped to win,” Obama said while speaking for American troops gathered in an airplane hangar in the base.

“We’re at a pivotal moment.” “For many of you, this will be your last tour in Afghanistan," the US president said, earning a rapturous applause from the audience.

Obama who refused to go to the Afghan capital and meet with government officials there is said to have plans to keep 10,000 American soldiers in Afghanistan.

The US commander in chief added that he would soon announce his decision about the US military presence in Afghanistan.

The relations between Kabul and Washington have been tumultuous over a security pact, called Bilateral Security Agreement (BSA). The agreement allows the US to maintain its forces in Afghanistan beyond the 2014 deadline.

Despite US pressure, outgoing Afghan President Hamid Karzai has so far refused to sign the pact. Kabul says it needs guarantees that American forces will end their deadly airstrikes on afghan civilians.

Obama also visited wounded American soldiers at a military hospital in Bagram amid allegations of misconduct and mismanagement by Veterans Affairs health facility.

At least 2,181 US service members have lost their lives during the nearly 13-year war in Afghanistan and thousands more have sustained injuries.

DT/DT
Of course the soldiers have to stay in Afghanistan.

The US rarely pulls out completely once it has bases in a country.

You don't get to 900+ bases in 100+ countries by sending everybody home.
Gee, never saw that coming.

Tongue

I think it's hilarious that WW2 lasted 6 years, and the US have been at "war" in Afghanistan for over 13 years and counting. Yet no one asks why.
[Image: Afghan_Opium_Production_2005_2007.JPG]
[Image: 1351401497_tQk3elC_a66cf9e7e5c2f69e9d91e16a58ffd250.png]
90% heroin supply.
(05-27-2014 12:59 PM)DonJohnson Wrote: [ -> ]90% heroin supply.

Yeah, but as Geraldo reported, they need to control the heroin business in order to prevent the Taliban from controlling it. Apparently this is the good US backed 'freedom' heroin, not the bad Taliban heroin.

(05-27-2014 11:49 PM)Redneck Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-27-2014 12:59 PM)DonJohnson Wrote: [ -> ]90% heroin supply.

Yeah, but as Geraldo reported, they need to control the heroin business in order to prevent the Taliban from controlling it. Apparently this is the good US backed 'freedom' heroin, not the bad Taliban heroin.

I only inject heroin that is infused with freedom and democracy, so I am actually okay with this.
Yeah, we got the good news here in Canada yesterday I think. It breaks my heart to see a base in Nuristan. Those people held out against every conqueror to come through Central Asia until finally succumbing to Islamization only in the 1896 jihad against them of Emir Abdur Rahman Khan. In fact the Nuristani name is something new; they were called the Kaffirs historically on account of their defiant resistance to conquest and Islamization.
Still in Afghanistan.... the fuck?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
(05-28-2014 04:26 PM)Señor Penis Wrote: [ -> ]Still in Afghanistan.... the fuck?

Never leaving.
Conveniently, the democracies of both Iraq and Afghanistan border with the evil dictatorship of Iran. If those crazy freedom hating Iranians threaten to strike the US with some of their vast array of nuclear weapons, the US will happen to be in a very strategic position.
Fortunately, another bastion of freedom, enemy of Iran and ally of the US, Saudi Arabia, make up the other border, albeit seperated by a small body of water.

[Image: iran.afghanistan.jpg]
Iraq and Afghanistan are exploding with freedom.
FREEEDOMMMM

they are always told to FIGHT the war not WIN the war.

if they were told to win they would be in and out within a few weeks or months.

the same thing happened in vietnam. they were told to FIGHT it, not win it.
Reference URL's