Evil Academy

Full Version: I have 422 friends yet I'm lonely
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Social Media destroying lives:

10 million views for this video.

this is what i'm talking about when I'm saying that we are approaching a type of sobering period when it comes to social media and this kind of technology.
google glass has come at a time when mroe and more people are getting fed up with superficial social media interaction.

I do think Google ass has some good industrial applications but I dont' think it will catch on a big way for regular people.

many people may own one but will not wear it in public.
I have a troll Facebook account I used for a week. Deleted twitter last year
that guy obviously on the wrong forums
^ haha
Nice.
I don't really understand the whole smart phone phenomenon.

I just like doing what I'm doing, whatever that might happen to be at the moment.

We live in an entire society that's being driven to distraction.

And the real distraction, as far as I can tell, is to make sure you never have to be alone with your own thoughts.

But to not know and become is stranger to onesself is the beginning of loneliness.
i'll be your pen-pal...but I won't pay for foreign postage???!!!!????!!!!
I haven't seen the video yet but I already know I'll agree with it's message. It's cool staying in touch with a lot of the people I otherwise would have lost touch with by now, but at the same time it's more or less resulted in me having a lot more distance with closer friends than I did in the past. It's not all social networking's fault of course, but the fact remains. I can definitely see the social networking fatigue among my friends as well. Many deleting accounts, and more deleting their accounts to make a new one but only adding their real friends/family.
(05-05-2014 02:18 PM)PUBLICnoose Wrote: [ -> ]I have a troll Facebook account I used for a week. Deleted twitter last year

Yeah. I had a fake account I used for looking at girls and watching UFC prelims, but I deleted it after a couple months. I think the negatives far outweigh the positives.
When this phone I just got breaks in a few years I'll go back to the flip phone.
I think regular phones will go back into fashion again.

Maybe they will just have some type of email + chat capability but that's it.

People are losing out on life with these inhumane technologies.
(05-05-2014 07:30 PM)Reflexion Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't seen the video yet but I already know I'll agree with it's message. It's cool staying in touch with a lot of the people I otherwise would have lost touch with by now, but at the same time it's more or less resulted in me having a lot more distance with closer friends than I did in the past. It's not all social networking's fault of course, but the fact remains. I can definitely see the social networking fatigue among my friends as well. Many deleting accounts, and more deleting their accounts to make a new one but only adding their real friends/family.

good post
Reference URL's