Evil Academy

Full Version: Vikings - History channel series
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been watching this series over the past few days and can highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys period-based, quasi-historical, quasi-fantasy, themes such as Game of Thrones or Spartacus, or even shows such as Sons of Anarchy, for that matter.

When I heard that it was made by the History Channel, I actually thought it would suck, but it's pretty good. It is based on the true story of Ragnar Lothbrok, a Viking hero who was tantamount in the Viking occupation of England. The inderlying story though is the story of two faiths, the paganism of the Vikings, and the Christianity of the English. The series cleverly draws comparisons between the two religions, sometimes showing Christianity to be more civilised but at other times showing Odinism to be.

The actor that plays Ragnar reminds me a lot of Jax from Sons Of Anarchy.

Cool show, way better than I expected.
Missing last episode.
Big fan of this
Yeah, a friend has been trying to get me to watch it. Som-Pong has seen some of it and says it's a pretty good watch too.
Great show! I'm a few eps behind but got them dvr'd.
interesting. your description has me interested.
(05-12-2014 06:40 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]interesting. your description has me interested.

I wasn't expecting to like it, but it got me hooked fairly quickly.
i noticed a lot of right wing "counter culture" groups don't like Christianity and prefer their native pagan traditions. If this deals with that then it should be very interesting!
(05-12-2014 08:00 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]i noticed a lot of right wing "counter culture" groups don't like Christianity and prefer their native pagan traditions. If this deals with that then it should be very interesting!

At first I thought it was glorifying Christianity over Paganism, but it is more about the differences in the two beliefs, and the cultures each one nurtures.

History tells us that the Vikings did convert to Christianity, changing Thor's hammer to incorporate the Crucifix, but this series is based in the years leading up to that time.

[Image: thors-hammer-iceland-with-christian-cross.jpg]
I'm about to watch the first three episodes from the new season, looking forward to it.

Hail Odin
Great show I got hooked season 1.
(05-12-2014 08:00 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]i noticed a lot of right wing "counter culture" groups don't like Christianity and prefer their native pagan traditions. If this deals with that then it should be very interesting!

Father Odin is with us even you EYSmile
This thread is interesting because I was at a point where I was saying 'FUCK the History Channel'.

How can we distinguish between honorable shows as this one is supposed to be, and then right after some BULLSHIT on Hitler or JFK?
Is it better than Honey Boo Boo?
(03-06-2015 08:52 PM)Hiptosser Wrote: [ -> ]

Father Odin is with us even you EYSmile

this site's logo is somewhat related to thor/odin I guess.

[Image: esad-ribic-thor-god-of-thunder-9-cover-odin-thor.jpg]

lightning /thunder symbology is not really promoted by the NWO. It represents masculine authority.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's