Evil Academy

Full Version: The Disneyland Ghost and others
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Right away this video is suspicious just from the description -- a ghost hanging around the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland? That's a fake haunted house. Why would any realm-shambling specter waste its time in a place where people are expecting to see automated rocking chairs and Muppets dressed up like phantoms? It just seems like that would be super boring.

Anyway, the video starts with someone (presumably a security guard) filming a bank of four monitors displaying video feeds from four different cameras in the park, near the Haunted Mansion attraction:

He (or she -- we really have no way of knowing, because the camera operator never speaks) zooms in on one screen for what initially is no apparent reason. But then it slowly becomes clear:

[Image: 150751.jpg?v=1]

"John, if this is another one of those screamer videos? I swear to Christ ..."

It just looks like a smudge in our still shots, but in motion it's a clear yet transparent human figure, merrily strolling down the path like someone out to test their new Predator cloaking device. The guard tracks it across all four screens as it walks right through the closed gate, crosses the street and then struts out over the river before fading from view:

[Image: 150752_v1.jpg]

So what is it? It's clearly a person (or the shade of a person) just kind of jaunting along like a haunted iPod commercial, but what could produce that image on the security feed? A lot of YouTube comments jump to the conclusion that it's a reflection on the monitor, which would make sense if the room the monitors are in were about 60 feet long, and wide enough for someone to stand far enough away to make the appropriate scale and to walk a long enough distance to cast a seamless reflection on all four screens. Beyond that, the screens are stacked, not side by side, meaning the security office would have to be two stories tall and the person casting the reflection would have to teleport from the top level to the bottom level midstride in order to maintain the illusion. Either that or the reflection is being made by a very tiny man.

Then there's this shot:

[Image: 150753.jpg?v=1]

Again, it's easier to see in motion, but that's the figure appearing on two cameras simultaneously, which means it pretty much has to be something that is actually on the video. In other words, we have to stand back in awe, if not at the existence of Disneyland ghosts, but at whoever went through the shitload of time and effort this took.

It would (presumably) have to be CGI that was doctored directly onto the security tapes and then filmed on a separate camcorder during playback. Maybe the guard stole four separate tapes of footage, took them home to add the effects on each one and then brought them back to the park to play them on the security bank in perfect sync without anybody noticing. After all, it's not Air Force One, it's Disneyland. How hardcore could security possibly get? Well, they do have four cameras monitoring a single walkway ...

[Image: 150754.jpg?v=1]

Not to mention all the cameras in the bathrooms.

Uh, maybe it's part of the ride?

http://www.cracked.com
lol. probably a new viral marketing tactic.
^^ Yeah, although the clip has existed for some time, and its never received much publicity.
Sprit exists, its a reality that exists on another dimension. Some spirits are purportedly recordable, both viscerally and auditory so this may have some legitimacy. Its always how the information is received and perceived, I have heard of some far out connective communication, through mediums and it couldn't come from anywhere but the actual source, the person who was deceased.

You have to be a believer like any other worldly experience, this doesn't just come on full, you have to be sensitive and also receptive to it. A corrupted socially measured and trained individual misses all the other energies that surround us, so basically 95% of matured adults have no concept of other realities, they are generally too consumed in their own

its the Magical World of Walt Disney though. I don't trust much out of this production house…..
Great post what, very insightful. My biggest doubt about this is that it came from Disney and it would be very easy for them to fake this, but at the same time it has an air of authenticity about it, like the gaurd sees it every night so he brought his cam in and recorded it. I don't know, but i've been looking at a lot of so-called ghost clips these past few days, and some of them are rather intriguing.
i've met a few people who claim to be able to see ghosts. they don't seem to be bsing either.

They say the ghosts can hang out anywhere and they are usually repeating the same movements.

their faces are not really visible for the most part.
There are all types of things that people class under the term 'ghosts'. Some people speculate that the ones who repeat the same motions endlessly could be some sort of imagery trapped in time, like a video on a loop, a snapshot of another time.
oh you've heard about that too? the repeating motions? that stuff is kind of trippy
(04-29-2014 01:33 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]oh you've heard about that too? the repeating motions? that stuff is kind of trippy

Yes, its really common with ghosts.
LOL. now you're scaring me.

I heard this from a couple of fobby girls in Asia... they both told me they would see the ghosts hang out in certain places repeating the same motion over and over.

i'm guessing maybe the ghosts didn't have a proper burial or were not properly sent off. weird stuff.
(04-29-2014 01:23 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]i've met a few people who claim to be able to see ghosts. they don't seem to be bsing either.

They say the ghosts can hang out anywhere and they are usually repeating the same movements.

their faces are not really visible for the most part.

I've never seen a ghost but I don't automatically assume these people who do are seeing something that isn't there.

When crossing dimensions, a part of the remembered body becomes visible as 'light'.

These things being seen at Disney wouldn't surprise me either. A lot occult activity has gone on there over the years.
I think that many of these ghost sightings and noises are "real", but whether or not they are the spirits of dead people is another thing.
I'm very interested in this subject though, i'm thinking of going to some reputedly haunted places with some photographic equipment and seeing what happens.
THE BACKSEAT GHOST

Mrs. Mabel Chinnery was visiting the grave of her mother one day in 1959. She had brought along her camera to take photographs of the gravesite. After snapping a few shots of her mother's gravestone, she took an impromptu photo of her husband, who was waiting alone in the car. At least the Chinnerys thought he was alone.
When the film was developed, the couple was more than surprised to see a figure wearing glasses sitting in the back seat of the car. Mrs. Chinnery immediately recognized the image of her mother – the woman whose grave they had visited on that day. A photographic expert who examined the print determined that the image of the woman was neither a reflection nor a double exposure. "I stake my reputation on the fact that the picture is genuine," he testified.

[Image: 1416747_back_seat_ghost_lg_jpg6a20b5c3c7...2ac5e2cc84]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Madonna of Bachelor's Grove

This photo was taken during an investigation of Bachelor's Grove cemetery near Chicago by the Ghost Research Society (GRS). On August 10, 1991, several members of of the GRS were at the cemetery, a small, abandoned graveyard on the edge of the Rubio Woods Forest Preserve, near the suburb of Midlothian, Illinois. Reputed to be one of the most haunted cemeteries in the U.S., Bachelor's Grove has been the site of well over 100 different reports of strange phenomena, including apparitions, unexplained sights and sounds, and even glowing balls of light.
GRS member Mari Huff was taking black and white photos with a high-speed infrared camera in an area where the group had experienced some anomalies with their ghost-hunting equipment. The cemetery was empty, except for the GRS members. When developed, this image emerged: what looks like a lonely-looking young woman dressed in white sitting on a tombstone. Parts of her body are partially transparent and the style of the dress seems to be out of date.

Other ghosts reportedly seen in Bachelor's Grove include figures in monks' clothes and the spirit of a glowing yellow man.

[Image: 1416754_girl_on_gravestone_lg_jpg8e2014e...8d9cddde5b]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Freddy Jackson

This intriguing photo, taken in 1919, was first published in 1975 by Sir Victor Goddard, a retired R.A.F. officer. The photo is a group portrait of Goddard's squadron, which had served in World War I at the HMS Daedalus training facility. An extra ghostly face appears in the photo. In back of the airman positioned on the top row, fourth from the left, can clearly be seen the face of another man. It is said to be the face of Freddy Jackson, an air mechanic who had been accidentally killed by an airplane propeller two days earlier. His funeral had taken place on the day this photograph was snapped. Members of the squadron easily recognized the face as Jackson's. It has been suggested that Jackson, unaware of his death, decided to show up for the group photo.

Interesting side note: In 1935, Sir Victor Goddard, now a Wing Commander, had another brush with the unexplained. While on a flight from Edinburgh, Scotland to his home base in Andover, England, he encountered a strange storm that seemed to transport him through time into the future.

[Image: 1416758_freddy_jackson_lg_jpgd8365ad2e12...0aa318692d]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ghostly Grip

This interesting photo was taken sometime around the year 2000 in Manilla, Republic of the Philippines. According to The Ghost Research Society, two girlfriends were out for a walk one warm night. One of them entreated a passing stranger to photograph them using her cell phone's camera (hence the low-resolution picture). The result is shown here, with a transparent figure seeming to tug on the girl's arm with a firm if friendly grip.

Without further information on this photo, we have to admit that the ghost could have been added with image processing software. But if it's genuine and untouched, it certainly qualifies as one of the best ghost photos.

[Image: 1416764_filipino-ghost_jpg1934b5bd1f83a4...8642e7f5ba]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cemetery ghost baby

A woman named Mrs. Andrews was visiting the grave of her daughter in a cemetery in Queensland, Australia in 1946 or 1947. Her daughter Joyce had died about a year earlier, in 1945, at the age of 17. Mrs. Andrews saw nothing unusual when she took this photo of Joyce's gravemarker.
When the film was developed, Mrs. Andrews was astonished to see the image of a small child sitting happily at her daughter's grave. The ghost child seem to be aware of Mrs. Andrews since he or she is looking directly into the camera.

Is is possibly a double exposure? Mrs. Andrews said there were no such children nearby when she took the photograph and, moreover, did not recognize the child at all – it was no one she would have taken a picture of. She remarked that she did not believe it was the ghost of her daughter as a child.

[Image: 1416772_best_baby_lg_jpgc0c803a6a0c1b731...17d8765b69]
White Lady of Worstead Church

In 1975, Diane and Peter Berthelot along with their 12-year-old son visited the Worstead Church in north Norfolk, U.K. Peter took a photo of his wife sitting and praying on one of the church benches, and when they reviewed the developed photos some months later, a friend of Mrs. Berthelot asked, "Who's that sitting behind you, Di?"

The figure in the photo Mrs. Berthelot appears to be wearing light-colored, old-fashioned clothes and a bonnet.

The Berthelots returned to Worstead Church the next summer with the photo and showed it to Reverend Pettit, the church vicar. He explained to Diane the legend of the White Lady, of whom she had never heard. It is said that the ghost is a healer who appears when someone near is in need of healing. When she visited the church at the time of the photo, Diane was in ill health and was taking antibiotics.

Reports of the ghost date back well over 100 years. According to one story, on Christmas Eve of 1830 a man boasted a challenge to the White Lady. He said he would climb to the top of the church's belfry and kiss her if she would appear. So up he went. When he failed to reappear after a time, however, friends went to search for him. They found him in the belfry, cowering in a corner, terrified. "I've seen her," he told them, "I've seen her...." And then he died.

For a time, Mrs. Berthelot said she felt a calming tingling sensation whenever she looked at the photo, but that feeling has since subsided. Today, the church has been remodeled into a pub.

[Image: 1416775_white-lady-worstead_jpgffff8c6d7...67172baf31]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grandpa's Ghost

This photo was received from Denise Russell. "The lady in the color photo is my granny," she says. "She lived on her own until age 94, when her mind started to weaken and had to be moved to an assisted living home for her own safety. At the end of the first week, there was a picnic for the residents and their families. My mother and sister attended. My sister took two pictures that day, and this is one of them. It was taken on Sunday, 8/17/97, and we think the man behind her is my grandpa who passed away on Sunday, 8/14/84.

We did not notice the man in the picture until Christmas Day, 2000 (granny had since passed away), while browsing through some loose family photos at my parents' house. My sister thought it was such a nice picture of granny that she even made a copy for mom, but still, nobody noticed the man behind her for over three years! When I arrived at my parents' house that Christmas day, my sister handed me the picture and said, "Who do you think this man behind granny looks like?" It took a few seconds for it to sink in. I was absolutely speechless. The black and white photos show that it really looks like him

[Image: 1416786_granny_lg_jpgeef4ef237f31d53aac71af23245919bb]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Railroad Crossing Ghost

A strange legend surrounds a railroad crossing just south of San Antonio, Texas. The intersection of roadway and railroad track, so the story goes, was the site of a tragic accident in which several school-aged children were killed - but their ghosts linger at the spot and will push idled cars across the tracks, even though the path is uphill.
The story may be just the stuff of urban legend, but the accounts were intriguing enough that I wrote an article about the phenomenon, "The Haunted Railroad Crossing." The article included a photograph submitted by Andy and Debi Chesney. Their daughter and some of her friends had recently been to the crossing to test the legend, and she took some photographs. Inexplicably, a strange, transparent figure turned up in one of the photos. "They had no idea that it was in the picture until the next day when I printed out the picture and showed them," said the Chesneys. "It was really freaky. It appears to be a little girl carrying a teddy bear."

Other readers who have viewed the photo think it shows a little girl with a dog sitting at her feet. What do you think?

[Image: 1416787_track_ghost25_jpg0a804c32d5eee1f...effc445a9a]
trippy stuff.

i am more interested in the sightings outside of the bedroom.

i believe most of the "i saw a ghost in my room" claims can be attributed to sleep paralysis.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's